Corrupted save

Hi

Last night I had a power outage and my save got corrupted. I tried to do the trick from FAQ with renaming the backup save file but it didn't work. I'm like 30h in the game and I don't want to play from the beginning. What else can I do?

@lukszwed that really sucks the best help I can offer is this tutorial Youtube Video

Thanks but it didn't help.

Community Manager

I'm not sure there's much we can do for you if the backup save renaming didn't work for you. Do you still have the original backup file on hand?

Yes, I have both, I copied the savegame folder before renaming the files.

Community Manager

Could you transfer the backup save file to us, so we can take a look? Use WeTransfer, please 🙂

Should I wait for the solution or just uninstall the game and forget about it? I just need a sincere answer.

Community Manager

@lukszwed The team are still looking into it, I'll hound them on it today. Would it be possible for you to send the save file to me again, at jamesb@focus-home.com? The wetransfer link has expired, and I'm going to look into it myself 🙂

last edited by Iyagovos

Thanks, I sent you the file.

Community Manager

Will look into it today, thank you!

This exact situation is the one I am in also. I was at the very end of chapter 5 and nearly 45 hours into the game. I tried the renaming trick as well, but it seems the backup save must also be corrupted. If there's anything that can be done, I'd appreciate it. I emailed my saves as well, hope that's ok. My fingers are crossed.

Community Manager

@dpacelli It's okay, of course 🙂 I'll do my best to fix them 🙂

So it's been two weeks. I've already lost all hope but I still would like a sincere answer. Can this save file be actually saved? That's all I need.

Community Manager

@lukszwed Sorry for not getting back to you sooner - I've not managed to fix it myself, sadly.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.