Vampyr (PS4) Blackmail in Whitechapel quest bug, can't continue story, got stuck
Community Manager

@joeltopia Thanks for letting me know, I'll pass this along to the team

Was the patch meant to fix the issue in a save file where you've already encountered the bug or do you have to restart the game because the patch only prevents the bug happening in the future?

Reason I'm asking is because I've got the latest patch I believe (Xbox One Version 1.7.0.0 which said it was updated on 27/09) and the save game which had the problem still isn't fixed. If I knock on the door, I'm told, can't enter, nobodies home.

There's no red circle on the ground anymore to start the cutscene as I've already seen it but had the issue of Nurse Crane being missing and the game was saved after this point. Now Darius is just standing facing the door where you overheard/saw him talking to nurse crane. Also the game is still informing me to Investigate Darius Petrescu's actions.

So is this save file corrupt and I need to restart the game or was the patch meant to fix the issue and let me continue on from here?

Community Manager

@desertwolf1981 I believe the fix is supposed to have been retroactive, but I'll double check that for you and update this post as soon as I have a response.

Yea... I also still have this issue myself and got very irritated to see the update did nothing. So decided to restart completely hopefully it doesn't happen again, but my hopes aren't that high anymore.

@iyagovos Having the same problem as desert wolf no red circle bought the game was having fun and now just disappointed hoping y'all can fix this soon because I paid for your product my dude.

Hello, I recently bought this game and I’ve been really looking forward to it for awhile, so it really pains me to say I’m stuck on this mission too. I play on Xbox.

It would appear that my issue is, well, unique.

After talking to Darius, the game instructed me to “investigate his actions.” So I turned on my vision to see what he was up to and I followed him all the way into the back garden where I ran into the gate. Darius is still standing there by the door, with the “eavesdropping” icon over him, but no blood stain in sight to activate to continue the quest. This happened the very first time I tried to speak to him, but the bloodstain didn’t load at all. So I restarted my game. That didn’t work. So I restarted my Xbox. And that didn’t work either. So now I’m stuck, with no possible way forward, 10 hours into my play through.

Any chance you folks could help me out as well? I really, really don’t want to play through everything again, especially after completing numerous investigations. This is honestly a massive let down. I really hope you guys can help.

Community Manager

@willt01 Hey there,

You started playing after the most recent update, correct? I'll pass this along to the dev team and get them to continue investigating a fix.

Is this bug going to be fixed soon? I can't continue the game because of it. Same as everyone else. Cut scene didn't show the nurse and now Petrescu is just standing by the door where she was supposed to be. Mission tells me to investigate him. I don't know what do and it getting fairly disappointing. Especially since this has been a game I've been anticipating for some time now. Please fix this immediately I'd love to continue the game.

Any fixes to be released soon? This bug has been reported in June and is still not fixed. Can’t continue the game.

Hello everyone, i'm on my second playthrough of this game, after the difficulty updates i decided to play it once more and to my surprise this bug occurred. I'm on Xbox One and i have the same exact problem. Dorothy Crane invisible and Darius standing in front of the door doing nothing. Is there any kind of solution to this? Any news?

I've recently purchased this game and have come across this exact same bug, reading back that this issue has been left unresolved for months is kind of disheartening I was thoroughly enjoying the game up to this point, now I just can't even find the energy to play it.

@iyagovos I just started playing a few days ago & sadly encountered this bug 😞
Loved this game but I've now finished all side quests and can't go on until the bug is resolved... Restarting & playing from the beginning is not an options for me. Any news of when a fix may be available?
Please help

Mass refund operation underway?

Community Manager

@missazane We're still looking into it, but I don't have any news on when a fix will be available right now

Add more people to having this issue and wanting 60$ back after months of not being able to play

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.