New modder, wondering about using the stock Crane as a standalone attachment

I'm making my first attempt at modding by making the stock crane a standalone part so that a trailer hitch can be used instead of the carts that come with the crane equipped. I've seen several workshop mods that seem to implement the stock crane, but I can't find the game's model for it and don't know how to proceed with making such a mod. I've got no real idea what I'm doing but I'm trying to feel my way through it, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

@laxgrie said in New modder, wondering about using the stock Crane as a standalone attachment:

I'm making my first attempt at modding by making the stock crane a standalone part so that a trailer hitch can be used instead of the carts that come with the crane equipped. I've seen several workshop mods that seem to implement the stock crane, but I can't find the game's model for it and don't know how to proceed with making such a mod. I've got no real idea what I'm doing but I'm trying to feel my way through it, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Where have you looked? Look in everything, and i mean everything. Look at TextureCache, MeshCache, Media, etc etc..

Also, you can link stock stuff to your files without adding it to your mod file.

@forces, Yeah, but that was for ST, forces. Not MR. I don't even know where it's at. Someone used it in MR. You just have to check mods on the workshop.

Edit: Look for the Huntsman. He used it on that. I actually fixed the code on it for him. There's a couple others but not sure what they're called.

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo i know it was for Lr&r Kamaz Hurricane self loader

@forces, Actually, I just made it and LR&R used it. I think he was the only one that wanted it.