Few words from developers!

It's been brought up. The answer is yes.

me and my son love 4wheelin and we play all the time realiy glad to c mudrunner comin out i all ready have it pre,order on steam thanks for the good work

Thanks for the answer Pavel. It would be nice if you could answer those too:
Q1: Are you planning, before Mudrunner premiere, a video showing the Improvements in terrain deformation and general physics improvements?
Q2: Does flowing water have a physical impact on vehicles and other things so that very raging river can grab and carry light vehicles etc?

Countdown has begun!

🚚 ⏰ ⏰ ⏰

Тут ещё мысли вслух появились. Может что-нибудь пригодится.
Можно сделать как в тундре, 3 режима. Аркадный (АР), реалистичный (РР) и симуляторный (СР). Про аркадный не скажу, так как не нравятся мне аркады. А вот реалистичный оставить такой, какой сейчас симуляторный. Симуляторный же режим сделать ещё более симуляторным. Например: в мультиплеере в РР оставить так, как есть сейчас в СР. То есть все игроки имеют по 2 - 3 стартовые машины и плюс могут открыть ещё 3 - 5 машин спрятанных на карте. В новом же СР сделать все скрытые на карте машины общими для всех. То есть не 5 машин на каждого, а 5 машин на всех. Если кто то открыл КрАЗ и сел на него, то другой уже не может взять этот КрАЗ, но он может взять машину на которой ездил до этого тот человек. Я думаю, что Вы Павел поймёте, про что я говорю)) Так же изменить начало игры в мультиплеере. Каждому дать возможность выбрать себе одну стартовую машину на свой вкус в рамках сложности карты.
Или можно АР совсем убрать, а сделать РР и СР. РР - это симуляторный режим с элементами аркады, а СР - это уже непосредственно симулятор для любителей полного реализма.

Ещё мысли)). Можно сделать некий рандомный респаун (или респавн) всего и вся на карте. Это техника спрятанная на карте, а так же модели этой техники. Сегодня КамАЗ, а завтра ЗИЛ. Это точки погрузки и разгрузки. Это гаражи и заправки.
В чём суть этого дела? В разнообразии при прохождении одной и той же карты. Это для мультиплеера актуально. Сейчас в старом СПИНТАЙРЕСе при заходе в игру в мультиплеере многие знают карты наизусть и порой просто дурачатся. Им уже не интересно. А со случайным респом всего и вся уже не получится пройти карту с ходу.
К этому добавлю так же маркера на карте. В СР их можно совсем убрать. Оставить только маркера игроков на карте. А по мере прохождения эти маркера сами будут появляться на карте. То есть один игрок нашел заправку и все остальные могут видеть на карте, где она находится.
Так же можно вместо надписей на карте сделать значки объектов. Что бы карта не была вся исписана как в старом СПИНТАЙРЕСе. А были простые интуитивно понятные знаки/ярлыки/маркера и т.п. Можно даже сделать их в виде дорожных знаков.
Спасибо Павел!

Q2: Does flowing water have a physical impact on vehicles and other things so that very raging river can grab and carry light vehicles etc?

This is already working in Spintires so why it should not be working in Mudrunner?

last edited by Eversman

@Alpscruiser Hello! Could you make a small movie showing that it works? Because I really do not remember seeing it myself in Spintires 2014.

@knight25 Try to cross Flood with the B130 on the bottom half of the map. You'll see it.

@knight25 Take a Truck and put the log cart trailer on it without any load. drive thru a fast flowing river then you can see the drag of the water pushing the trailer away.

last edited by Eversman

@knight25 said in Few words from developers!:

Thanks for the answer Pavel. It would be nice if you could answer those too:
Q1: Are you planning, before Mudrunner premiere, a video showing the Improvements in terrain deformation and general physics improvements?

Oh, that's a question to our Marketing and PR guys, but I think the answer is YES.

@knight25 said in Few words from developers!:

As others have noted, water always had a physical impact, but its behaviour was improved in MudRunner. Old water applied its impulses to the bottom of physics bodies, so vehicles will never overturn. You could cheat: turn off the engine and let your vehicle slide underwater until the water current makes it re-emerge, and it will still be on its wheels. Vehicles will now be much more easily overturned (by underwater currents when they are submerged too).
So in short, water current now affect physics more naturally (visual flow simulation is greatly improved too).

last edited by Pavel

Q1: Is possible to add in the future more destructive elements like wooden fences ?
Q2: Any plans for a weather system , rain and snow ?

Thanks .

last edited by A Former User

@Stellyan said in Few words from developers!:

Q1: Is possible to add in the future more destructive elements like wooden fences ?
Q2: Any plans for a weather system , rain and snow ?

Thanks .

A1: Adding more destructible elements to the environment is one of the top priorities for future improvements. I think its very important for a sandbox game like this.
A2: Rain and Snow is not something that can be easily integrated into current tech and gameplay. I know there are some mods but its not really how you do it...
So weather effects is not something you should expect in the nearest future, but its 100% planned and coming.

last edited by Pavel

Hello Mr. Pavel
I want to ask two questions

Will there be a mirror? TrackIR 5 Will it be compatible?
Thank you..
sorry my english (googleTranslate)

@yilmaz said in Few words from developers!:

Hello Mr. Pavel

Thank you..

Hello Mr.Yilmaz!
No mirrors yet. No TrackIR.
Maybe in a post-launch patch.

@Pavel said in Few words from developers!:

@yilmaz said in Few words from developers!:

Hello Mr. Pavel

Thank you..

Hello Mr.Yilmaz!
No mirrors yet. No TrackIR.
Maybe in a post-launch patch.

Thanks for the answer Mr Pavel.
I will wait patiently 🙂

Hello,

May i have one question please?

-When truck crash into his trailer, and do number one as we say, whole rear end of truck is pretty much done. Will be taken off some similarities like in original game where you could turn what ever degree to trailer, do full reverse into it and still not broke the hook, or what ever the name is?

Thank you, have a nice day.

last edited by Lorindes

I have a question regarding the winching system:

Q: Do you consider to add some kind of "anchor sockets" besides the existing "winching sockets"?

I'm asking, because I think it would be nice to have some "passive" sockets on the truck where I can attatch a winch, but that doesn't work as a winch itself. Now, I use winching sockets e.g. at the roll bars or at the axles, so I can recover a truck if it falls over. But those sockets work as winches but are meant to be only passive anchors.

@Michal-Bečár Hello Michal,
There are improvements to the damage detection logic and to the logic that makes the trailer detach from the tractor when its hit. But trailer hooks ("truck part required to attach the trailer") don't break off.

@Pavel

Thank you very much for your answer sir.