Automatic doesn't downshift properly (PC).

I noticed it on the Ridge with one of the highway trucks (C-65 something) that has 9 gears but I think it happens with all trucks. When the automatic downshifts, it always downshifts all the way to 1. This doesn't seem right. It should shift -1.

last edited by Unster

Hi there,

Thanks for raising this, I'll bring it up to the team. Does it only happen on The Ridge, or have you noticed it on other maps?

From what I've noticed it happens on any map and any truck, but it's much more obvious with the highway trucks on paved roads where you can go faster.

I suspect this got broken with the last update. Yesterday I replayed the first challenge where I had the same problem (truck down-shifting all the way to 1 when slowing down). I didn't notice that problem the first time I played this challenge, long before the Ridge update. It also happens on the Proving Grounds.

Hey there,

I'm investigating this further today - you say it happens with all vehicles, does it happen in all drive modes?

I believe so. Are you not able to reproduce it? It should be easy. It happens all the time when slowing down.

Hi,

Sorry, I've not had time to actually look at it myself, was collecting data to pass on to the team more - I'm doing it today 🙂

@iyagovos
Any updates on this? I wish the devs would fix this quick, as it's quite annoying when driving on paved roads. Otherwise I really like this game.