Deluge Truck Selection Glitch

A friend of mine came across a problem which after a bit of troubleshooting seems to show a glitch in the truck setup for Deluge.

Hardcore mode needs 8 garage points to unlock the garage.

If you start with the default trucks, you are fine, trucks come preset with garage tents and you have two garage trailers. Same goes if instead of default you select c-65111 or c432010 trucks. They start with garage tents on the back and two garage trailers.

However if you pick c375 or c256 for example, they will appear as bare bones, even though they can both carry garage loads on other maps. This means that whatever you do, you can't complete because you have under 8 garage points to start.

Or am I missing something?

Hey,

I'm not sure I fully understand the issue - those two vehicles spawn without the attachments they should do?

@zamal @Iyagovos
Maybe I am missing something, but in general:
8 garage points you need in MP regularly (AFAIK)
Spawning another vehicle than original usually results in loosing attachements, you'll get just ordered vehicle, you can't order addons. Unless chosen vehicle has ability to carry VERY SAME addon (therefore "usually").
However, on deluge you have on starting point two garage trailers PER PLAYER, so it should be at least theoretically possible as long as we presume that MP...
If something went wrong and you have to deliver 8pts in SP, then yes, its a bug of some sort 🙂
Ask your friend for a this detail 😉 (and let us know)

@sodoma @Iyagovos

If you start deluge map as hardcore multiplayer game with default trucks, you get two c4310 with garage parts and two garage trailer = 8 points so you can unlock garage without other player joining or doing anything.

If you start with default trucks and some other like c65111 or c432010, a single player can still complete the map in multiplayer because truck spawn with garage parts loaded. If they select for example c255 or c375, they spawn without garage parts, so you haven’t enough points to unlock alone. On a normal map, they can definitely be configured to carry.

If you know this you can avoid, but it’s not obvious and can result in a player being locked from completion if another player does not join, or crashes out, or does not decide to work towards unlocking the garage, but roam around instead.

[edit] by the way, yes, if they start single player, the garage needs only 4gp. The issue exists in MP only. I know you can argue that it’s multiplayer but nonetheless, you can’t rely on other players behaviour and the starting configuration does not seem consistent across all trucks.

I actually now see this issue exists also on Valley. So basically on other maps you don’t notice the issue because you have a garage as a starting point so you can always re-configure the trucks as you need to. On valley and Deluge, you don’t start at a garage, so you are relying on the starting configuration. Default truck selection will always give you enough GP, even in MP, so again, you don’t notice the issue. only if you decide to switch trucks. As it’s not a problem on other maps, I can understand how my friend got caught out.

So yes, I’ll concede it’s not a defect per se, but more of a glitch in consistency that can trip you up if you aren't aware of it.

last edited by zoglet

Aha, I understand. Thank you for this, I'll pass it on.

A work around is to attach the first trailer to the towing eye on the truck. Then winch the second garage trailer behind that.. I've done with with the 7429 😁

erm... perhaps I cannot count.. 😖

last edited by DIFFLOCK66