Digital X's Workbench.

@digital-x My largest map is 2560x2560 (80x80). No problems loading in editor. (takes a bit to rebuild, but that is mostly do to a lot of vegetation)
It do bug the game as expected. (Mainly light, and running memory glitches)
No wonder really, since game only supports map up to 64x64(2048)

Not sure why it is not working for me then, holds a grudge!

1024x1024 is good enough for now.

Couple more updates on my new map.

Who lives in a houses like this?
alt text

Very steep, so wiggling is required.
alt text

A hill climb towards a Watchpoint, not easy to get to though, I have made sure of that. It also extends around the hill.
alt text

Another rock pit like the one near the start but steeper.
alt text

Making a series of rock pools, but large scale ones. Because I have not seen these made nor done them myself.

Still debating about the Herbs distribution IN the water, it look OK, but then again it looks out of place too..

Up top of that little mound is another rock pool just dug into the top of it, like a volcano, but with water.

alt text

last edited by Digital X

If you need help texturing or with UV's let me know.
I use Substance Painter for my texturing and it's by far the best program i've bought for texturing.

I need help with UV Unwrapping badly, I just cannot wrap my head around. I looked into Subtance Painter but I have no ID Card, not the cash for it atm, so doing it with "UVW Map" and making do.

OK this map is WIP, called "Overgrown" you shall see why. Finding the trail at the start, is a bit difficult, but no spoilers 😉 That's gonna be half the fun.

alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text

both maps look awesome man,keep up the good work

Cheers mate, I will be working just on Overgrown now. I have started too many maps, and never really finished them. I'll have one, and I'll finish one now. Just like when I did The Swamp Trails, I have to commit.

Still working on Overgrown, sorry I have been a bit quiet.

Also working on my first logging map, it is very bare at the moment and will be very waterlogged.

alt text

alt text

Just built this hill, time to see if the truck can make it!

alt text

last edited by Digital X

Going to possibly making a wooden bridge/concrete bridge depending how I go this afternoon. I will look around for model inspiration. Unless more rocks are wanted? I can do those.

Some ideas would be good but no vehicles, I cannot do that much technicality.

Edit: Knocked up a quick flex ramp, scaling will be adjusted so it's taller. But for now it's OK.

alt text

New dirt texture:

alt text

last edited by Digital X
This post is deleted!

Been working on this for a day or two now.

Level is Jackrabbit. Uses my custom textures for the ground.

I did plan to make some custom objects but they had errors, deleting them hasn't solved the crashing and now I cannot load the frickin map.

alt text

alt text

alt text

last edited by Digital X

"Hey Cousin, wanna go bowling?" Sadly this is not GTA.. but still fun.

Very early WIP, just messing around 🙂

Youtube Video

And Dominos!

Youtube Video

last edited by Digital X

@digital-x said in Digital X's Workbench.:

Couple more updates on my new map.

Who lives in a houses like this?
alt text

Who lives?
We, russians:

alt text

alt text

More 15%-25% of us are paupers, 1% owns 75% of state wealth (most of them are officials and president friends). But nevertheless major part of these 15% and 75% prey for president and his "partners". Becouse we like to watch "tv"...
So take care

last edited by Stazco

@stazco i assume this is a real place in Russia? It looks just like a scene from the game. well the other way around, the MR images look just like that Real place.

@Stazco

That map was long scrapped, I'm out of map ideas now just focusing on having fun.

And btw that "Now who lives in a house likes this?" is a very old phrase here in the UK, it was not nit picking people lol.

I'm almost done with modding anyway, just doing it for myself now for fun. I've made enough models, I can't really do decent maps etc so.. I may be calling it quits soon.

last edited by Digital X

@rufus yes, it north-west russia, logging paradise (ilim group, etc).
But local villages are not having a penny from this huge business (logs are sold to export, with weakened two times after crimea ruble it one of the most profitable sector now). Towns nearby have logging job, but villages are dying. All profits avoid most taxes via offshores and "president mates schemes". Check google, russian villages, if you see some touch of paint on the building - its alive (pic above), if its brown-black - left not long ago.
Yes, MR devs were writing it from rl.

last edited by Stazco