As much as I love the game and Developers...

Very interesting discussion guys, thank you. πŸ•Ά .. all I know is that I can use the D538 crane to pick up all 4 short logs then haul them back to the road to put them on the bed of a 65110 on street tyres, thus giving me another haulage option on The Ridge... (I managed to One-star the map too.😁 )

I just get used to having to shove the 538 into low range and wait for the wheels to start turning - there's no instant throttle response on an incline 😝

@difflock66 said in As much as I love the game and Developers...:

Very interesting discussion guys, thank you. πŸ•Ά .. all I know is that I can use the D538 crane to pick up all 4 short logs then haul them back to the road to put them on the bed of a 65110 on street tyres, thus giving me another haulage option on The Ridge... (I managed to One-star the map too.😁 )

I just get used to having to shove the 538 into low range and wait for the wheels to start turning - there's no instant throttle response on an incline 😝

yeah mna, did some digging the other day and the 535 and 538 use the exact same v12 diesel motor, so they should peform the smae, and as @Unster said, should have MORE torque beacuse it has half the number of wheels

@1967deuce
You misunderstood. That's what Sodoma was speculating (regarding the # of wheels). I don't think the number of wheels matters. What I was saying is that the 220 torque gives the D-538 very similar performance to that of the D-535. The only difference is that that torque is distributed over 4 wheels rather than 8 (so the 535 should still have better hill climbing abilities with diff lock & 4wd).

last edited by Unster

Well, i don't know about you guys, but i found my d538 under a tarp at the side of the road. It does seem gutless, but i'm reluctant to take it in because it's obviously hot. For a free truck that cost me one spare tire it's pullin' miracles.

I was reluctant to change the torque on it too, until I was pretty sure that it's a bug. It's an easy fix and it makes this otherwise great tractor perform as it should, so what's not to like. I wonder what the devs will eventually change the value to (assuming they will), but 220 makes sense. The only small downside is somewhat higher fuel consumption, but again, that's how it should be. It's not some little Jeep.

last edited by Unster

@difflock66 hey you guys are still alive? good, thought all was lost, soooo quiet here

I haven't had much to say so i've just been spouting nonsense...

It'll be good to get an update even if it's just about player mods and whatnot. I'm still happy crawling around in the b6a... i find now that the little tractor goes pretty much anywhere i point it.

Maybe we'll get a bit of info.

Speaking of the weakness of the D-538, I also did notice (like someone else has) that it has issues with the crane when picking up logs with the crane stretched out horizontally. The other cranes (say on the C trucks) don't have this issue.

@grubdumpling
I like the B-6A too, though I wouldn't say it goes anywhere you point it to. Those little front wheels get stuck on just about every log & rock. I wouldn't mind having another tractor with somewhat bigger front wheels, though I'm not sure if the Russians had a model like that (given that this game is about Russian trucks).

@unster said in As much as I love the game and Developers...:

Speaking of the weakness of the D-538, I also did notice (like someone else has) that it has issues with the crane when picking up logs with the crane stretched out horizontally. The other cranes (say on the C trucks) don't have this issue.

Hey unster, I was going over last month's community update, and noticed the post was changed to call the "D-538" now it says "B-538"

@1967deuce
That looks like a typo. It's referred to as a D elsewhere in the post.

@unster yeah those front wheels always travel ten times the distance the rear wheels do... i just meant that when i first started driving the b6a it was a ton of fun because it might get stuck a few times but it will get through anything eventually. Now when i use it i'm so used to it's personality that for me it's almost point and shoot.

I actually share a parking lot with an agricultural equipment dealer. He's retiring and selling off his hobby equipment, and today i stopped in to look at a 1956 allis chalmers. Approx. 2.5 litre 4 cylinder, very little rust but bad rubber; 2250$ canadian. I could drive it home today... hope there are no sticks in the way of the front wheels, it only does about 13kmph

@grubdumpling said in As much as I love the game and Developers...:

@unster yeah those front wheels always travel ten times the distance the rear wheels do... i just meant that when i first started driving the b6a it was a ton of fun because it might get stuck a few times but it will get through anything eventually. Now when i use it i'm so used to it's personality that for me it's almost point and shoot.

I actually share a parking lot with an agricultural equipment dealer. He's retiring and selling off his hobby equipment, and today i stopped in to look at a 1956 allis chalmers. Approx. 2.5 litre 4 cylinder, very little rust but bad rubber; 2250$ canadian. I could drive it home today... hope there are no sticks in the way of the front wheels, it only does about 13kmph

Wow man grab it. That’s very very cool, fully restored could bring big bucks since AC went out years ago. So. Cool

@grubdumpling
Sounds exciting. I guess you have to decide if it's worth your time & effort restoring it, or if it's better to get a newer model.

You know how I satisfy my urge to off-road with big tires (besides playing MR)? Riding my fat-tire bike! It's relatively cheap and it also balances with my desire to be more eco-friendly. Plus I get good exercise. πŸ™‚

last edited by Unster

Haha you guys, 2250$ is restored. Like i said, "drive it home today". The rubber is a bit cracked but holds air fine, and the owner just sold the other one with the only battery he had, so i'd need to pop in a 6v.

It's an allis chalmers model B, 1956, and the owner did confess it's been used hard. If i had a property with a drive that i needed to clear snow from (long term plan) i'd have something like this already. My dad raised us to "never need 4x4" and some of my brothers rebelled fiercely... my daily driver does have awd, but one day i'll clear my driveway with a old beat tractor.

@Unster and on the subject of bikes, yeah man fat bikes are fun. I'm firmly rooted in the 26x2" fully rigid steel MTB design of the eighties and could'd bear to replace my most recent build in that style; surly troll, mostly shimano saint and chris king parts, big deep welded/double eyeletted rims and the fattest (2.5) tires i can fit behind the tight chainstay yoke. I love my bikes too, but i'm set in my ways.

@grubdumpling wow that is very cool grub. Wow must be a lot of good stuff lying around up in Canada, around here most has been found and or destroyed, but if it’s old, it’s better than new stuff because the materials used to make them were derived from minerals in the earth, everything now is recycled materials.
So someone’s 2015 Honda is made from a scrapped 1985 Honda. Our stuff will outlast us. I always tell people my deuce will still be running somewhere when I’m gone. It runs on freaking used atf and oil. Gas diesel corn kerosene everything

![alt text](0_1530571326253_D37C4C02-99B1-4D1D-9481-F8B1DEDE7F2D.jpeg image url)

Pic of my truck at a show

@grubdumpling
Regarding 26x2, I have one of those too but with full suspension (26x2.1 to be exact), in addition to my 26x4.5 fat bike. They both have their pluses & minuses and both are fun to ride, though if I could only have one I think I'd have to go with the fattie. It's like my personal logging bike. πŸ™‚

@1967deuce
Nice truck! A little rust here and there, but still awesome. I haven't had trucks, but I've had many cars, even diesels, and both new & old, and I understand the appeal of the old but please don't bash the new stuff. It's got its pluses and reliability & durability aren't necessarily issues. Maybe with some exceptions today's cars are built to a high standard, and are safer & cleaner than the old stuff (of comparable size).

last edited by Unster