list of wanted features / bugfixes

All,

I am putting together a list that has a bunch of bugs and features that the community would like to see fixed/added.
Then I will put them in a document and people can vote on and give devs some idea of what people actually want. This might also allow them to see what should be prioritized. If people could make suggestions apart from mods for console so I can add them to the document. I hope this could help somewhat with communication between the community and the developers.

Menu/Interface:

• Lobby details - A bit more than just map name and player count; game mode (HC/casual), force map type (see if it's kiosk/scavenge, low priority), list of mods if any and possibility to see names of absent mods.
  • Favorite truck/map - appear at the top of grid; "favoriting" by right click etc.
  • Asking for some detailed truck's stats is pointless since mods quite often get ridiculous stats. That's low priority if implementation possible.
  • in-game chat got too low.

Game/Vehicles:

• D-538 is too weak for pulling any carts
  • Give some vehicles more utility via addons. For example B66 is capable to do more than being big 2-star "scout jeep".
  • "Auto" gear, while tweaked to be more powerful, is still sequentally shifts down to 1 if current gear can't pull anymore. May be something like tweaking thresholds or shifting more gears down may help this. Scrath that - didn't noticed that it just straight drop to 1, skipping all that sequence. I'm not using "auto" that often.

Game/Interface:

• Make some cockpit gauges visible for 3rd pefson view (speed, tacho) and vice versa (damage, fuel consumption for cabin view).
  • WInch quick release button.

Game/Props, Foliage

• some trees and branches refuse to break after applying enough force but with somewhat lacking mass. For example: heavy 4-axles chew the "valley" fallen trees with impunity even at crawl speed while most part of 6x6s are struggling to break and getting stuck but after backing a bit the tree will break.
  • same goes to little spruces that can sustain 90 degree bent at groung but not break and that tension is strong enough to capsize truck when released. Sometimes they are refuse to break no matter what.

Misc/

• ability to drop in launched game/ visible and joinable "in-game" lobbies if not set as "friends only". Currently you can do that but either via invite or connecting through friend.

That's all that I came up with at the moment.

last edited by DeadWanderer

I dunno if this is a bug, but the c255 and 256 can both still use trailers when equipped with the log crane carriage (the one that carries short logs), but the c260 cannot. The c255 and 256 on the other hand do not get access to the crane that works with the med log apparatus.

Edit: and i forgot to check if the new fuel trailer has had it's missing winch attachments addressed.

last edited by grubdumpling

@deadwanderer these are all good points! 🙂

The most important thing would be that the game saves all the tire marks on the whole map when you exit the game. It is really frustrating on some maps to find that the trails that you ruined by driving multiple time with heavy trucks, are all clean when you go back in the game...

I would add that the utility trailer and semi trailer are both empty : there is only a fuel cistern in them, but absolutely no truck parts or anything 'justifying' the several hundreds utility poinys. Just a detail but it bothers me 😂

last edited by minikeum

@grubdumpling I think that's for "diversity" purpose - to prevent having "same trucks" on grid, but since C260 is more "modern" among C2XX series it has access to medium log cart. Yet, it's still up in the air that it's deliberate or not about latter's inability to attach carts to "short" loader.

Back to features.
Game/vehicles:

• C65115 while being "hidden" and complete underdog at bog crawling before "ridge" update was still useful truck as it had short logs crane, it was used as dedicated "crane loader" at cramped places (K700 required lots of space to maneuver with cargo carrier) or "just truck to leave there".
    After update said crane was removed and it's role as "last resort truck" is limited to utility and log carrier for paved roads, which aren't good reasons to touch it at all - as carrier it won't pick it's higher speeds under load and as utility it lacks off-road capabilities.
  • B-6a would enjoy role as loader either via front loader like 700's or 180 degree rear "crane" loader. (as seen in similar tractor mods).
  • In general, I'm all about that every vehicle would deliver logs and supports in one way or another, even if it mean fetching 1 point at a time via lightweight carts and small roof carriages. This may spawn another type of challenge - while you can squeze through any woods on that 3151 with packed roof it becomes very top heavy and thus, unstable.
    Or these cars would just carry other cargo types.

For the tiny car loading logs idea i'd be happy with something as simple as a winch point on logs, one at each end.

And the truck diversity thing makes a bunch of sense, but i'll probably have to bring that point to the "d538 needs more power" debate, lol.

My top 3 issues are:

• the automatic that always downshifts all the way to first gear
  • the weak D-538, both engine and crane, though the engine torque can be adjusted by the user
  • wheels poking through mud guards or truck bed, especially on the B-66 & K-700. On the B-66 it's almost constant & hard to watch in an otherwise real nice looking game

Besides that, it would be nice to have some randomness on the maps, so the kiosks and lumber mills aren't always in the same places (if possible), and the lumber mills could be scavenge sites at times. Also it shouldn't always be 8 points that each lumber mill requires. This would add some more variety to the game.

Also, it would be nice if the outside camera remembered its zoom setting, so switching between the cockpit and outside views doesn't always reset the camera distance.

And if time allows, add real dashboards to the trucks so the cockpit views are more appealing!

last edited by Unster

Thank you all for the suggestions. There is a ton of stuff I did not notice, as I mod so I hardly use the stock vehicles. I think I will make a whole section these suggestions. I will give this thread another week or so to gather things then I will post the form.

@unster said in list of wanted features / bugfixes:

• the automatic that always downshifts all the way to first gear

I dunno how much different trucks' performance between casual and HC modes, so I speak from HC experience.
As much I've observed speeds and grips on various surfaces, current "auto" gear (drops straight to 1st gear regardless) is best solution as of current state of game.
At first, me too complained that sequentally switching gears is wasting time and killing momentum and that "it should be better at switching to needed gear when not enough momentum to keep up". But then I noticed that trucks on dirt roads run just slightly faster on their top 5/5 gear (15-20 km/h) than 1+ gear (solid 15 km/h) but less steady and more likely to lose speed when dirt ahead is getting softer. And when 1+ is losing it's power, you switch to same 1st gear, because at 1st gear you'll get wheels spinning no matter what. Currently "auto" is more likely to catch up because it won't waste time and momentum on sequentally switching to most powerful gear, which being the 1st gear anyway. Besides, when wheels start spinning in soft dirt, even at 1 gear with full throttle tires will slip, so you'd want to go much slower than nominally 1st gear.
If you wanna do some advanced control over power and grip - I'd suggest you to acquire appropriate gaming gear with dedicated gearbox.

• wheels poking through mud guards or truck bed, especially on the B-66 & K-700. On the B-66 it's almost constant & hard to watch in an otherwise real nice looking game

About B66 - it's carriage is for B130. IRL, Gaz-66 has own truck bed with wheel arcs.

***=Off topic***

@deadwanderer
I would concur that in the mud, the auto-downshift to 1 is a non-issue, even desirable. But on dry roads, especially paved, it's a pain because you lose all your momentum. The automatic should be intelligent enough to pick the right gear (maybe in the code they should account for the surface type).

Regarding the B-66 bed, that makes sense. It definitely needs wheel arcs. And on the K-700, either better tire clearance or reduced mud chunk size.

last edited by Unster

@unster said in list of wanted features / bugfixes:

@deadwanderer
I would concur that in the mud, the auto-downshift to 1 is a non-issue, even desirable. But on dry roads, especially paved, it's a pain because you lose all your momentum. The automatic should be intelligent enough to pick the right gear (maybe in the code they should account for the surface type).

I'll cite myself:

But then I noticed that trucks on dirt roads run just slightly faster on their top 5/5 gear (15-20 km/h) than 1+ gear (solid 15 km/h) but less steady and more likely to lose speed when dirt ahead is getting softer.

And I was talking about stock non-mod C-trucks, but likely apply to other trucks. I can't rememer the source, but in ST (and I believe it's still in MR) "1+" gear has some power boost.
Also, I'd like to know how do you manage to fail keeping momentum on "especially paved" roads, that it need to downshift (specify truck, load and places). Yes, it was the case for pre-"ridge" zaz-968m, which didn't had enough power to speed up at 5th gear on asphalt ring at "crossing" (high-RPM 4th gear was actually faster).
Game uses "engine tension" and thresholds mechanic. Lower speed thresholds are often coinside with lower gears speeds and it's most likely you lost/need lots of power to speed up from 10 km/h threshold (10 km/h is top speed for most vehicles for "1" gear)

And again, if you yhink that simple script is to dumb to choose you desired gear, I'd suggest you to get gaming gearbox with up to 9 gears.

And that's lead to another feature:
Game/interface:

• If possible for "gamepads" - add buttons for sequentally shift gearup, down and to 1st, neutral. (keyboards have lots of buttons to begin with)

@deadwanderer
I agree that sequential shifting (if it was added by the devs) and switching to manual mode would eliminate this issue.

Otherwise I don't really understand what it is you don't understand. Say I'm in 5th gear and the road is getting too steep to keep my speed. The automatic should downshift to 4th. Instead it downshifts to 1st and I lose all my momentum. Hopefully that makes sense.

@unster I did understand you, It's just me, who is rather bad at human language 🙂

You see, switching gears is not instant move, it has delay time to switch (like in RL - disconnecting gear with clutch, change gear, connect with clutch). While time window is indeed short it is enough to kill any momentum when torque is not applied. Especially on steep slopes and bogs, where truck meet a considerable drag.

And yeah, at least pre-"ridge" "auto" gear did behave like that, but I observed that on 65115 with heavy load. It just didn't hit too low thresholds for dropping down to 1st gear, but again, pre-"ridge" "auto" was going sequental when losing momentum.

Yeah I figured that's what they changed for the Ridge DLC (I saw something about updates to the automatic transmission). Like I said it's fine for muddy or sandy conditions, but it doesn't work well on hard surfaces.

Hello players, here are some ideas for mudrunner. I'm playing on Ps4 so I know mods won't come.

A Car/Truck transport Trailer would be nice maybe the one for D535/D537 etc. (wich you can use after the ridge dlc) just without the container...

Than it would be nice to bring all of the Trucks to select-menu (like c65115 and D535)

I would like to see c4320 again! (there is a threat about this already)

And it would be nice if trucks like the c260 get the mid-log trailer. (the one who fit to the short log/crane add.)

After all I have to say mudrunner is a great game and the developers doing a great job!

I mentioned this in the other thread about traction, but I should probably add it here too. I'd welcome more traction tweaks to further increase the physics realism, specifically getting stuck in mud to be more permanent without getting help. Sometimes I find trucks are stuck almost to the point of standing still, keyword almost. They'll still creep along, very slowly, until they can pick up traction again and get going. I think in real life they'd be stuck for good, and the more they spin the tires the more stuck they'd get (as they dig the holes deeper). This is only partially reflected in this game.

On the other hand, on hard surfaces the tire spin should be toned down when accelerating. The tires often act like they are on snow.

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but the new fuel and utility trailers that came with the B6A can't be used with anything else. It'd be nice to have those for things like the B66 and have more fuel/repair available without pulling a 6x6 out of circulation.

@rook81 I'll pass that along to the dev team, thanks for the suggestion.

I'll pass on the rest of the suggestions in this thread, too 🙂

Ive noticed i small bug that when you travel at any "high speed" and hit a bump the wheels phase into the ground. Also i feel the differential needs some work, i'm sure these large 6x6 trucks dont have open differentials like they do in the game, even just adding another "DifferentialType" that is "Limited" for the xmls would be more realistic for trucks like the Ural and Kraz.

Ok, I am a bit late in here and strictly taken, I will say no new idea, because all of them I already discussed somewhere around here, but lets put them together on the list:

• Proper engine and gearbox - This is definitely my No.1, I like to have proper use for my shifter, be able to change a gears in accordance to how is engine working. Current state is rather misleading. Also that may fix some other unnatural behaviours of vehicles as "sideeffect" (and reduction gearbox should be easy to add with that)
  • Wider gameplay possiblilities: building a road like
    -unlocking blockposts by delivering fuel/maintanance
    -strenghtening surface through muddy area
    -deployable mobile bridge addon (there are some MODs with this but bridge doesn't hold position, it needs to be welded to ground somehow)
  • tracked vehicles (I REALLY wish to see BAT-M as ultimate rescue vehicle)
  • decent HUD instead of current text fields
  • advanced damage management - flooded engine shoudn't be reapairable by spare tire and spare tire from UAZ shouldn't be able to repair MAZ parked into a tree in high speed or something. Also huge damage given by "brushing" a tree or such is sometimes ridiculous and even annoying. On the other hand, with a bit of practice and carefull driving, there is no need of maintanance at all, some raise for role of support vehicles in general might be nice (unlocking blockposts 😉 )
  • more sync in MP sessions - parked truck should be an obstacle even when other player isn't sitting in it right now. Trailer should be availalble for each player in session (mobile bridge should be availalble for each player when deployed)
  • more types of cargo - some cargo (logs/fuel/maintanance/garage points/...) just from some sources (log kiosk/fuel station/garage/...) just for some objectives (current objectives/new objectives/unlocking blockposts/...), in a best case, randomly selected when map starts
  • camera that will work even in tight spaces and slopes (less restrictions for observation angle and unzoom might be nice improvement for start), no autozoom under any cicumstances

Because I forgot my list at my office, that's all for now, maybe I'll recall something later or on monday 🙂