Few words from developers!

Just for physics i can play the first spin tires. And new trucks and maps from mods...

@pavel said in Few words from developers!:

@dereggen said in Few words from developers!:

Don't get me wrong, but removing a well used and well working feature and adding x-ray tanks really no-one asked for, is a bit strange.

Well, it wasn't really well working in the game. Having an option to choose wheels while playing didn't make sense at all: "offroad" tyres were supposed to increase fuel consumption (but it wasn't documented!), but there is no real place to use "highway" tyres instead - because there is too much mud everywhere! An option to change tyres while modding makes some sense indeed - but there were problems with suspension mentioned earlier. Plus, most of the time, when you want bigger wheels you need to change axles/suspension (the mesh of your vehicle) - so changing wheels indeed worked as aesthetics (skins if you wish)...
[...]
I think those effects make the game more fun, and thats what a game should be - FUN! So please don't be too quick to judge, you will see the new game for yourself pretty soon!

Yes, basically all these points are right, but all those problems came with the updates of Spintires so they are questionable reasons. Before, we were able to create different tires with custom weight, friction and softness. Now, all tires are basically the same, there are just a few presets left and now, it is nearly useless to have different tires.

Please take a look at Spintires+, this patch/ mod solved so many problems and added so many options and new features, and all this was done by a community member, so I guess you could solve this problems too.
If you keep reducing the number of options to tweak and vary the (modded) trucks, you condemn the mods to become just an aesthetical feature too.

I can't follow your argumentation why you had to remove a so called "aesthetic" feature and add other aesthetic features, instead of fixing the existing features to make them work properly- it is pointless, sorry.

Such details as dynamic liquids and an actually working engine are definitely cool, but what realism was gained by implementing those is lost by having magic X-ray vision, imo. Why not do something like enable the X-ray when you're "examining" the engine or the fuel cistern? For example when you're in advanced mode and zooming in on the relevant part, or something.

I think a fully functional dashboard view would do a lot more for realism. Also those drivetrain (?) changes that were presented ages ago looked cool enough. Those are already external, so that's nice, but forcing a transparent chassis just to be able to see things you normally wouldn't I don't really agree with. At least not if it's not controlled. I'm not sure how it's working right now, but it seems a bit random?

Whats wrong with you guys ... some of you already complain about stuff and never had a change to try it out!

@luizg said in Few words from developers!:

Just for physics i can play the first spin tires. And new trucks and maps from mods...

Obviously not because you already bought Mud Runner and as far as I know there is no misleading commercial outside which promise a different gameplay. So you basically know what you get.

Beside that I´m very sure that at least I will not update or publish new mods or maps for "Spintires" ... so good luck with that also. You are that type of player who bought "Tetris" and complain about that it is not like "Chess". The only real succession you made is that you ask for different loads.

@kourtjestr said in Few words from developers!:

By the cockpit view comment, I assume that nobody enjoys mudding in real trucks, either? A lot of people see this as a sim, and have a wheel, pedals, shifter.... Cockpit cam is the next logical step.

As far as economy in this vs ATS / ETS2, I don't see any reason why this game can't have an economy (other than engine / dev limitations).

First at all ... everything is better in real life ... because it must not been calculate ... it just happens.

"In cab" view also means ... more details for the cockpit (mesh update) and bigger textures ... which need more resources. Beside that I´m so sure ... that would not be enough.... you would ask for more ... such as: mirror reflections, speedometer and so on ...

If you bought "Farming Simulator" ... would you complain about missing racing tracks? It seams not hard to add/implement something to a game until you made your own experience as developer.

Also It doesn't matter in which category you put the game ... essentially is only: what it was made for.
Super Mario Cart is not a simulator even if you can play it with a steering wheel!

Don´t get me wrong ... I know that you just want a game which fit your needs. But unfortunately real time landscape deformation and soft body physics is not very common yet. For instance "Unreal Engine" or "Unity" are game engines which have a lot of functionality but they also must make compromises ... what can be rendered / calculate in real time and so on. And as long as something is not standard .. developers must focus on specific tasks and they have to make compromises.

And if you ask for a economy in Mud Runner it would change the game play completely.

@voto-1979

What's wrong in having more features ? So you basically want a Spintires replica : complete the maps in a few days then just look at the truck from different angles, enjoy the physics and test some mods ?? Without new stuff the game will die like its predecessor ...
It will be more challenging to have economy in the game , but that is for Pavel to decide.
The cockpit view was made because the community asked for it, I don't really use it either but is nice to see that they listen to people's requests.

@voto-1979 This is a forum so I can give my opinion ... If you do not like it, keep to yourself.
I say this from playing original spin tires because you're defending the comments like, "This is a physical game, I just like to see physics."
If you read the question, I say "aprecciate a response from the dev. Whether it is something that could be added to the game or not". So if you're not dev, you do not need to reply me. ;). Keep the already gameplay, and add if possible the economy. One thing no need to destroy the other. And every opinion is for make the game more fun nor less

Ручная кпп доступна только при игре с рулем, почему бы не сделать доступной игру на ручной коробке использую клавиатуру, в пример могу привести My Summer Car. Там я настроил коробку так: Num 0 - это сцепление, а дальше все банально Num 4 - первая передача, Num 1 - вторая передача, Num 5 - третья и так далее аналогично настоящей коробке передач, Del (или точка) - задний ход. Один нюанс, когда я играл в ST передачу нужно было зажимать, не хотелось бы чтобы такой гемор перерос в клавиатурный вариант.
Собсна все, почему бы и нет?

I have a question will cranes have winch points.

I think I read somewhere that PC will not be able to use Playstation button prompts, but could you possibly release the textures from the PS version and make that moddable or something?

Павел Здравствуй .Сделали что нибудь с тем что в гору по асфальту авто поднимается с пробуксовками или вообще не поднимается .казалось бы в реальности должны осилить данный подъём .не хватает сцепления колёс с дорогой.и на поворотах на не большой скорости уходит в занос хотя должен крениться и упасть ?

last edited by Владимир Кр

Not sure if its noticable on the videos, but additionally to exhaust effect there is now also a "air-sucking" effect. And there are now fluff particles flying around the level (to give it some atmosphere, was impressed by latest "theHunter") - so those get sucked into engine too! 🙂

Hi Pavel, can you please show as a video about that feature? Sounds very interesting.
Are there now also bubbles from the exhaust when it´s unter water? I think i saw it at the Gameplay Video from the GamesCom.

@Pavel Hello, I have another question, I hope to write understandable. Have you fixed the problem with the wheels percolate (I do not know if this word is correct) through the truck body, because suspension do not have the appropriate limit? In spintires probably the most problematic was suspension of MAZ with his big tires. Regards.

@pavel Great to have you and Spintires back. Just 2 questions i could come up with:
Q1: Now that we get multiplayer saves, does this mean that if a client looses connection during a game to the host and rejoins, the client can continue where he/she left off, or does it still reset everything for the client? (map uncloaking, truck positions etc)

Q2: Could we have different variations of the default sandbox maps?
eg. loading and unloading spots at opposite locations or just unloading spot(s) at some other location(s); higher/lower water level.
And just call them Coast A, Coast B, Coast C; Plains A, Plains B and so on.
Basically just some simple modifications that does not require much additional work but would bring some refreshing changes and provide additional content.
Just like some racing games have mirrored tracks.

Будет ли редактор на кансолях?

Почитав форум, все таки топливо остается важным ресурсом в игре, так и в гемплее. Но нельзя разве сделать заправочную локацию не бездонной и при этом ограничить возможности мододелов вписывать бездумные цифры в топливный бак своей модификации (сейчас это 64000)? Это явно дисбаланс и теряется вся сложность...
Так же хотелось бы иметь тахометр оборотов, имея в наличии Logitech G27 довольно не удобно определять момент когда пора переключаться на передачу ниже, а при загорании индикатора, автомобиль уже останавливается (((.
Заранее спасибо за ответ.

Здравствуйте Павел, есть вопросы касающиеся PS4 версии:

1. Планируются платные моды и бесплатные?
  2. Сколько игроков могут играть в онлайне?
  3. Будет мод на старте меняющий морды машин?
  4. Какие моды будут на старте и бесплатные они будут,ибо игра стоит 2500руб, что на ПК в помине нет?
  5. Карты будут больше чем в оригинальном Spintairs?
  6. Будет в будущем улучшения грязи? И ее физическая составляющая?
  7. Можно будет менять внешний вид водителя или будут другие модели?
  8. Добавится дождь в смену суток? Или это будет реализовано в дальнейшем?
  9. Сигналы аварийки будут реализованы при полном повреждении?
    Я извиняюсь мб я спросил повторяющиеся вопросы,хотел бы видеть все равно ответы.

Спасибо и удачи в развитии игры!

last edited by lCOBRAI

@Pavel

Hello Pavel!

First of all I'm happy that ST development is back on track in way or another. 🙂

Could you guys give the towing cable a more realistic looking model instead of the grey spaghetti noodle thing we currently have since the early days?

@alpscruiser said in Few words from developers!:

Hi Pavel, can you please show as a video about that feature? Sounds very interesting.
Are there now also bubbles from the exhaust when it´s unter water? I think i saw it at the Gameplay Video from the GamesCom.

Hello mister!
I don't think "air intake" effect is worth a video 🙂 It's more like a fun gimmick!
Same for exhaust bubble (yes they are now in the game)

@tox1m said in Few words from developers!:

@pavel Great to have you and Spintires back. Just 2 questions i could come up with:
Q1: Now that we get multiplayer saves, does this mean that if a client looses connection during a game to the host and rejoins, the client can continue where he/she left off, or does it still reset everything for the client? (map uncloaking, truck positions etc)

Game progress is now always preserved in multiplayer, for both host and the client!

eg. loading and unloading spots at opposite locations or just unloading spot(s) at some other location(s); higher/lower water level.
Basically just some simple modifications that does not require much additional work but would bring some refreshing changes and provide additional content.

Vehicles are now spawned randomly each time you start a map, so it gives some variation for each of your sessions. As for changing loading/unloading spots - its not that simple! Maps are generally designed with particular routes in mind, that player can take when he plays it!

@tox1m said in Few words from developers!:

Game progress is now always preserved in multiplayer, for both host and the client!

Vehicles are now spawned randomly each time you start a map, so it gives some variation for each of your sessions. As for changing loading/unloading spots - its not that simple! Maps are generally designed with particular routes in mind, that player can take when he plays it!

Great improvment, setting trucks and logging points randomly with every start!
BTW:
Will these new features also be available to the coming editor, means custom maps?