Ideas to improve the game experience

There would be great to haul something else than logs...rocks from quarry would be interesting.

If track vehicles will arrive you could add missions to clear blocked roads with bulldozer( Bat-M, DT-75...)

Then log skidding from deep forest onto a loading site with logging tractor....

And so on and so on....

This game could be expanded greatly, please dont give up on it again!

@CoSm1c-gAm3r JSGME is something, that can help you in this case a LOT.
With that, you can put all mods you want into one folder, each mod in its own as well, and then turn on or off every single mod separately. Works for maps, works for trucks - I've tested it myself...

@Sodoma said in Ideas to improve the game experience:

@CoSm1c-gAm3r JSGME is something, that can help you in this case a LOT.
With that, you can put all mods you want into one folder, each mod in its own as well, and then turn on or off every single mod separately. Works for maps, works for trucks - I've tested it myself...

Agree! ๐Ÿ™‚
JSGME is the most important tool for SpinTires ๐Ÿ˜‰

But for MudRunner, im optimistic, that this will change.
If workshop is supporting maps, they HAVE TO BE completely separate, otherwise it won't work at all. Let's hope the best ๐Ÿ™‚

Even just a scroll bar for the ones that don't have custom objects would be welcome, instead of having to add and remove maps.

@kourtjestr said in Ideas to improve the game experience:

Even just a scroll bar for the ones that don't have custom objects would be welcome, instead of having to add and remove maps.

You could use ST+ that adds a scroll bar (if option is enabled)

Yeah, I never used ST+. In fact, I only just installed JSGME today. Yup, a month before Mudrunner, I finally made the jump. ๐Ÿ˜‰

@kourtjestr said in Ideas to improve the game experience:

Yeah, I never used ST+. In fact, I only just installed JSGME today. Yup, a month before Mudrunner, I finally made the jump. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Better late than never lol

Honestly, a lot of it was because my friends I routinely played with couldn't be bothered to do either. Now they won't play Spintires (though they're stoked about Mudrunner!), and waiting has me playing again, so I figured now's the time.

It would be nice, if fullfilled objectives will raise some "flag".
Some of MOD maps have more objectives very close to each other, therefore delivering cargo into already fullfilled objective is very easy to happen.
Maybe fullfilled objective may somehow "shut-down" itself?

Hello,

What about this one? Not only you has to load logs in hard core mode, but you has to unload it on finish too? That will be awesome and pointless.

Or, what about this one? Weather:
Raining/Storm/Wind = more mud = more fun = more difficulty.
Snow/Low temperature = frozen lakes or rivers = deep snow = slippy = more difficulty = more frustration and struggling = more fun.
Ultra hardcore mode with only topografic map and no hud.

Thank you!

last edited by Lorindes

Awesome AND pointless? ๐Ÿคฃ

@Sodoma

Haha,

It could add some variety into game. For example, my truck has to still run while unloading. What if i run out of fuel just few seconds before the end. Well, i have to get back to other machine and refuel it. Pointless, but depends on players angle of view.

Sure you have to plan your road differently. Not just rush 1+ full gass to point.

Sorry for my bad explanation. Probably you get my point. Thanks!

Of course, point taken, I just can't imagine how something can be awesomingly pointless, that's all...
Other thing is, that truck has to consume fuel when unloading. If I remember that correctly, in time of ST there wasn't any fuel consumption, when parking or operating crane...

Yeah, the original had zero fuel consumption at idle. So you could just let it idle down hills to save gas.

Well, you actually can't save much by that way, not enough downhilling in game.
But puting in game some basic fuel consumption even when idling could be nice...

Hey, when you play for a long enough session, every little bit helps.

Besides, it's not like the fuel consumption has any basis in reality whatsoever. Since the Zil 130 can get up to 40L per minute, which is 600 gallons per hour.

What's wrong with that? Big petrol engine can be very thirsty under load. Check out dash board computer in modern car, when setting-off, those numbers are unbelivable...
But by base consumption I meant something, that will be depleted by each minute anyway, plus consuption for performance. As idling consuption...

@Michal-Beฤรกr said in Ideas to improve the game experience:

Hello,

What about this one? Not only you has to load logs in hard core mode, but you has to unload it on finish too? That will be awesome and pointless.

Why you say it would be pointless? I would love to have to unload. I mentioned somehow it in this thread showing how logs are managed in Farming Simulator where player can load and to sell logs must unload.
But not 3 logs like in Spintires but load full trailer and unload also each log.

This game is about logs right?!?!?! So why it is simplified and game like Farming Simulator covers so many things and have eay more advanced log loading/unloading mechanics. I ma curious.

@Sodoma said in Ideas to improve the game experience:

Well, you actually can't save much by that way, not enough downhilling in game.
But puting in game some basic fuel consumption even when idling could be nice...

Actually you can save lots of fuel that way and by using winch even if it is not needed!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Played on Hardcore and did that often to save fuel ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

When I discovered that fuel is not used when standing still and worse than that when reving high did not use fuel at all I was disappointed with Spintires.

last edited by CoSm1c gAm3r

Technically, you didn't have to actually unload in Farm Sim. You could just use the crane to punch the hanging end of the logs down to make them touch the ground and the load would magically disappear. It worked very well, but felt sort of silly.