Sell me the Game

Your marketing department, if ya have one, has a great job! Are they required to show up for work? At they very least allow Chapter Master Valrak to show the game off. I'm interested, but are married with children. My funds are limited and pulled in a lot of different directions. Convince me that I need BFGA 2 in my life. Convince me I need to be done with BFGA 1. Do you want my money? The Steam page is more of the same information that we've seen. In past Posts I've given ya examples of ways that could convince me to part with cash. Nothing. You are competing with other titles for our hard earned cash. Grovel before your masters! Just kidding, of coarse I'm going to buy the game. What do you think I am?...

last edited by Bellumvinco

@bellumvinco said in Sell me the Game:

Your marketing department, if ya have one, has a great job! Are they required to show up for work? At they very least allow Chapter Master Valrak to show the game off. I'm interested, but are married with children. My funds are limited and pulled in a lot of different directions. Convince me that I need BFGA 2 in my life. Convince me I need to be done with BFGA 1. Do you want my money? The Steam page is more of the same information that we've seen. In past Posts I've given ya examples of ways that could convince me to part with cash. Nothing. So far Inquisitor Martyr has done a better job. I'm leaning that way. You are competing with other titles for our hard earned cash. Grovel before your masters! Just kidding, of coarse I'm going to buy the game. What do you think I am?...

While we'd all love to hear more about it Bellum.

Inquisitor Martyr's full PC release is tomorrow, and as someone who bought in early with alpha and beta access and we got information maybe once every six months, twice if there was a patch with patchnotes.

BFG2's is late this year.

@kadaeux There ya go using logic again. Stop it! Guess I'll need to edit my post so people don't get side tracked from the point of the post. ☺

All joking aside, the interaction between fans and Focus Home is just about the worst I've seen from a videogame company - they're as bad as Valve in that sense. Putting a dedicated individual on keeping fans in the loop would cost very little (Compared to huge marketing blitzes), and would so just so much to keep people enthused all on its own.

@romeo said in Sell me the Game:

All joking aside, the interaction between fans and Focus Home is just about the worst I've seen from a videogame company - they're as bad as Valve in that sense. Putting a dedicated individual on keeping fans in the loop would cost very little (Compared to huge marketing blitzes), and would so just so much to keep people enthused all on its own.

You clearly never had any interaction with EA.

@imperator said in Sell me the Game:

Eh, yes and no. EA is happy to interact with their fans. The trick is learning to sift the truth from the gilded turds. And in all fairness, as much as I hate to say it, they actually have pretty decent tech support that communicates. I wanted to get my C&C 10th anniversary attached to Origin because downloading is so much easier, it wasn't working, so I sent a mail to tech support. Got them a photo of my keys and they gave me the total C&C collection to my account including a few bits the 10th anniversary didn't have. (Including C&C 4 which does not exist and was uninstalled less than 5 minutes into that sh*t stain of a product.)

EA are a company that needs to be taken down a whole shedload of pegs, but I can't usually fault their customer interaction outside of the outright lies and bullshit.

@romeo We're here and reading your posts, but when there's not a whole lot to say about the game at the moment (which is the case for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2), we don't have to communicate with you 🙂

@kadaeux said in Sell me the Game:

Eh, yes and no. EA is happy to interact with their fans. The trick is learning to sift the truth from the gilded turds. And in all fairness, as much as I hate to say it, they actually have pretty decent tech support that communicates. I wanted to get my C&C 10th anniversary attached to Origin because downloading is so much easier, it wasn't working, so I sent a mail to tech support. Got them a photo of my keys and they gave me the total C&C collection to my account including a few bits the 10th anniversary didn't have. (Including C&C 4 which does not exist and was uninstalled less than 5 minutes into that sh*t stain of a product.)

EA are a company that needs to be taken down a whole shedload of pegs, but I can't usually fault their customer interaction outside of the outright lies and bullshit.

Yeah, EA has a bunch of faults, but communication ain't one of them. I've never had a negative experience in having to deal with them.

@iyagovos said in Sell me the Game:

@romeo We're here and reading your posts, but when there's not a whole lot to say about the game at the moment (which is the case for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2), we don't have to communicate with you 🙂

Is there absolutely nothing that can be shown? Because supposedly the game releases in three months. It's weird that you can't show us a new ship design for the Dark Eldar. Or pick one of the 12 factions and give an overview about how they play. Or show off literally anything.

I'm not trying to call any one individual out, but the wound from having been strung along for a year and a half on the old game without being told a damn thing is still fresh. It's super hard not to look at the current radio silence on the second game as being precisely the same thing.

@iyagovos said in Sell me the Game:

and that is y i am afraid to preorder

Is there absolutely nothing that can be shown? Because supposedly the game releases in three months. It's weird that you can't show us a new ship design for the Dark Eldar. Or pick one of the 12 factions and give an overview about how they play. Or show off literally anything.

I'm not trying to call any one individual out, but the wound from having been strung along for a year and a half on the old game without being told a damn thing is still fresh. It's super hard not to look at the current radio silence on the second game as being precisely the same thing.

Agree, and I think it isn't Focus' fault primarily. For another RTS published by Focus, the Wargame series by Eugen System, the dev were much more open about their game development. I liked most about the "Unit of the Day" thread on their forum, in which new units were previewed regularly months before the release of the base game/DLCs.
It seems Tindalos is the one who is so shy to reveal anything and keeps the game content as secret as the existence of the Grey Knights on Titan.

@wowu5 said in Sell me the Game:

Agree, and I think it isn't Focus' fault primarily. For another RTS published by Focus, the Wargame series by Eugen System, the dev were much more open about their game development. I liked most about the "Unit of the Day" thread on their forum, in which new units were previewed regularly months before the release of the base game/DLCs.
It seems Tindalos is the one who is so shy to reveal anything and keeps the game content as secret as the existence of the Grey Knights on Titan.

Well in that case, yeah, FHI needs to start poking and prodding Tindalos for stuff to share with the community. I'm not saying they need to spoil every surprise in the game, but we've gone weeks without literally anything. And hell, the last thing we did get - the release window - was dug up by the community, not shared by Tindalos.

The fact they're looking at the thing the community hated most from the first game and thinking "yeah, we should do that all over again" is completely mind-boggling. I have no idea why they insist on foregoing interest and pre-orders to do this silent nonsense.

Very good and accurate OP from a man who apparently values his money. Why put a game on preorder if there is little to none information about it? Why buy it in such state? There is only a couple of months to the release and there is not too much information besides quite grand announcements. I do not say that there is something fishy about this game or this will be some money grabber, but still, I thought that Tindalos will play this out differently than in case of the first game, we had somehow active community manager on the old forum who apparently disappeared, guys form Tindalos have made accounts on this forum the last month I see but they are not active and apparently they have not too much to say. I do not like such things and I have the opportunity to express it but not buying the game is such state. And I recommend this to everyone. Only positive things for everyone can come from such approach.

actually that's not a bad idea. a weekly spotlight on a the devs favorite ship, starting with ships they can show off, even if it means sheips from the previous games. anything to remind us that they are still alive and hard at work

@shadowsfm said in Sell me the Game:

actually that's not a bad idea. a weekly spotlight on a the devs favorite ship, starting with ships they can show off, even if it means sheips from the previous games. anything to remind us that they are still alive and hard at work

Yeah, they need to do something to keep interest going. Because we're about 80 days out from September, and the only information we have is the same information we had when they announced the damn game.

@shadowsfm I do something like that for them already,

@kadaeux said in Sell me the Game:

When I played and subscribed to the Old republic MMO it was quite horrendous. Bug reporting was more of a routine than any real hope of gettign a solution, and the bugs weren't small ones, but ones that left you without a support companion that you could collect.

When I played and subscribed to the Old republic MMO it was quite horrendous. Bug reporting was more of a routine than any real hope of gettign a solution, and the bugs weren't small ones, but ones that left you without a support companion that you could collect.

Ah, but that's a Bioware problem. :p Bioware's tech support is absolute shite :p

@shadowsfm said in Sell me the Game:

Yeah, they need to do something to keep interest going. Because we're about 80 days out from September, and the only information we have is the same information we had when they announced the damn game.

85 days if they do the usual game dev thing and by September mean September 30th. If they churn out a trailer a week assuming they do one for each of the 6 new factions the latest they could start would be August 25th, september 8th if they don't make one for the new eldar/tau faction. Honestly given their actions so far it wouldn't surprise me if they did this.

@caliger_reborn said in Sell me the Game:

@shadowsfm I do something like that for them already,

and you do fine work