Autosave fail

Why won't my game autosave? The only save it responds to is a psygate and I ran out of those early on in my mission. No other form of autosave works. Please help as I have already lost 3 hours of playtime due to this. I want to love this game but I don't have multiple hours free regularly to play this.

Any help would be appreciated.

edited: won't even autosave from psygate. 😞

last edited by ghalgor

Few questions here because we've never heard that happen before:

• Are you playing on PC or PS4?
  • Does the game register saves that are not working, or does it not save the game at all?
  • Have you tried the usual troubleshooting methods (power cycle on PS4, uninstalling/reinstalling on PC, etc)?

Sorry.

It is on PC, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it no longer saves. The game says it is autosaving but nothing is recorded. No idea what other ways to troubleshoot.

We'll try to figure that out. Could you please:

• go to C:\Users(your username)\AppData\Local\SpaceHulkEnhanced\Saved\SaveGames
  • delete everything in that folder (or move the files somewhere else if you want to keep them)
  • start a campaign and play for a bit
  • check the folder again to see if new save files were generated
  • if so, please post them here (using something like Dropbox or Google Drive)

I have deleted the files and when I started the game up, the files came back in to the folder of their own accord. Don't know why that is happening.

Had a friend look at the problem and we stopped the game synching with the steam cloud. This appears to have fixed the overwriting of possibly corrupted synch files it but it means I can't synch.

Alright, that's already valuable information! Does the issue start again when reactivating Steam sync?