Season 9?

Hi, Maybe I missed some post, but can anyone update when will season 9 start? I presume this will be on legendary?

Thanks!

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

It will, but there will be a small delay to ensure no major FUBARs with LE before people start playing the competition.

Great (thanks for the quick reply). Any expected time schedule? I thought LE was out of Beta today (meaning all the FUBAR should have been tested by now?)

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

all the FUBAR should have been tested by now

My highlighting 😉

I think Focus just want to be sure when it gets proper large-scale testing with everyone playing. Expect a few (few meaning anything from 2-10 in my lexicon) days. Personally I am expecting a week.

Champs Ladder will start on all platforms at the same time, and unfortunately there are some newly discovered issues on PS4 (and potentially xbox). These will need to be fixed before season 9 can begin. Unfortunately a console Beta was not possible, so we are in that stage now it would seem.

Huuuurrrrry. I can't play open league anymore now that I am used to Champ Ladder! It's so much better when games actually sorta matter.

Totally agreed. For me the release starts with season 9 🙂

+1

and we do not care about Money prize, playing Champ Ladder just with Post season possibility is enough motivation.

Let's Hope it does starts soon.

@JRCO Speak for yourself. Bring back the prize money!

@Stringer Bell

What are actually the odds for a player to earn a single penny ? Organised competition with post season play offs is enough motivation... Money is a cherry on the cake that most of us (and by most I mean 99% of us) will never receive.

last edited by JRCO

It appears champ ladder 9 has started, but why do you need a ticket to join the competition? It says Invitation Only...

last edited by d3vils3y3s
Community Manager

@d3vils3y3s said in Season 9?:

It appears champ ladder 9 has started, but why do you need a ticket to join the competition? It says Invitation Only...

It's not open yet. It will start as soon as the hotfix is released on all platforms (done Monday on PC, should arrive today on Xbox One and PS4).

@Netheos

oh ok, thank you for the quick reply

@JRCO said in Season 9?:

@Stringer Bell

What are actually the odds for a player to earn a single penny ? Organised competition with post season play offs is enough motivation... Money is a cherry on the cake that most of us (and by most I mean 99% of us) will never receive.

By that logic, why does any competition need a prize since only a small percentage of people will ever get it? Also, how do you think the lottery exists and gets thousands of people to buy tickets even though its a tiny fraction of a fraction that actually win?

Yes of course some people dont care about the prize money, but obviously many people do. There was even a poll for people to vote on whether they wanted the champ ladder to start asap, or wait a little longer and come back with the prizes, and the prize option won the vote so obviously most people who have not ever won money, and statistically are unlikely to ever win, still care about having a chance at real money.

Also, I dont have any stats to back this up, but I would imagine the stats exist out there somewhere to show that there is much more activity in the champ ladder in seasons where a prize is up for grabs. Anecdotally, I know of many many people, myself included, who only started playing when the prizes were announced.

Got your point but does that mean you will stop playing if there is no Prize money ?

Aren't you currently playing this season despite there ain't any money on the line ?

If Money is the main motivation, Maybe this is not the game for you cause it won'tmake you rich and maybe at some point it will make no business sense for Cyanide or Focus to put money on that competition. 500 bucs may not be that much, they still need to sell between 10 to 20 copies of the game to amortize that cost.

I believe the business model will not support the prize money indefinitely. And when Money will not be part of the equation anymore, I hope this admin competition with play offs will still be offered and I believe most players will keep on playing it.

last edited by JRCO

@JRCO said in Season 9?:

Got your point but does that mean you will stop playing if there is no Prize money ?

Aren't you currently playing this season despite there ain't any money on the line ?

If Money is the main motivation, Maybe this is not the game for you cause it won'tmake you rich and maybe at some point it will make no business sense for Cyanide or Focus to put money on that competition. 500 bucs may not be that much, they still need to sell between 10 to 20 copies of the game to amortize that cost.

I believe the business model will not support the prize money indefinitely. And when Money will not be part of the equation anymore, I hope this admin competition with play offs will still be offered and I believe most players will keep on playing it.

No Im not playing this season. Like I said, there are many people, myself included, who only started playing the champ ladder when prizes were introduced. It doesnt mean that those people only play BB to make money. It just means that without the prize incentive, those people prefer to spend their BB time playing in some other way besides the open ladder, or spend their video game time with a different game. As soon as they brought the prizes into the champ ladder, the uptick in interest in the champ ladder, and in the game in general, was noticeable in the community leagues I am a part of. It obviously created some positive buzz, and got more people playing the game, both of which are probably worthwhile for the company at a cost of $1000 every 6 weeks or so.

They had significant prizes up for grabs for the last world cup too, which again seemed to create a lot more interest than there otherwise would have been. Nobody is trying to be a professional BB player on a few hundred dollars of prize money, but the point still stands that a lot of people want it and it makes a difference when it is there.

last edited by Stringer Bell

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.