this is how you get yourself blacklisted by the modding community...

I just don't get it... no harm at all because it was private for friends only not released to the public at all. I gave credits to Blackwater: even look on the photo. The photo states: Here is Blackwater's Canyon. No harm was intended, all I wanted to do was play some mudrunner with JustCallMeJack and A Slice Of Pizza. They did not get their maps to work, so I uploaded it friends only. No harm was wanted, either.

EDIT: Good Grief, lets look at some other profiles then to see what content they have uploaded then that is not yours. Also, Mexican_420, what did you want from posting this? Me to be not considered a modder? Cause if the same thing happened to you, where you wanted to play with your friends and they couldn't get the map to work so you upload it to the workshop as friends only, how would you feel? How would you feel if I just straight up ratted you out? Ruined your modding reputation? Most likely you would feel depressed, and left out. Well guess what... i have felt like that my whole life with stuff like this, now just on the internet, but in real life. So think for a moment before you post: why am I posting this? will this help the community? is this helpful? Obviously, you did not think any of these through and just went right ahead to posting...

last edited by RiskyWisky

@Mexican_420 What do you think this fourm was made for, huh? Cause ratting out people was never the cause of the creation of the Focus Fourms...

If you rob a bank and donate it to charity, you still go to jail...

@mexican_420 said in this is how you get yourself blacklisted by the modding community...:

If you rob a bank and donate it to charity, you still go to jail...

Look at these smart ass answers..

You could have made your friends contributors to your stolen work, and this would have never came up. No one did this to you, you did it to yourself. This would never happened to @Mexican_420 cause he would never bother too do this for no one, cause it's not his.

Here's the deal:

I am sorry, sorry that I uploaded Blackwater's map without permission, and stealing mods.

Just don't blow up so much, that you will publicly tell everyone.

Wow, someone else want to join the witch hunt?

He named the author and did not publish the mod- I know stealing mods is an increasing problem but under this condition it seems to me that all this resentment is a bit overdone.

Maybe I didn't get it but what did the original author say to all this? I think he/she is is only one who should judge like this.

@dereggen said in this is how you get yourself blacklisted by the modding community...:

He named the author and did not publish the mod-

He uploaded the map to Work Shop. Cant be more "published" then that.

People should be glad most of the modders who had their work stolen, re-published on Work Shop isn't contacting Valve about it.

This could have been handled so much better, by asking for permission.

Well friends only is not the same as publishing but asking for permission should be a matter of course, that's right.
It's not ok to reuse/ reupload mods but I just don't think all this here is propositional.

@dereggen Enjoy all the maps that are out on workshop, cause they won't be there much longer. Get it?.. Again, he could have made his two friends contributors to the map and not release.(and he knows this) But he wanted to have his bragging rights and released it to over 100 people, (his amount of friends) and it backfired on him. Lots of growing up to do. Hope he learns from this.

last edited by A Former User

__i'm almost glad that i can't get my maps ever work properly, i use whatever assets show up in the model's folder, and i have no idea who made them. so i don't even consider publishing.
__This appears to be quite different, to put your name in brackets before the map name. Like a lot of the guys/girls have said this is intentional misrepresentation. (BTW are there any girl MudRunners?)
__you've apologized, and said it won't happen again. and you've removed the map? Right?
__So just lay low for bit and ease yourself back into the publishing phase of modding. and enjoy the game.
__to everyone else: if your able to, why not give Risky a chance to rebuild his credit in the community?.
__ just my 2 cents.. Rufus

@dereggen said in this is how you get yourself blacklisted by the modding community...:

Well friends only is not the same as publishing but asking for permission should be a matter of course, that's right.
It's not ok to reuse/ reupload mods but I just don't think all this here is propositional.

As long it is Not private it is published

@fearwheels said in this is how you get yourself blacklisted by the modding community...:

@dereggen Enjoy all the maps that are out on workshop, cause they won't be there much longer. Get it? [...]

So my maps will be the only maps still available on steam? Nice! -sarcasm off-

I really don't care if there are some weaklings who can't stand the reality- if you post or publish something on the internet, there will be thieves, haters, trolls and plain idiots. Either you have to deal with it and keep going on for the fun of it and for those, who appreciate the work, or you have to leave it and let the trolls win.

Deleting mods rewards the few idiots and penalizes the majority of fair gamers who can not change a f##k as it is not in their hands if some as##ole rips a mod or not.

last edited by DerEggen

What has happened to spin tires at all? Remember the good days... when no one fought on the forums like this... and everything was peaceful ?

@riskywisky

• What has happened to Spintires* at all? Remember the good days... when no one fought on the forums like this... and everything was peaceful

and you say you have 2 1/2 years mod making?? where have you been those years? under a rock lol i have maybe 3 or more years on the ST forums and know everything from the Spintires Comunity and MudRunner is going the same way... but faster
hey this drama has been going since I joined on the old forum Oovee.uk since BT got CCS kicked for stealing his axles and Tattoo made even more stuff for free and got robbed by russians claming as their stuff (like you did) and left to come back like 3 years later, the arrial drama about the game engine and how he made far more progress that PZ itself with just the xml (wich took me a while to figure how he did and was quite a workaround to the old game engine) and what about LR&R making those awesome mods that were the best out there but 2 were call of duty models and the oovee.uk had a rule of no model pirates (wich should have got BT perma-ban for the pete and Kraz, but got away with it, and other guys too including bregel for the Samuray,greasemonkey for the Yota truggy but thats another story)

kid this is forum has even less moderation than Oovee so you see all the useless post (people asking things that are already solved) all the fights go on and on and on instead of being locked or moved into "PM" wich in oovee where not private Moderatos could look at your pms if they felt like it

last edited by Forces

@joridiculous said in this is how you get yourself blacklisted by the modding community...:

As long it is Not private it is published

will have to agree here. it really should have been set to contributors instead of friends. setting as contributors you can share with only those couple of people you want to share things with instead of everyone on a persons friends list. still though i do not see anything really "wrong here" but better choices could have been made, as well i feel a few people are getting carried away a bit in this thread.