Feature Suggestions, opinions

i hesitated to post this thread since there seems to be enough suggestion and request threads, but still feel the need to post. i would like to see this thread stay geared more towards simple ideas and suggestions that can be done now. i would also like to see other opinions about these "simple" things. to start i will stick to this "simple" idea and start with just 3 suggestions/requests.

1. first and for most 64bit memory, seriously this needs to be done. keeping with the 32bit as it is now is only going to hold things back in the future.

2. the option to remove HUD/compass/shifter while playing. we have the hud show us that the diff and all wheel are locked, but yet it also shows us this on the trucks when you switch them. if it shows you on the vehicle then why do we need it to show us on the HUD also? so what about the advanced menu and shifter? ok, it stays hidden until you either hit the advanced key/button or clicking on the right stick to activate them, which then would turn them on so you could see and use them. basicly these things are doubled up, when one and or the other will work as well imo.

3. steering with engine off and or rolled vehicle. ok, if a vehicle has hydraulic steering then i get the idea if rolled or engine off you can not steer. ok so why then if the vehicle is off but upright you can still steer? also i have seen times when a player was rolled on their side, but the engine was still running, but they could not steer. this seriously needs looks at and fixed if not changed or removed imo.

opinions and or suggestions/requests? like i asked, please keep things simple and realistic if you will. this is not about making a new or revamped game, but to adjust/tweak the game as it sits now. hopefully in the end to make a better experience and game play for all.

Hello!

As with all our suggestions we receive, I've passed these along to the dev team. I can't guarantee that they will be done, but know that I do represent what the community wants in a weekly update email I send to the teams 🙂

last edited by Iyagovos

as a novice, i would think that the 64bit issue if by far the leader in relevance. I don't know if this is connected to the use of RAM, increasing the cap to 4gb seems to be a need as well. i don't feel that having to use a 3rd party patch to get a more reliable use of the editor is the best idea. just my 2 cents. Good topic 8up.. Rufus

@iyagovos thank you. you do a good job as a CM. it is nice to know things are passed on and is the most anyone could ask for now. i do hope someday there will be more dev/community communications directly, so it would be more working together than just listening to eachother. i can only hope someday maybe. although the community needs to get their act together a bit more though before that could all happen, but we shall see i suppose.

@8up-local Thank you for saying that, I really appreciate it 🙂

Can we have a free camera option? For cinematic?

I'll relay the request on to the dev team 🙂

I mentioned this in another thread, but I'd like to see the tire traction tweaked a bit so tires don't spin on take off on pavement or dry dirt. These are not muscle or sports cars we're talking about but old Soviet trucks! And maybe slightly tone down the traction in mud, so the player has to pay more attention to feathering the throttle (to prevent wheel slip).

Another idea: properly scaled HUD for the cockpit view? In some trucks the HUD is too big and it's difficult to overlook the fact that it's just a HUD and not a real dashboard. It should not creep into the windshield. Built-in gauges would be even nicer of course, but that would be a larger change.

@iyagovos could you maybe find out if it would be possible to have different mud settings? say something like easy, medium and hard mud frictions or the like to choose from before starting a map? if the dev team can then we could continue the conversation, but if not all good. lol

Personally I prefer realistic, not easy / medium / hard.

I noticed the challenges are all played in "casual" mode. I'd prefer to play them in "hardcore", just like I play the main missions.

Also, it would be nice to add the scavenger mode to all maps!

@unster i would agree there should only be one mud type really, but for those people who can not handle or could not handle the "hard" mud. give them an option. lol

I suppose the casual mode could have "easier" mud. It could be useful for keyboard players (where you can't feather the gas pedal). I like hard, but it should be realistic. I don't like unrealistically hard.

@unster oh, but KB users can. i play on KB and prefer it for this game. note the force accel in my sig below. it was in the game (spintires) from release. it was put there for KB users to have throttle control and is the way i drive 99% of the time. now for mudrunner it is called "cruise control" which i hate the term and is another story. only thing KB users do not have is anolog steering like with a stick or wheel.

last edited by A Former User

@joridiculous said in Feature Suggestions, opinions:

I can drag out a RealLifeExample using my Tractor. It has no physical connections between wheels and steering wheel. It's 100% hydraulic, and you can still turn the wheels (very slowly) with engine off.
That is one of the benefits with hydraulics. It doesn't lose pressure when pump is not running.

Are all hydraulic steering systems made similar? It's cool that you have a real world facts & I for one appreciate you sharing that info. 🕶

Another suggestion: for more visual clarity, hide the log spawn menu at log kiosks unless the mouse cursor is hovered close to it. I find it distracting if not obstructing when trying to pick up the logs from the log stand.

A good point there unster.

@unster THIS!!! YESSSSS SO ANNOYING totally agree☝ ☝