major performance issues since launch on a rig that really should eat this game up.
  • Hey folks,

I7 3770k, GTX 1070, 32gb ddr3, SSD's, Gigabyte G1 sniper mobo... on a sesame seed bun lol.
    Drivers are always upto date, windows 10 home is a legit version, I don't use Nvidia GeForce experience to optimize my games as its been wrong in the past, I keep a clean SSD, and make sure my fans are clean, and I checked the thermal paste a few weeks ago.

If you guys have been reading the steam forums, I'm one of the loud ones complaining about massive fps drops in combat regardless of the graphics settings and resolution. I'll admit, I've been loud because of trolls continually trying to shut me up.

Basically whenever I'm in a combat scenario, it would drop from a comfortable 60 fps way down to sometimes below 20.

This rig runs beautifully, Gears 4 in ultra, Deus Ex Mankind Devided, just had a game of Mass Effect Andromeda and it ran beautifully in ultra, Ghost Recon Wildlands (mostly ultra being honest but still looks good) with a mostly comfortable 60 fps.

Unfortunately I've been trolled by the devoted 40k fanbase for lying yet I've provided proof in the form of a youtube video, as others have with the same problem.

Some have even suggested that its the UE4 engine... sorry but if Gears 4 runs beautifully on this, with no hang ups at all, in ultra, at 60 fps (my Samsung tv is my monitor through HDMI through my amp for 5.1).

Every time a patch is released for this game I reinstall it, try the patch out in a new campaign (just to make sure that the older save wouldn't somehow get in the way), but every time the exact same problem rears its head in combat. Don't even get me started on the horde at the end of level 1.

Your game looks and sounds absolutely beautiful, the atmosphere absolutely stunning, for when it works and is stable I do actually feel like a Terminator Marine stomping around the hulk, then combat happens and it all comes crashing down.

Here is a link to my youtube video showing the problems. FPS counter is in the top right and is easier to see at full screen..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CfxtU2LGFY&t=453s
    Yes it was filmed in February but as stated above, the exact same problems (fps drops) happen in combat over and over. Even after recent patches. The best example of the fps drops are at the horde near the end of the video, don't worry its not that long.

While this isn't a very happy steam thread, one of your PR guys or Devs basically told me it should run on my rig no problems.

FCS_Melodie [developer] 24 Feb @ 3:51am
    Hello Sgt Snoke Em,

I'm very sorry to hear that, despite the beta patch, you stil cannot run the game properly. I've been reading as much feedback on the steam hub as possible and I've seen you posting on every topic looking for a solution and trying everything you can.

Your rig should definitly grant you the best possible performance out of this game, yet it doesn't... And I see changing your graphic settings doesn't improve your perfs which is more than odd.

Have you tried unlocking your framerate? Here's how you can do it:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/298900/discussions/1/133257636770843354/

In the meantime, we'll keep investigating your issue to find a solution.

Mélodie

Thats the quote from this forum...
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/298900/discussions/1/133257636775478536/

I imagine there are a few differences between the engines, but if it was my rig or the UE4 engine wouldn't I have problems with this?
    Youtube Video

I won't lie, I have been on steams back for a refund, since that doesn't seem like its going to happen, would you please fix your game. Your guys have stated that they're working on the console version now, I'm guessing you can imagine how some of your players who have genuine performance issues with this game when they shouldn't, feel left aside for profits, or someone just doesn't want to do extra bug testing work, or is passing the blame, trust me I've about heard it all.

Tried reinstalling windows 10, tried disabling avg, tried to verify the game countless times, basically I've tried pretty much everything short of overclocking.

Here is the store page, it seems my rig beats out your recommended specs...
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/298900/Space_Hulk_Deathwing/

or if you don't want to click on links...

RECOMMENDED:
    Processor: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
    DirectX: Version 11
    Network: Broadband Internet connection
    Storage: 40 GB available space
    Additional Notes: INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED FOR THE ONLINE GAME

Once again my rig...
    Processor: Intel Core I7-3770k
    Memory 32gb ddr3 ram.
    Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    DirectX: Version 11/12 depends on the game of course.
    and the rest is just copy and paste really.

Please fix this game. I remember playing Space Hulk as a kid on my parents 386 back in the day and have fond memories of it.
    I was hoping that after at least 6 months I would be able to play this game properly as intended with hardware that by your companies own words I should be able to run in a stable fashion.

But its been 6 months (well more if I'm being picky) and I and a select group of others (with rigs stronger and weaker than mine) have reported the same issue.

Please get on it.

Thank you for reading

Edit: recorded a new video of the fps drops, I'll upload now. It may take awhile as the connection here isn't that fast.

last edited by Sgt Snoke Em
  • Youtube Video

Newer video, currant version of the game, graphics are all the way up because as before whether its on high, low, ultra, 720p whatever it will perform the same way.

Clearer FPS counter at the top right, newer mic, and pardon the voice for when I do eventually talk, I'm suffering from a cold atm.

Thanks for reading and watching if you do.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FI9-6Coxbg
    This guy I think just pointed out whats going on in your game.
    You seriously need to get on top of this before the console people figure out whats going on or they'll be the ones that kill the game financially.

Because this was recorded at launch and I believe this is EXACTLY what is going on...
    Youtube Video

Views
  • Looks like your connection to major performance issues since launch on a rig that really should eat this game up. was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.