Is our world just a dream Azathoth?
  • I have heard the theory that our world is just a dream of Azathoth multiple times and it is of course a very famous presumption by Descartes, that our world is a demons dream. What do you guys think? I think it is a viable theory, but I'd rather like to think that Azathoth is an incarnation of chaos and that he ultimatly stands for the chaotic nature of the universe, which is a truely horrifying idea for humans that like to understand, catalogue and explain their universe. Therefore I would rather say he is a mere literary figure in Lovecrafts universe itself.

• I always liked the theory, assuming that Azathoth's madness was so reknowned and feared that even he doesn't know what's going on.

• @MiskatonicProf said in Is our world just a dream Azathoth?:

... that he ultimatly stands for the chaotic nature of the universe ...

Not only the chaotic nature of the universe, but also the center of the universie, hence the name: Nuclear Chaos. With Azathoth being the center of everything even chaos itself.

I like your theory!

last edited by IvarDaniel
    Views
  • Looks like your connection to Is our world just a dream Azathoth? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.