[xbox1] purchased legendary edition from xbox store, unable to launch

Hello,

I just purchased Blood Bowl 2 - Legendary Edition from the Microsoft Store. After it has installed it shows that I have blood bowl 2, blood bowl 2 official expansion and the teams installed. When I try to start the game, I get the error "do you own this game or app? If you have the game disc, insert it now etc".

As I bought the whole package digitally from the xbox store I obviously do not have the disc, the package clearly states that it includes the blood bowl 2 base game AND it even installs it, but still asks for the disc.

Now what ? How to fix this ?

Perhaps a reset of your console could fix this but I don't know for sure

Blood Bowl Moderator

Release is today, post here if problems persist after the release is announced.

I have tried the full shutdown from settings and power cycling from the console button, but the problem remains the same. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling whole package from the store but it does not fix the problem.

I am in the UK, the game is released, and yet it is not possible to buy the Legendary Edition bundle. Each of the individual items (team pack, expansion pack, etc.) can be bought, but not the bundle of all items together.

Perhaps you have somehow managed to buy the bundle, but the bundle is now no longer something that can be bought (or owned) from the store, hence why when you try to launch it the software becomes confused about you owning it.

Definitely seems like there are some issues with this game on the Xbox One marketplace!!

Focus Team

Hello, we're aware of an issue on Xbox with the full Legendary pack, we're in touch with Microsoft to resolve the problem as soon as we can, sorry for the inconvenience

@Kevashim said in [xbox1] purchased legendary edition from xbox store, unable to launch:

I am in the UK, the game is released, and yet it is not possible to buy the Legendary Edition bundle. Each of the individual items (team pack, expansion pack, etc.) can be bought, but not the bundle of all items together.

Perhaps you have somehow managed to buy the bundle, but the bundle is now no longer something that can be bought (or owned) from the store, hence why when you try to launch it the software becomes confused about you owning it.

Definitely seems like there are some issues with this game on the Xbox One marketplace!!

It was early in the morning when I bought it, around 8:30 AM and I live in Finland which I think is UTC+3. For some reason the legendary edition pack is still visible for me in the store, it just shows as "You own this product" and from the "manage" option it shows that it contains the game itself, something named "Blood bowl 2 official expansion" and the individual DLC teams. So at least for me it is still somehow visible in the store, but maybe it got taken down after they noticed the problems. (?)

@gcoleman76 said in [xbox1] purchased legendary edition from xbox store, unable to launch:

Release is today, post here if problems persist after the release is announced.

Seems that it SHOULD be released already https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/808/bb2-legendary-edition-release-time/2
"Xbox One - Midnight in your timezone (the night between Sept 4th and 5th)"

@Focus_Guillaume said in [xbox1] purchased legendary edition from xbox store, unable to launch:

Hello, we're aware of an issue on Xbox with the full Legendary pack, we're in touch with Microsoft to resolve the problem as soon as we can, sorry for the inconvenience

Thank you for the reply. The problem still persists. Please give at least some kind of estimate when this will be resolved? Hours? Days ? Weeks? Some other games seem to get their patches weeks on PC before consoles because of some Microsoft patch verification process for them to authenticate some modifications or something like that. I truly hope that this does not take so long and you have some sort of emergency procedures for things like this. Do I have to contact Microsoft myself or will this be resolved in some sort of patch that just updates itself ?

Apologies for the nasty tone but it seems that I just bought 44,99 € worth of air in my hard drive that I can currently do nothing with instead of a game I thought I was buying in anticipation as an old Blood Bowl fan so I'm not exactly happy.

Focus Team

It shouldn't be that long, it's not a data issue but a shop configuration on Microsoft ends.

I can't give you any estimation for now but it should be a matter of hours at the worst, I'll let you know when I have any new information.

Thank you for the swift reply, much appreciated. Got to wait some more then 😕 Please give an update when it is sorted out with Microsoft or if you get some new information.

Focus Team

Hello, we don't have any news at the moment, we're waiting for Microsoft USA.
I'll let you know when I have more info, sorry for the inconvenience 😞

Focus Team

Hello, it should be fixed by now! 🙂

@Focus_Guillaume said in [xbox1] purchased legendary edition from xbox store, unable to launch:

Hello, it should be fixed by now! 🙂

Yes! I got the prompt "blood bowl 2 ready to play" when I started my Xbox and the game launched now normally. Managed to start eternal league and from a quick glance everything seems to be in order now.

Many thanks to you and the team for fixing this quite fast and keeping me informed what is going on. 🙂

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.