Ideas to improve the game experience

I mean, like... yes, adding extra fuel consume when idle and bit more when using crane is fantastic idea. And unloading, could be amazing feature in hardcore mode, but for now we don't need this stuff... Maybe, but i like it, haha.

☠
🚙
🌋

Hello, about the map size limitation:

I thought, if the developers "split" a big map in 2 or more standards maps.
Again, I talking about single player mode.

For exemple, to you reach the second part of the map (actually the second map) you need to complete the first map.
You will have a big map split in 2 or more maps and to finish the big map goal, you need to done the job of previous map. Can be included for exemple the mission the build a bridge the "conect" the maps.

Just like the solution on old 8 / 16 bits games where the player have a big world split in maps, probably one way the solve memory limitation issue.

I've attempted this idea before with my custom maps. But ... By the time you spend on one map, you really don't want another just like it. New ideas keep things fresh

@Pcars said in Ideas to improve the game experience:

Hello, about the map size limitation:

I thought, if the developers "split" a big map in 2 or more standards maps.
Again, I talking about single player mode.

For exemple, to you reach the second part of the map (actually the second map) you need to complete the first map.
You will have a big map split in 2 or more maps and to finish the big map goal, you need to done the job of previous map. Can be included for exemple the mission the build a bridge the "conect" the maps.

Just like the solution on old 8 / 16 bits games where the player have a big world split in maps, probably one way the solve memory limitation issue.

I've had that idea for quite some time now!
It's one of ideas for patch/DLC.

Water damage system.

What was weird in Spintires is the water damaging engine. I wonder if it was simplified like for example engine was as some volume under the hood and submerging it more than 70% adds damage and more submerging adds more until 90-100% is covered and game randomly try to disable the engine. Different for each vehicle.
Why I am mentioning this is because I wonder if there is something like snorkel in game taken into account. Engines need airright? So if water covers air intake it damages engine and is disabling/destroying it. For example, C-4320 have snorkel but it is not taken into account in Spintires. Also, engine of 469 can be submerged and it sill works.
I put it underwater and water was at level of the bottom of car windows and only submerging it slightly more started to add damage but not stalling it. So I don't understand weird engine mechanics in Spintires and I hope in Mudrunner it will be changed to be more believable. And engine and exhaust sound should be muffled or something when they are underwater. In Spintires it was not changed while underwater.
Maybe for some trucks snorkel would be added by attachment but not easily obtainable. Here would be good to have some mission to get better attachments or if there would be economy system then buyable in some special shop 🙂
Traversing water see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvTWHkdVPMY
Youtube Video – [09:06..]

If some part of road is very hard to pass then it would be cool if there would be game mechanics like in Farming sim where player can unload sand or sawdust and them with use of buldozer cover some part of land even shallow water 🙂

I also hope that suspension of all vehicles are better now. In spintires suspension had no limits where it should have so clipping occured.

last edited by CoSm1c gAm3r

The water damage system was not that bad. Even with a snorkel, driving through deep water causes damage to the trucks and to the driver. Without the damage system you could drive though deep water all day long, that wouldn't be very realistic too.
Maybe the system should differentiate between genaral damage and the point where the engine dies.
With Spintires Plus you had the option to change the water level, where the truck takes damage, with an addon- so you could add a snorkel to your truck and the truck handles higher water level.

@CoSm1c-gAm3r

I really like your idea of the engine and exhaust sounds. 🙂

They should change the sound underwater, that would be a nice feature !

last edited by Markus Höll

I remember the awesome underwater sound effects from DOD:S

rudimentary ai npc with own objectives. some npc random events/encounters where you can help them by pulling them out of a ditch or give them some gas, or tow them somewhere. wildlife, characters walking around, loggers, soldiers on training patrol, more characters in cities and offices.

First of all I'd like things that are already mentioned, like the ability to choose how many repair and fuel you give to a certain vehicle (either by selecting a number, or by having it take time to give fuel/repairs). I'd also like more log loading in hardcore mode, and unloading would be great too.

The suggestion I would like to add to this topic is this: currently, we can use a key to make the winch line shorter, but I would also like a key to make it longer again. Sometimes it comes in handy when towing vehicles (now you need to disconnect, drive out and reconnect if you want a longer winchline), but it also opens up completely new possibilities, like controlling your descent on a steep downhill, up to using it for very steep mountain sides and use it for 'abseiling'. You could also use a winch line getting longer as a security measure for narrow bits where you might slide off the side, or as a security measure for hooking up the back when testing how deep water is, so you can pull yourself backwards quickly if you suddenly start sliding into the deep end.

One other thing I'd like to see, is wooden bridges that will collapse under too much weight, so for example a truck with short logs might pass it, but a medium logs truck would be to heavy and would have to find another route. That could add a whole new dimension to maps and mapmaking.

Destructibility would be cool on several things btw, winchlines that snap under too much strain, or connecting you winch to a small tree will break the tree if undr too much strain etc would be nice too.

last edited by A Former User

I would like to see the winch system modified. On casual, it is fine the way it is. On hardcore, the trucks that actually have a winch on them can operate as a winch truck. The ones that don't have a winch, you only can tow them or winch them with a vehicle that actually has a winch. I do like the winch attach points on the sides though. Putting trucks back on their wheels was always a pain. In R/L, we put a strap/rope on one of the chassis rails or a rock slider and pull. The new attach points look like they will approximate this method very nicely.

@shilka said in Ideas to improve the game experience:

Destructibility would be cool on several things btw, winchlines that snap under too much strain, or connecting you winch to a small tree will break the tree if undr too much strain etc would be nice too.

Wait but that is already in game. Heavy vehicle attached by winch to small tree will make that tree fall.

I would like to see ability that steel rope would snap in some situations if to much weight is pulled. Very small possibility. There should be rope lenght if it snaps to many times then we would have to replace it. Also possibility to break winch mechanism. Then we would have to repair that winch.

I have been looking thrue most of the forum posts and im pretty sure i have this not seen requested anywhere.... it might be a great idea to add a passenger mode for multiplayer. I dont know what difficulties that might bring concerning the current synchronisation in mutiplayer, but i thought i throw it out there ....

@yo-dude What is interesting about being a passenger and doing nothing? In a game like this. I do not criticize your proposal, I just want to know. To me it's just as boring as watching youtubers playing games..

It might be useful, if you will be forced to WALK from one vehicle to another, instead of just clicking in map. A lift from your co-player might be handy because of walking is slower than it. But until that...just can't see any sensein it...

But I am afraid ideas like "add walking mode" are a bit breaking Pavel's vision of game and as such, not probably to be implemented...

@Sodoma
I really like the idea of "add walking mode". The trucks then look even bigger and i think this was also Pavels idea of the rubbish camera to let the trucks look bigger then they are.

Maybe, but look at this 🙂

@pavel said in Few words from developers!:

@dmitriy0645 Это все хорошие идеи, но для другой игры. Но будем надеяться что и до таких функций доберемся.
Q: Can we have a function to exit the vehicle, walk around and do stuff in first-person mode?
A: That is something that dictates different gameplay, that is a theme for a different game. Maybe someday...!

@knight25 said in Ideas to improve the game experience:

@yo-dude What is interesting about being a passenger and doing nothing? In a game like this. I do not criticize your proposal, I just want to know. To me it's just as boring as watching youtubers playing games..

It is for those who just like to freeroam after completing the challenges, for those chill players that want to sit back and perhaps have a smoke or snack. I have always liked passenger mode on drivinggames....with that being said i figured a completely new and different idea might change it up a bit. Most requests that i see comming back is about mods for console, a financial system or vehicle customization.

last edited by Yo Dude

Regarding the camera, I love it, but the only thing I would change about the current system is this :

Keep in mind I'm playing with a 360 controller,.

1. There is a hotkey to dock on the left side of the truck. It's D_PAD LEFT. It's basically the default camera.

2. There should be a hotkey to dock on the right side : D_PAD RIGHT. This way you can quickly check both sides without waiting for swivel dock while truck is in motion. Both sides of the vehicle are important.

3. At the moment, D_PAD RIGHT is hotkey for trailer cam.

4. Trailer cam hotkey should be D_PAD DOWN. And if there is no trailer attached, D_PAD DOWN looks down at your hitch from above so you can hitch a trailer EASILY no matter what situation you find yourself in.

5. But where do you put the horn? Click left thumbstick, it's your steering wheel anyway.

I know you can configure your buttons, but there is no function to do exactly what default cam does, except on the other side of the truck.

1.Realistic Cockpit detail.
2.Euro Truck Simulator 2 Economy System.
3.Seat adjustment.
4.Mirror,wiper
5.Realistic gear.
6.TrackIR 5 Support.
7.Unlimited load and unloading.
8.Rain and Snow.
9.Big map,City,town and village.
10.Better external camera

I love this game very much.

Thanks 🙂