Hi all. I got my hands on the PS4 version yesterday and so far I am very pleased with the game. I also read on the forum that a patch for fixing some minor PS4 performance issues is on the way, which is great.
Once the necessary fine-tunning and patching will be over, I still think there are many areas where the game could be greatly enhanced with some detail-tunings and polishing. Here are some :
- Some sounds are of very low-quality, imho. I'm thinking of the sound of a broke door or of the firing sound of the plasma cannon. They feel cheap and not representative of the their cause (the plasma cannon sounds like a pew pew pistol...). Many sounds in the game could be changed, thus improving the atmosphere of the game (on the plus side, Genestealers' screams are terrifying).
- It should be possible to cancel a Psygate during its launch.
- Health bars of both yourself and your allies could be more intuitive. Instead of a half-circle, why not a vertical bar? That way, it would be more easy to gauge your health.
- A bit more lore details could be great. For example, when you enter into a ship, it could be great to have 4-6 lines of that ship history, his mission or his destination and the date of his disappearance. When I enter the Hand's of Cadia, I want to know here that ship was headed! Similarly, Minor Relics could have at least a name, and maybe 1-2 lines of description.
- On console and on a TV, some fonts are ridiculously small.
- I find the Order Menu confusing, especially when I have to toggle between the two other squad members. Is there any way to improve it? I don't know how it plays on PC, but there are definitively rooms for improvement for the console.
There you go! Good work for the devs on this game.