Ridge Log Count

Excitedly sat down to the Ridge yesterday. Started with a view to make it last, hardcore, one star. Restarted six times so far, first two times I may have missed the point that k700 can load (new d wotsit never turns up on map), but every time so far that I have uncovered the full map, the logs available across the map do not add up to the necessary required. Eg last time only three scavenge areas, two with 2xlong logs, one with 3xmedium. Didnโ€™t bother to struggle further as by my reckoning I canโ€™t close two lumber mills on that. Itโ€™s only one and a half loads. What gives? My mistake? Is it random to the point the log number may not be enough to complete the level? I hope not every time?

@zoglet
Number of logs is not final. New ones will appear when you picked up current ones. Some. Somewhere... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Aaaaaaargh no! I literally just restarted all over again. Cock! Lol.

Thanks for letting me know though.

Gonna be a long night. ๐Ÿ˜œ

PS. Loving the tractor by the way. Very cute and surprisingly usable if you know its secrets ๐Ÿ˜‰

last edited by zoglet

@zoglet You have to be kidding: Another vehicle with secret feature? ๐Ÿ˜‚

@sodoma yes mate. Youโ€™ve got to pull the choke out halfway and jam a cigarette packet in there to hold it in place until sheโ€™s warmed up ๐Ÿ˜‹

@sodoma Actually, it may have an unlisted "feature" of sorts. I had the B-6A spawn on Bog last night. First DLC vehicle I've seen show up outside it's "home" map.

@sodoma said in Ridge Log Count:

@zoglet
Number of logs is not final. New ones will appear when you picked up current ones. Some. Somewhere... ๐Ÿ˜‰

good to hear. back in the day before scavenging was removed from ST, logs did not spawn/respawn if i remember correctly.

very nice to see scavenging back in the game for sure, just one of those litle things that adds a bit more to the game that had been missing. pass on our thanks for bringing this back.

I've had fun just exploring what the Ridge map itself has to offer. I've completed on default hardcore, but not tried to One-star it yet. I began with a 6317 and the Blue lifted UAZ. The D538 spawned near the K700 on the way to the second garage..

The driving gets quite techincal when you're trying to get up to and traverse along some of the ridges! This is a GOOD THING IMHO! ๐Ÿ•ถ

Actually "scavenge" sites were in editor long before this update - some WS maps has both black('scavenge") and white("spawn") kiosks prior "Ridge" update. It was matter of time to implement that.
off-topic:
Speaking of exploring map. Recent update tweaked wheels and gearboxes. Guess what? ZAZ-968m now can actually get over 4th gear and even keep 30 km/h uphill on asphalt road there. And if avoid laying branches, it fun to drive on those ridges. Too bad, they removed loader from 65115.

last edited by DeadWanderer

@deadwanderer I second that, i miss the loader on the 65115

@difflock66 yes very good map indeed. I was able to one star the map on hardcore using a b130 and a c-256. TONS OF FUN