Necromundia vs Inqusitor

Just a question about similarity. In my youth, there was this hybrid tabletop game from Workshop called inquisitor, which was a hubrid between tabletops and traditional roleplay. It didnt hit success very much, and i suspect the weird figure heights had something to do with it, as all terrain pieces had to be created\bought again, as standard warhammer sizes would be way too small.

Anyway, my dream has always been to see the Inquisitor ruleset live in a PC game, as its flexible and fantastic on all accounts. For those who know, how are the Necromundia ruleset compared to that of Inquisitor?

There is quite a difference between the rule sets. Inquisitor was designed primarily as a role-playing game which used figures to enhance the experience. As such is based on a D66 and D100. In comparison necromunda TT is a D6 game.

However the idea of an inquisitor based game would be great.

In the vain of inquisitor games there has recently been released a game called inquisitor:martyr. I've been playing it and it's good.

I believe there was an unofficial mashup of the Inquisitor rules and the Necromunda rules, titled "Inquisimunda". That was for tabletop, of course. Never played it, so couldn't tell you how good it was.

In expanded lore apparently Kal Jericho is the child of an Inquisitor, so there's already overlap. Plenty of opportunity to add them in.

I think they could come alongside Genestealer and Chaos Cults.

@detortor said in Necromundia vs Inqusitor:

In expanded lore apparently Kal Jericho is the child of an Inquisitor, so there's already overlap. Plenty of opportunity to add them in.

I think they could come alongside Genestealer and Chaos Cults.

Never actually read much Kal Jericho except maybe a few extracts in White Dwarf. I guess I should start though... right after I finish my backlog of 24326453242 other things that need reading!

And Genestealer/Chaos Cults are best served as campaign events IMO, I know I'm probably in the minority here, but personally I always found them boring as player-run "gangs". They work in the "planetary scale" of 40K in general, but not in the deliberately smaller scale of the Underhive - they're simply too big of a threat for that. Again, IMO.

As story-driving events and "big bad" opponents, they could really shine though.

I disagree completely about the Chaos cult/ Gene cult. They both fit in with the lore perfectly.

Gene cult stem from the hive "secundus" I believe. A whole spire flattened because of a Gene uprising.

Chaos, have been in so much fluff in 40k and fantasy infiltrating the populous in small cults and makes sense having them in a city meant to hold billons.

Gene cult are good in the new rules of Necro, mining weapons, scavenged explosives, that kind of thing. Chaos, not so much with limited weapons. This could be expanded on from trading post right enough.