Unloaded log exploit

@minikeum
Actually you can. Click "unload" in the Advance menu and you get your 2-4 logs back. these are lighter than complete load.
But this is another way how to "cheat the game", yes.
Point of "how many logs should be in there" was already discussed several times and I have nothing new to bring in: The game is driving through the mud simlator, not loading simulator. And honestly, neither I want to spend half of evening just by craning in 48 logs, because that should be more real. I like tougher conditions in HC mode, but manual loading is one I will turn off happily, if possible.
One big load is quite probably for simplification of physic. Your computer will probably be set in fire, if you force him to calculate reaction of each log to each other logs, and the carriage and all of that for each bump on the road 🙂

@Unster
I agree. But on the other hand, I rather see Dev team working on improving gameplay, adding new possibilities and such, than fighting (endless) war against cheaters. This game is (so far) pretty much opened, look at level of MODding. There are even people playing with DevTool enabled all the time! So again: enjoy your game in the way that suits you. Delivering "legitimately" is some sort of personal achievement that you can be proud of on your own...
But that could be just me as well 🙂

@unster I think you just need to keep your opinion on this subject to yourself, because you keep calling it cheating, but really its pissing you off how others play, which is just dumb, others are finding more ways to have fun, youre just a "by the book" kind of guy. Which is fine, but stop bashing the guys that like to think outside the box.

@1967deuce
Huh? Where did I bash anyone?

@unster said in Unloaded log exploit:

@joemunz

I see. That's yet another way to exploit the log system. All this would go away if driving unpacked wasn't allowed outside the boundaries of a log kiosk.

right here you keep saying players are "exploiting the log system"

no one is exploiting anything, youre just twisting it into "they are cheating"

@1967deuce
You need to chill. I was just using the title of the thread. I wasn't bashing anyone. It is my and others' opinion that this is an exploit, or loophole in the game, and I'm entitled to an opinion. I never meant it as a personal bash against anyone. And no, it doesn't piss me off. Again, just chill man.

@unster ok thats fine then, I apologize. I took it the wrong way then. Sorry unster.

@1967deuce
Thank you. Yes you took it the wrong way.

BTW, I also want to add that I agree with Sodoma, that it's not a high priority issue and I'd rather have the devs focusing on other ways of improving the game play, but maybe in their spare time rethink this log transporting. I think of the drop load option kind of like recalling a vehicle. It's a simplification of reality or time skipping feature. Not really my kind of thing, but it's understandable from a game perspective.

last edited by Unster

@deadwanderer breakable logs is not the answer imo. if they are able to break, then what will those people do that build bridges and stuff out of "loose" logs?

like i say, one little question can open so many more. lol

@Sodoma for a few i can see using it as a cheat, but really i figure most people are seeing it as they are beating the system. as in they are delivering multiple loads with only one trip. which brings up the phrase "work smarter not harder" lol. i figure most player do play the game the way intended, but there will always be a few. lol personally i like doing things the hard way. beside the bragging rights, there is just something about overcoming a challenge. everyone has their way of playing though so we also need to keep that in mind. now for this game the word "cheat" is very loose really. since it is not a competitive type game, but Co-op. which to me if someone wants to "cheat" at co-op then they are really only cheating themselves imo.

@8up-local 1) they're breakable within "packing boxes";
2) add "building bridge" mechanic - just like loading logs, but over gap and "packing" will build a bridge

@deadwanderer ok, my mistake. i must have misunderstood or missed that.

i dont see anything wrong with it, i mean i see ppl and i do it to, get the new truck wit the crane on it and drag two long logs, to the road.

i mean IRL thats what they do. thats what a skid steer is for.

@brainy
I have experience that log's just disappear on both modified and unmodified vehicles. So I don't know if there is a problem with the game itself or it's only problem with the mod's.

People need to learn that not everyone wants to do stuff the hard way. It kills their interest when the fun ways patched and your left with a boring monotonous way.

My opinion has actually evolved on this. First of all, an unpacked load doesn't have zero weight. It has some but less than a packed load. But lately I have been transporting unpacked loads for some distance not for the reduced weight but to reduce the # of trips to the log kiosk, meaning if it makes sense on a particular map I transport multiple unpacked loads on one truck, then as I get closer to the destination I unload some logs at a makeshift distribution point from which I deliver the packed loads. Just makes things more efficient.