What would you like to see after BB2 LE is out?

we all know this game can have endless possibilities, naturally cyanide would need to make some sort of profit to want to make them DLC's so what would you like in the game?
new teams like https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague has a great list to pick from
new stadiums maybe?

I for one would like to see Dungeonbowl 2 😉

an Elf / halfling stadium (open field with the stands made with tree houses / platforms )

A Kislev / Norse stadium (in the frozen north)

a cage arena with separate rules smaller field that has 7 a side and walls so no surf outs

a make your own field editor (like in dungeon bowl)

options to add things like pits to leap over for private leagues

spider riders (forest goblin team )

Gnome, Zoat, Snakeman, Khainite Assassins teams 😉 and who wouldn't want to see an elemental team (air elemental s looking like a tornado, water looking like a wave and so on)

this could be a nice cash cow for cyanide and a game with endless options for players, a real win win

Give admins the rest of missing editing rights for leagues, i.e. edition of league team player skills, weather they are natural skills or not. This way it would really allow to replicate house table top rules.

yeah i would like to see the option to give mutation skills to elf, human and so on for private leagues

@coachjester
Me too, gaining a random mutation on a of a my player would be a nice reward.

More stadiums is nice. Filling out the cheerleader variety would also be good, as would having them, the assistant coaches and some of the inducements (Bloodweiser Babes, Wizard etc) being shown on the pitch.

Being able to choose genders for appropriate player types would be very nice.

Special play cards would be amazing, but I realise that's a lot more work that just adding graphical improvements.

• Skin evolution when a player is lvling up.
  • special cards
  • all the star players (as the new ones of the 2016 new board game edition)
  • give missing editing rights for teams : possibility to let money in the bank to buy inducement.
  • League editing rights : give the possibility to configure different TIER (like in table top tournament) where some of them would have free cash to buy inducement for the tournament or access to "double skills" and not the others.

Hotseat league! With spp, injuries, and everything.
I've been asking for that since 2015 😞

@coachjester said in What would you like to see after BB2 LE is out?:what would you like in the game?

Good idea, my wishlist

1. All the remaining bugs fixed (if some are remaining after LE release)
  2. All Starplayer's own skins, and first of all Helmut Wulf.
  3. Possibility to roaster inducments (starplayers, chief, babes....)
  4. A new coach search, like in BB1, when u could see all the coach teams, or look for his stats and look for your previous confrontations.

Only after that :

-Other teams
-A kislev stadium ( a circus)
-An undergroung stadium (dwarf or skaven )

@ungern said in What would you like to see after BB2 LE is out?:

@coachjester said in What would you like to see after BB2 LE is out?:what would you like in the game?

Good idea, my wishlist

1. All the remaining bugs fixed (if some are remaining after LE release)
  2. All Starplayer's own skins, and first of all Helmut Wulf.
  3. Possibility to roaster inducments (starplayers, chief, babes....)
  4. A new coach search, like in BB1, when u could see all the coach teams, or look for his stats and look for your previous confrontations.

Only after that :

-Other teams
-A kislev stadium ( a circus)
-An undergroung stadium (dwarf or skaven )

yeah the initial post was really for what comes after all the fixes to the games and for when BB is done
it was more a what DLC would you want after game is done sort of thing...
I did want an underground stadium for skaven/ dwarf (but i dont play dwarf and skaven have 1 already) but yes would like an underground one as well..
The Kislev under a big top is an awesome idea 🙂 could double for goblin as well

and undead stadium on a cemetery (grave stones on the field, sticking up and broken on the ground, play over graves on field and so on)

I'm not sure what dungeon bowl is but I'd like to see a sevens variant of the game added, I think this would be good for new coaches learning as the matches would be shorter.

I basically agree with everything said ; that's my two cents' worth :

• More teams ! (aka player's gluttony) : 1/ Southern teams: Tilea/Estalia/Border Princes/Araby ; 2/Beastsmen ; 3/ More Chaos teams: Khorne/Slaanesh/Tzeentch ; 4/Chaos Wastes: Kurgans/Dolgans...
  • New mixed teams combinations: 1/Woodland Counties: Amazons, Halflings, Lizardmen and Wood Elves ; 2/Chaos God Expended: Chaos, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves and Nurgle
  • The possibility to add your own logo (though I guess it has some copyright issues).
  • Rule variants (Blood Bowl Sevens, Dungeonbowl 2 (already mentioned) for instance).

Here's my wishlist

• Have each LRB implemented, so you can setup a competition for old times sake in, let's say, LRB 4
  • Blood Bowl Studio Maker: use a stadium and the blood bowl models to direct you own promotional movies
  • Open AI API, program you own bot and let it compete against other bots in some bot-marked league
  • Result API for easy extraction of game and player data so you can keep track of teams over multiple seasons outside of blood bowl
  • Management API for setting up Leagues and Competitions

The rumours of the other chaos teams coming true (Slaneesh, Khorne, Chaos Pact).

Turning off spiralling expenses in solo player.

That's it really, that and eventually all star players having unique models (some are off putting - Boomer is currently a Goblin instead of a Dwarf, Bertha is female but currently has a male Ogres model and head etc).

IMO, all cosmetics (stadiums, skins, anything else) should be at the end of the list. So ideally won't happen at all )) As there are a lot of actual, gameplay-related things to possibly implement.

Here is my list:

1. Add more variety to Leagues' life. That's where heart of BB is. For that give more power to modify everything to Commissioners, as well as introduce more types of plays/competitions/interactions beyond the pitch. I've gathered some ideas like that here So something like Squig Bowl, League auctions and Bounty System would make things more lively there. And allowing Commissioners to set fixed inducement bonuses in Chemps and Ladder (so you could create several groups of teams, and set how much of additional free inducement each of the groups will have in all its matches, thus making life of teams like Gobbos and Flings less grim a bit), depending on tier, could resolve a lot of hot topic issues with balance. Some additional modes of competions, adding variety on the pitch: spiked ball, more different weather effects changing play drastically, some optional objects on the pitch adding a additional tactical options, like springboard (gives anybody who stays on the square a Leap skill with double range), big cannons (throws anybody who used it as if he was thrown with TTM) and small cannons (throws ball like HMP was used), etc (some of them could be snatched from BB2016/DZ). Adding proper sponsors' implementation which actually affects gameplay also would do (could be taken "as is" from Death Zone 2); stadiums could be also imported "as is", imo, they are much more interesting in there; you can discover new stadiums randomly, make it your home, rent or even buy them (they even offer loans for that )) ).

2. Stunty Leeg implementation. That would add 16 totally new teams in their own secluded environment, and a more intense and bloodier experience on the pitch

3. BB2016/DZ (well, just won't gonna happen in BB2, let's face the fact )) )

4. Special play cards (most likely won't happen as well; there are tons of them, and many do crazy things which would require a lot of work on developer's side; like, I remember one that turns every player on the pitch in to a rookie goblin for a turn)

I'm not in favor of Dungeon Bowl, though. The whole its concept doesn't seem like a good idea to me, it's already too far from original concept so doesn't feel lik BB anymore; and it's known to have some issues due to the fact BB mechanics don't do well in narrow passages. And it would require a lot of work to implement it, thus diverting it from (imo) more important stuff.

last edited by Mori-Mori

@Skode said in What would you like to see after BB2 LE is out?:

The rumours of the other chaos teams coming true (Slaneesh, Khorne, Chaos Pact).

Poor Tzeench gets no respect 🙂

In the meantime my dear Tzeenchan Wronghorns will just have to struggle on as regular Chaos with a stadium Wizard. And the blue armour uniform IS quite spiffy.

But yeah, the three other aligned teams plus Pact make for a neat 4 team DLC. I Imagine that one is on the drawing board at some level.

last edited by mrinku

Give back options to coaches instead of forcing all of us to play YOUR WAY, including:

• option to disable bank rule
  • option to disable spiral expenses and/or change the initial/stepping threshold
  • option to make fan factor doesn't add up to TV
  • option to manually nominate MVP or enable the BB2016 MVP rule
  • option to enable the "chances to remove niggling injuries during offseason" rule as per BB2016
  • give league admin the ability to give any amount of gold to any team at any time(eg. extra inducement to stunty teams)

@mrinku said in What would you like to see after BB2 LE is out?:

Poor Tzeench gets no respect

If they implemented the tier3 Horrors of Tzeentch roster I whipped up I'd play it forever in full-attrition open play... it was made to suck constantly, but be a nightmare for bash teams to play against. The ultimate matchmaking bash balancer for people who don't mind terrible performance and constantly replacing players!

http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42958

@Tizzle-Bizzell said in What would you like to see after BB2 LE is out?:

I'm not sure what dungeon bowl is but I'd like to see a sevens variant of the game added, I think this would be good for new coaches learning as the matches would be shorter.

this is dungeon bowl
http://store.steampowered.com/app/209390/Dungeonbowl__Knockout_Edition/

@Mori-Mori said in What would you like to see after BB2 LE is out?:

I'm not in favor of Dungeon Bowl, though. The whole its concept doesn't seem like a good idea to me, it's already too far from original concept so doesn't feel lik BB anymore; and it's known to have some issues due to the fact BB mechanics don't do well in narrow passages. And it would require a lot of work to implement it, thus diverting it from (imo) more important stuff.

Did you ever play it? table top or the pc game http://store.steampowered.com/app/209390/Dungeonbowl__Knockout_Edition/

these guys made it once so they know the work
dungon bowl is not great vs an AI it was more online play and a game could go quick (like game over on turn 7... or as long as 25)

BB mechanics do very well in narrow passages. Stand firm could block 1 passage so forced to go another way... or could just leap over the player

also dungeon bowl was the game that helped me master chain pushing as some maps you would focus to push players into pits or teleporters

@coachjester , you may be right about mechanics, yet I still can't force myself to love it. It transforms BB match into something.. completely different, shuffles all familiar teams in some strange manner - so to say, meddles with original concept to such extent it loses its identity. I don't mind variety and new experiences, but that's probably too much for me, already. Imho, of course.

And implementing it will require a lot of efforts invested into a, basically, separate branch of development, instead of further developing the main game, which is more important to me. Observing Cyanide's pace of development, I'm really not sure they can do both, without sacrificing a lot of content. And I would prefer one finely developed BB game brimming with features, than 2 games with limited content (one of which is not that interesting to me, in addition)

So, for example, let's suppose we could have BB2016/Death Zone content added to the game, and Special Play Cards finally implemented. Or, we could have BB2 frozen as it is atm, and DungeonBowl. For me it's a no-brainer, there is a lot of excellent new stuff in BB2016 I can't wait to taste. And I doubt we can have both (I doubt we can have BB2016 in any case, actually 🙂 )

last edited by Mori-Mori

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.