Digital X's Workbench.

Oh Pavel!

Thanks glad to hear. The Arch and Ramp might used for a future "trials" style map, similar to trials bikes, but that is way off yet.

This is the code from meshes/models/big_rock_a

<Material
		BacksideLighting="0.6"
		DetailMap="models/detail_stones__s_d.tga"
		DiffuseMap="models/rock__d.tga"
	>
		<ModelMaterial IsWheelTracks="true" />
	</Material>
</CombineXMesh>

In other models/mods, the closing bracket is like this

<Material
		DiffuseMap="models/rock__d.tga"
/>      <---------

but for this to work, you need to change it like the code above without the / and </Material> before the ending tag, </CombineXMesh>.

Do you see the difference? It doesn't work every time tho, for some reason and I dunno why. So sometimes when drive over it, the tracks don't show and other times they do.But that's the code for it.

last edited by Tattoo

Interesting, I'll try that out tomorrow. Does it matter where that Material code goes?

Last bit for tonight:

alt text

last edited by Digital X

@digital-x said in Digital X's Workbench.:

Does it matter where that Material code goes?

The code goes in the meshes/models/model.xml

Those Rocks at 0:58 (The Dark Rocks) look really good man! Nice Job.

Thanks Smar. They had the texture lightened just a tad as they were way too dark and you couldn't make out the edges well.

Since I'm taking a break from making models for a few days I'll be releasing everything today instead.

@Tattoo Bad wording on my part, I meant in the XML file, does it matter if that code goes at the top, bottom etc? Or just "in it" in it's own tags?

Edit: Objects release!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/7iiy4c Readme is included.

last edited by Digital X

It should go just like you see above.

OK thanks.

Also working on another map side by side another. But it won't be as near as big, but it will be different to what you are used to seeing.

@digital-x Dude I have a whole park made like that, I loved the one on beamNG so i took it to spintires, it sucks that my editor no longer works for my pc (cant upload mods or create maps)
i could texture them for you or even share my obstacles with you (they're actullay trucks that doesnt move because that was the only way for me to test them)

I'd appreciate some texture work, anything long/stretched/curved is a pain because I cannot get my head around UV Unwrapping.

It's going to be a semi obstacle course/trials course, similar to what Trials Bikes do in a Stadium.

Testing a little something.

alt text

OK for some reason (Tattoo if you see this) The Arch we made in 3DS Max, is not showing in the Editor.

classes/models has the testarch.xml
meshes/models has the .X and testarch.xml

The name appears, but the model preview is invisible.

I am baffled, because I made the above, earlier!

last edited by Digital X

Cleaned up the Canyon a bit, grass not being all together and in random spots etc. Added my rocks further up the image and tidied up some mud issues regarding protrusion. I may get rid of those little dirt chunks all together (bottom of the image) as they look flat, and out of place. Easily done.

alt text

"On the rocks" Literally.
alt text

You will have to take the canyons cautiously, there is a lot of deep ruts, steep drops and climbs and uneven surfaces everywhere. Only flat places is really for foliage.

Proper birds eye view of the map. Canyon shown is at the bottom in brown, can see just how small it is compared to what I have to do still. The adjoining canyon on the left of that, is connected, it's not seperate and is slightly larger, but not as deep as this one here.

alt text

last edited by Digital X

I'm not a fan of them, they seem quite intrusive, and thanks 🙂

I'm having the canyons use a seperate material from the ground and trails, so having to overlap the "trail" material onto the edge of the canyon so it blends in, a little messy but it works. Can be covered with plants so not a big issue. I've already tipped 3 trucks coming into the canyon today going over the rocks so I know it's gonna be a fun one.

Going to adding more of these trails, they are chock full of clutter and great to drive on. No one's coming to clean it up, so it'll get messier! Sometimes the fallen trees in the ground can "ping" the vehicle up and send it flying, so I'll drive over it a few times and alter as need be.

alt text

last edited by Digital X

OK for some reason (Tattoo if you see this) The Arch we made in 3DS Max, is not showing in the Editor.

classes/models has the testarch.xml
meshes/models has the .X and testarch.xml

The name appears, but the model preview is invisible.

I am baffled, because I made the above, earlier!

Did you type in the name of the model into the testarch .xml? Ya know the name of the model in Max?

I haven't needed to do that for my others.

classes/models xml is this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ModelBrand>
<PhysicsModel>
<Body Collisions="Dynamic" Friction="0.8"/>
</PhysicsModel>
</ModelBrand>

And meshes/models xml is this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CombineXMesh Type="Model">
<Material
Type="matte"
DiffuseMap="models/rustedmetal.jpg"

>
</Material>

</CombineXMesh>

I saved it again, created a cdt and exported selected again and finally it shows up! Just forgot to reset the Xform and it's huge.

Xform reset.. much better. My first proper UV Unwrapped model.

alt text

last edited by Digital X

Oh, no kidding? I thought that HAD to be in there because that's how all the default models are. Maybe change the exporter options back to what you had them then. I don't know any other reason for that to happen. Or maybe it's the texture. Everything in ST and MR are .tga. Sorry, but I'm not sure. If you can't get it, send it to me and i'll check it out.

edit; lmao, I was typing and got a phone call about an apartment so was talking for a bit and you edited while I was on the phone. hehe Glad ya got it figured out. And yes, any time you scale a model, you need to use reset xform.

last edited by Tattoo

My first proper UV Unwrapped model.

AAAND, you Baked it too. So it has proper shadowing. 😃

I did too, that's something I've never looked at before, let alone tried!

Was a long lesson but a good one!

Added a slow flowing river into one of the crevices, by some nice foliage. First time using angles and speed on a river, been quite good.

alt text

In game view:
alt text

Little rock pool:
alt text

And entering the 2nd half of the canyon, with a little river climb.
alt text

It's fairly steep, but the perspective from that shot does not show it.

last edited by Digital X

A first for me, after figuring out what "copying to RGB Channels " actually meant in Photoshop.. I present this. Height Map pulled from Scotland and in the Editor! Geometry in seconds and a real breeze to do.

alt text