Aliens Dark Descent Bug

Hi,
I've en counted many bugs in this game, & even though there was an update on the 26/10/23, it does not fix the issue i'm having now.
The error occurs at the end of Mission 4, during the 'Otago's Last Stand'. After progressing through the mission, the final thing to do, is bomb the caves using the Drop Ships 'Barrage Fire'. To preform a fire mission, one must put the target circle in a area. When it's a suitable area to send fire from above, the area will highlight blue, but the problem i am having, is the area i am instructed to fire upon, does not highlight blue, making it impossible to fire on the cave entrance, & without doing this, the team cannot finish the mission. It's a total game killer.
I've tried going back to a earlier save point, & the same error plays out. Please help me kill this bug 😞
Youtube Video

Hey, I had the same problem, until realising that it's not a bug - just a misunderstanding. You have to take your crew to the circled areas (ugh), and then the bombs target will appear red for nearby (literally next to where your marines are). Then it fires.

Created an account just to post this, in case others have the same problem and find this page like I did.