Missing or sneakily hidden relic?

Is anyone else on the PS4 finding that 1 of the relics on chapter 4 doesn’t seem to exist where it is supposed to be? I can hear it in the room but it’s definitely not visible and I can’t find a breakable wall or switch to reveal it. 0_1527851365904_25ACEA34-6081-43C2-80E8-15E30C2D25BB.jpeg

last edited by steakboy1

Another player reported something similar on another relic that also was on a table, perhaps there's a pattern here. Thank you for reporting.
If you're unsure about the exact location of a relic, there's video tutorials out there that might be helpful, such as this one.

last edited by StreumOn - F8

@streumon-f8 thanks, that’s the table relic that is missing. It’s the 3rd relic in the order that the video link you provided obtains them. 100% not on the table. So if I progress without collecting the elusive relic, I will never be able to get it in the campaign, correct?

Actually I asked a dev and he told me relics spawn randomly between a few possible locations on each map, so I'm doubtful about the accuracy of online guides claiming there's a fixed location for each relic. The fact that you hear the whispers is what bothers me. If the relic isn't anywhere near your location, you shouldn't hear them.
Once you complete the campaign, you can start over and still have the major relics you found. The remaining ones can spawn randomly on any map, even if they weren't on said map during your first playthrough. So even if you finish the campaign, you won't lose the relics you found.

@streumon-f8 awesome, thanks again. (Btw-Prince Adam avatar?)

@streumon-f8 me thinks you are of similar vintage to myself, from the decade when his hair style was the rage lmao.........
Old like dirt!

last edited by steakboy1

@streumon-f8 still hearing the whispers in the originally marked location which is strange, and another weird thing is that it is quite close to another relic position and that while searching the area for destructible walls, that striking certain walls gave a unique sound effect like the psychic fire tornado power rushing down a corridor, that doesn’t happen striking a surface adjacent to it! Strange.

@steakboy1 The xenos war’s getting to u brother. Best speak to the Chaplain 🤒

@kommodore77 I am a Chaplain! Lemartes - Guardian of the Lost. It’s my role to steer the frothing psychopaths of the Death Company into glorious close combat and inevitable oblivion to save them from an eternity of madness and visions of our primarch’s final moments while saving the God Emperor from the cursed Horus. These echoes of Honour and Duty will forever taint our proud and illustrious, much honoured chapter. Now the voices I speak are from my iPhone on loud speaker so never you worry about my enduring sanity.💀

@steakboy1
The... the walls make Fire Vortex sounds when hit?
This has to be the weirdest bug reported to this day.
Where did it happen? Around the missing relic on chapter 4?

@streumon-f8 absolutely there. I’ll do my best to provide a map with the walls I chonged and got the sounds. NB I’m using a high end 7.2 surround with Dolby HD D.C.S so everything is crystal clear and I’m not currently taking any psychoactive substances so other than the standard tinnitus from past career and private life, my hearing is still crisp for an old boy.

@streumon-f8 0_1528120201203_D0B5BA6F-A083-4660-B8C9-C473C15B67FE.jpeg please excuse the freehand additions as my Apple Pencil isn’t with me and a pointer finger is a poor substitute for fine details on the iPad

@streumon-f8 said in Missing or sneakily hidden relic?:

Actually I asked a dev and he told me relics spawn randomly between a few possible locations on each map, so I'm doubtful about the accuracy of online guides claiming there's a fixed location for each relic.

I've got a "missing Relic" for Chapter 9, which guides say is the in the exact same location as Steakboy1 indicated in the first post (Chapter 4 and 9 sharing the same map). While collecting the other four fine.

After reading this thread, I've gone around the map poking every corner, and I cannot see/hear any alternate spawns for the last "missing" one.

Are you and the developer absolutely sure relics can spawn elsewhere apart from the 5 spots indicated?

If you want to specifically list these alternate spawns i'm happy to check them, as I am highly dubious, as the other part of your statement: that relics aren't lost if you start a new campaign also does not seem to be correct (I've made a separate bug report on this, it's awaiting approval).
Although it is possible I didn't search thoroughly enough.

@stinja what I have found is that although I missed it on the campaign, I did a special mission and picked it up as it was there and when I went back into the campaign, it is in the Reliquary. At least I don’t need to go back and restart the game for a sword scabbard lol.

There was a bit of a misunderstanding on our part, which resulted in me providing false information.
What I described was how it originally worked, but it later got changed during the development.
Really sorry about that guys, this one's on me.

• The relics reset when starting a new campaign. That's the normal behaviour.
  • The major relics you find in Special Missions do not appear in the list of relics of the campaign.
  • If you still have a save from your previous campaingn in one of the save slots, loading it will refill the list of found relics to its pre-reset state.
  • They have fixed spawn points in the solo campaign and random spawn points in multiplayer, despite what I previously stated, which means online guides are accurate for the campaign.
  • To our knowledge, the "missing relic bug" only affects a few minor relics, which means it won't prevent you from completing your campaign set. That's the good news.

Also @steakboy1 about the Fire Vortex sound, did it happen when you struck a Purity Seal, by any chance? On our side it seems to be what generates that noise on impact.

@steakboy1 said in Missing or sneakily hidden relic?:

@stinja what I have found is that although I missed it on the campaign, I did a special mission and picked it up as it was there and when I went back into the campaign, it is in the Reliquary. At least I don’t need to go back and restart the game for a sword scabbard lol.

As far as I know, this is not how it should behave...

@streumon-f8 this is becoming more interesting and bizarre by the day. There might actually be a connection with the sound and the fact that purity seals were present on or very near the surfaces I struck, I will have to go back in and confirm. On the topic of the relics, I’m 100% sure that the major relic beng the sword scabbard which is definitely the relic found on the table in the room there, was the one I had been unable to find in the campaign play thru, but was heard while searching, but I can confirm that I played a special mission with the express intent of solving said mystery and instantly found the scabbard. Upon completion of the special mission, I continued my campaign, and then as is now, I absolutely have the scabbard in my reliquary, it is full with no missing relics up to the current mission. I will provide a screenshot to confirm this.

last edited by steakboy1

Interesting steakboy1. So was this on Special Mission 4, so the same map you were missing a relic, or a different one?

Just there is no SM9, so if it needs to be the "same chapter" I can't try that method, even though it shares chapter4 / SM4.

@stinja on map 4 mate, did it straight after the FUBAR of running around the map looking for alternative locations of said relic and dodging toothy clawed autograph hunters with no success. Was super surprised when it was both there and also in my reliquary after the special mission too. I’m not sure what the relic is for mission 9 as I’m still unable to get enough time to get there yet, but the major relic on the table in 4 is definitely the sword scabbard.

last edited by steakboy1