Ideas to improve the game experience

@pavel said in Ideas to improve the game experience:

@Pcars said in Ideas to improve the game experience:

Hello, about the map size limitation:

I thought, if the developers "split" a big map in 2 or more standards maps.
Again, I talking about single player mode.

For exemple, to you reach the second part of the map (actually the second map) you need to complete the first map.
You will have a big map split in 2 or more maps and to finish the big map goal, you need to done the job of previous map. Can be included for exemple the mission the build a bridge the "conect" the maps.

Just like the solution on old 8 / 16 bits games where the player have a big world split in maps, probably one way the solve memory limitation issue.

I've had that idea for quite some time now!
It's one of ideas for patch/DLC.

or what maybe like the way 1nsane was (early 2000's offroad racing game). basicly the map looped. when you exit out of one side of the map you would enter back on the corresponding edge. not exactly like what you fellas are talking about, but it would still feel less restricted imo.

last edited by A Former User

The biggest feature i feel is needed is a automatic host migration system to avoid frustration between friends in MP if theres that 1 person that keeps getting kicked from the game then if this was implemented then everybody wouldn't get kicked & whoever is second under the host would automatically become host of the server & then that person could invite the person that got kicked back. I really hope you guys consider adding this to make the game experience smoother & better overall.

Why not remove the fuel amount/usage from the hud and put a fuel gauge on the dashboard of the truck for hardcore mode .

I can help thinking that some other industries besides logging would expand the game.

like the oil industry, having a drilling rig somewhere to take drill-pipe:

half load of 5.5" drill pipe

or other pipes

weld-together pipe, suitable for pipelines or piling

after all, the oil industry often has small installations in the middle of nowhere in hard to get places, and the same vehicles end up with a different dynamic, as a half-load of drill pipe is heavier than a full load of logs, but has a lower CoG, so your more prone to sinking but less prone to falling over on side-slope, you then also have the option of a full load of drill pipe, which is much heavier and has a higher CoG than logs, making it much more of a MP team effort to get loads there.

It would be nice to see some story driven challenges. Every challenge would tell different story. It could look like in picture below. Mission description. For example. This could be first mission, helping your old drunken friend like in old times. But because you didn't start your truck for many years, you have to do mission with 50-70% damaged truck. And after you save him, next challenge opens up with different adventure. This gives you simple way to tell story of some old russian trucker.

https://imgur.com/a/ZtHhl

last edited by zamex23

black people, transgendered drivers, unisex bathrooms

If we could mod objects . For instance i would like a blockpost that would shut between the hours of 6pm and 6am . Would make custom maps more interesting .

@clarionhorn Cheeky bastard. We will have none of this in Mother Russia! πŸ™‚

I would like to see functioning mirrors on the vehicles please especially in driver seat view

Racing mode. Multiplayer game .

If the developers make avaliable tools, like timer, lap counter, checkpoints, to community create race circuits.

Lot of people play mutiplayer mode for fun. So its possible to run some mud races with all cars avaliable on the community.

Lying spruce that are hinged to the ground dont work . They are imovable sometimes . They need to be like logs .

@roughrider I agree but is it just me like I play on Xbox so if you play pc you can't quite relate but imagine a separate mad dedicated to mudtrucks and rock crawlers but those of course could be made in a dlc

Troop transport!! Maybe even multiplayer game mode where one has to get their truck load of men to a position before the other player gets theirs into an area. Would be cool to see soldiers in the back of some of the trucks!!

Hi,

I put this also here, ie ( sorry my English )
I and the friends are hoping for more missions.

New / More missions Lumber Mill:
more two points wood transport Log trailer OR in total delivered 0 / 10 points.
New lumber mill Transport fuel 0/10 points Fuel trailer-
New lumber mill there can be to take also container transport garage trailer or where even tools and spare parts 0/10 points

New / more missions Log Station / Logs Kiosk:
New Transport fuel 0/10 points Fuel trailer.
New there can be to take also container transport garage trailer, where even tools and spare parts 0/10 points.

New / more missions Garage:
Both garage container transport garage trailer, which includes even more accessories 0/6 points or more 0/10 points.
New transport fuel trailer the Fuel station from the both garage 0/10 points.

New missoins Fuel Station:
Contain container transportation garage trailer, where even tools and spare parts 0/10 points.

I hope you make these more missoins.
Thank You

While I do consider that both ST and MR communities may divided between "too much struggle" and "not enough challenge", in long run I prefer latter side.

Some general suggestions:

• Some thoughts about truck selection grid.
    --"Favorite mark" on right click in truck selection grid.
    After some prolonged online games in OldTires with random mods β€” these are piling up and finding specific truck/mod in list is quite bother either for me and for PC that lag to load all this stuff every time. Marked vehicles are appear in top of list sorted by star and then everything else.
    --"Filters" in "checkbox and refresh" style, checkboxes are to be saved all time. You choose filters, then button "refresh" is reload grid according to flags. Options may include - by balance points, favorites, (un)certified mods etc.

• With random truck spawn in predefined places, may there's would be a great idea to apply same mechanic to randomly spawned checkpoints?
    For now it takes 2-3 runs to find optimal route that avoids checkpoints and map is being "railed" again, so players doesn't bother to seek alternative routes.

My thoughts about increasing game's difficulty, mostly in HC.

1. With current "2-3-4-6" load points and 8 at objective, increase it up to 12 point s. Long logs are real bother to load and deliver, but the cart is being conveniently packed on truck's chasis while for same worth of short logs (carriage + cart) you need more crane/grappler work and still drag around that trailer for second run β€” that way players will consider pros and cons of both ways. Medium logs are, in all respects, "in the middle" as of loading and cargo weight.
  • while we at it - some words about carriages and loads.
    Add "lightweight" carriage and/or cart for 2 points other that for ZiL-130. For example for GAZ-66 (which is already has "tent" version of said carriage), ZiL-131 (with bonus to install add. repairs)
    and for me silly - roof 1 point trunk, but very heavy for car. Yes, for ZAZ.
    Increase logs needed for loading as was in ST '14: it needed 6 short, 4 medium and 3 long to pack respective carriage (AFAIR pre-kiosk version - logs were just laying around at certain places), but for 2 points "light" carriage - current 4 logs.
  1. Random spawned trucks have to be more often severely damaged and underfueled, to the points that you really should bring some additional resources to get it back on wheels. In current version some trucks are usable just after unlocking and "support" trucks are good to go even without need to refill it's charges. Higher grade hardware have to need more mainteance to start using it.
  • Needs to limit some random spawns, especially - 4 star vehicles are appearing too often and chances that people start usind these in 3-4 player lobby are approx. 5 in 7 games (well, I do have fun with K700 but it saves a day in co-op too often).
    Limit can be either as "shared pool divided between players". For single or two player lobby current state is "just right".
  • Increase spawn pool mainly by more underpowered vehicles. KrAZ-256 and 260, both UAZes, KamAZes, Ural-432010, ZiL-130 yet to be seen in random places (65115 is pre-defined and only spawn at "Crossing"). This can lower chances to spawn high grade hardware and if you're in crunch – even weak ZiL-130 can deliver you some supplies.
  1. Actually unloading cargo to special kiosk/carriage. but that may allow people just not pack logs at all. (some type of checkpoint at loading areas that not let out unless packed?..)
  • OR play with bigger numbers and your cargo points correlate with logs loaded? Skilled crane operator can load and pack any cargo type in 30 seconds, so I don't think loading a dozen of sticks to fill it up will be a real bother for them. In this way, carriage type or rather truck itself is a limiter for maximum load capacity.

That's it for now, but I'd like to see developers to polish current game's current features (that .STG error is critical for co-op, for example).

I read that Pavel wanted to make more destructible stuff on maps.. I have an idea πŸ™‚ Make wooden toilet huts destructible and add achievement t destroy 50 of them to get achievement. We can call it PLUMBER like in Spintires but this time it would make more sense not just to visit 6 or 8 on specific map ! πŸ˜ƒ
More challenges will make game life longer.

Oh and btw add some career mode with economy because I am starting to get bored on Hardcore mode. 2 maps left for me and as for now it way way to easy for veteran Spintires player πŸ™‚ Especially if we have truck monster like 255 from the beginning! Unlocking tier is weirdly bad thought out! For vehicles and for maps!

We need more maps that way it would take longer to play with poor vehicles untill unlocking those strong ones like 255 or 4320 ! OH and we need damn winter maps! That should be priority for dev team!

last edited by CoSm1c gAm3r

One thing I would ask for is a character animated when using log crane at the kiosk. The driver in the cab is neat and it would be fun to see an operator for the crane.

We do need:

• chained wheels on B130 (I loved using it from time to time)
  • possibility to transport wood with B66
  • long log trailers for more trucks, they're already heavy and troublesome so people shouldn't abuse them (I loved taking long haul and climb the Hill up that narrow asphalt serpentine in ST)
  • come back of syncronised beacons

and I'd love to see old c255 add ons comeback.(cabin protection, roof wheel and additional lighting - it looked so bad ass with that)

Watch towers should reveal map but not make it as explored. If we are on part where we see map but when we drive a vehicle through that area then it is marked as explored while watch towers make whole area as explored. It should not be that way.

I think the clay that sticks to the tire when it passes through the mud is very unreal, it looks like a lot of concrete with same color that sticks. I believe that something more discreet and molded to the tire would be more enjoyable.