Bliding light glitch?

I'm stuck in the boss battle against Fergal in the sewers(Chapter 3) because of a light that keeps constantly blinding me during the fight, i don't know if that is part of the battle or a glitch, but i literally can't see anything when it shines because the whole screens become white.

Is it a glitch or part of the boss battle?
I'm playing on Xbox One.

Please let us know if you receive any fixes, dealing with the same issue.

Thank God, i thought just my game was messed zu. I have the exact same Problem on XbOx One X.

There is absolutely no Chance to win it

I'm having the same issue on Xbox. From videos I looked at it doesn't look like part of the boss fight. Tried hard reset and nothing. What to do?

Omg the same thing is happening to me.this is so irritating wtf

Same here! Can’t continue game!

For tech support:

• Xbox One (Normal / Day One Edition)
  • Same Glare/blinding issue as described above.
  • Issue is in all the water you can walk in in these sewers, both the boss part, as water in floodgate or ground level, earlier.
  • Changing the angle of the camera stops the blinding/glare a little or for a short while.
  • Locking onto target, and evading with "B" occasionally stops or disrupts the blinding/glare.
  • When standing still, facing a certain angle the blinding/glare stops completely.

For other souls:

Sad to read more souls are facing this issue and are stuck in Limbo in this otherwise wonderful game, but good to know its general issue and there might be a solution/patch shortly.

And jup, really a gamebreaker, as there's no way on earth you can win from Fergal with this blinding/glare, as he's already quite challenging. I have tried dodging the blinding/glare with tricks above and at one point managed to get Fergal's health to <50% 😉

Sadly if you fail, you'll respawn with 70% health and 10% blood, making every retry a bit of a struggle. I stopped at 10 attempts.

Community Manager

@caius said in Bliding light glitch?:

I'm stuck in the boss battle against Fergal in the sewers(Chapter 3) because of a light that keeps constantly blinding me during the fight, i don't know if that is part of the battle or a glitch, but i literally can't see anything when it shines because the whole screens become white.

Is it a glitch or part of the boss battle?
I'm playing on Xbox One.

Hello, thanks for your report!

We're aware of the issue and are working on a fix. Sorry about that!

@netheos

That’s all well and good for people who have an internet connection. What about those who can’t afford internet? Honestly I’m furious that a glitch this game breaking some how made it through development. I got no problem with buggy games, I would usually never complain. But most aren’t that game breaking like this one is, at least in my experiences.

I had been going through a stage where I was no longer enjoying video games because they all basically did the same stuff with the same story. Then this game came out, I jumped at it. It revamped my passion for gaming. But now? Now I just want to get a refund on my game, which i know is impossible at this stage. Absolutely ridiculous that I need an update to be able to continue playing a “finished” product which I had bought. I can’t afford internet. Are you going to pay for my internet so I can download the necessary patch to finish this game?

• Fatboi.

guys do the following:
just play the first few citizens objectives, kill them and level up. i know it's bad BUT i easily managed to lvlup to 26.
lvlup your abilities and your weapon and then go to fergal lock in and hack n slash the hell out of him. try to go to one corner and you are not that blinded anymore.

after leveling up - that guy was an easy target. done in the first try .....

Hi,

I am having this issue. Its game breaking to be honest and frankly may want to return my game to get my money back. Luckily I do not suffer from epilepsy because the blinding light glitch would totally trigger someone. I would love to beat Fergal and complete the game.

Hope we can get a fix ASAP!

@netheos Any info about when the patch is coming? I was really into it, this waiting is ruining the experience.

Update,

I beat Fergal by button smashing. I'd preferred not to but at least I can move on.

last edited by tokio

I am also seeing this issue on my xbox one standard. When can we expect a fix to be able to continue in the game?

Community Manager

Hi all,

I can't currently give an expected time for the update to come, but rest assured, we're very aware of the problem and are working on a fix as quickly as we can.

Today's patch fixed the issue for me. Thank you!

i update the game today (5mb patch) and i have the same issue with that blinding light from the water. i killed the boss though beacause i am high level.but you have to fix it,for the other players out there. my console is xbox one x.

Waiting on a patch for regular Xbox One. Experiencing the same light reflection problem. I really like the game and would love to continue. 😢

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.