Wait times for open ladder?

Hey, is there a way to reduce the "spin" time for the open ladders in a private league? 5 mins is a bit much when you know theres one other person spping.

Community Manager

Hi, sorry the pooling time is the same for all ladders in the game. Maybe you could use a different competition format if you're only 2.

I have this issue as well, I and my buddy play a large competition and ladder allowed us to more or less pick whatever we wanted to play against each other and we have just surrendered to the wait but would love an alternative.
Which format would you suggest for two players who wants to play more than one race? (All the races!)
I thought Cup would break unless we perfectly won and lost so that we always met each other in the next round.
Is round-robin (and/or Wissen) smart enough to exclude the teams of the controlling player, i.e. if we made a 16 team RR league with 8 teams each, those 8 would all play 8 games?

Thanks for any constructive suggestions!

last edited by Brandybill

@Netheos said in Wait times for open ladder?:

Hi, sorry the pooling time is the same for all ladders in the game. Maybe you could use a different competition format if you're only 2.

I am still curious what competition format you recommend for 2.

Focus Team

A knockout, so you also have overtime 🙂

@Netheos said in Wait times for open ladder?:

We have multiple types of comps for our league, but our open ladder is for people to organize games between themselves. With the limited amount of players in a private league its a bit frustrating for members to key up a game with each other only to have to wait 5 mins.

That makes sense doesn't it? It would be good as a manager to have the option to set the spin time.

Or we could get direct challenge like from BB1... 🙂

@Commie-COZY said in Wait times for open ladder?:

Or we could get direct challenge like from BB1... 🙂

You can challenge each other via friendly match but it s a one off match resurection. No spp, no damage

I've never really understood this complaint.
Sure it can be mildly annoying... but in the great scheme of things what's an extra 5 mins
to a couple of coaches who have already committed to a 90 minute + game?

@Mercy-Flush

Just because you don't get it doesn't invalidate the complaint. And for users that had prior access to direct challenge, or even lower search times, 5 mins is a nuisance. If you have a ladder for match play 5 min intervals increases everyone's seek time as they stage so to not overlap.

I get it, i just don't empathise how it's a justifiable complaint.
Open ladders are designed for a large number of coaches - the more there are
the better it works. If in the rare instance 2 coaches want to play only against eachother
with multiple teams they can use open ladder as a workaround to suit their needs
but they will have to accept that it is a workaround & so won't be ideal.. 300 seconds is
such a small price to pay for the massive improvements that pooling has created
for thousands of other coaches that it's an almost negligible issue.

@Mercy-Flush said in Wait times for open ladder?:

300 seconds is such a small price to pay for the massive improvements that pooling has created for thousands of other coaches that it's an almost negligible issue.

Not when it could be made optional and/or changeable at league level it's not.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.