Offline Star Players

Is there a specific reason why Star Players don't all use the correct models in offline mode?

The models are right if you pick an All-Stars team just not for most you get through inducements.

I know that part, I'm talking about players who have their own models when played online or in an All-Stars team and yet don't when played offline and gained through inducements.

e.g.:
https://imgur.com/jgjJvFK
https://imgur.com/cGrzttG

@Netheos said in Offline Star Players:

This post is deleted!

Ah HA! Another Focus cover-up!

Deleting the first response without saying anything else isn't exactly helpful, or polite for that matter.

Community Manager

Sorry about that, I first posted the following answer:

Hi, Blood Bowl 2 features all LRB6 Star Players since the release of the Legendary Edition, but they don't all have a "premium" skin.
Given the content list for Legendary, the team couldn't create a dedicated model for each of the 30 new Star Players, but we chose to prioritize gameplay by still adding all of them with standard models.
More dedicated skins might arrive in the future, but we decided to give the option to use all Star Players to coaches first.
Have a nice day!

Because I'm used to post it everyday on various posts.

But I've been informed that it's not what's going on here. None of the Star Players have their dedicated skins in offline because the game checks the shop to see if the skin is owned by the coach before displaying it.

That's the way the shop has been built. Although all Star Players dedicated skins have always been free so far, meaning this system is pretty useless. But it explains why the dedicated skins aren't available in offline mode.

And sorry for the lack of answer after deleting the post, I was waiting for a confirmation about how the system worked Friday morning, and received it after leaving the office for the weekend.

That's a good example of DLC prospect being only an annoyance for customers.

Anyway, thou art forgiven.

@Netheos said in Offline Star Players:

Sorry about that, I first posted the following answer:

Hi, Blood Bowl 2 features all LRB6 Star Players since the release of the Legendary Edition, but they don't all have a "premium" skin.
Given the content list for Legendary, the team couldn't create a dedicated model for each of the 30 new Star Players, but we chose to prioritize gameplay by still adding all of them with standard models.
More dedicated skins might arrive in the future, but we decided to give the option to use all Star Players to coaches first.
Have a nice day!

Because I'm used to post it everyday on various posts.

But I've been informed that it's not what's going on here. None of the Star Players have their dedicated skins in offline because the game checks the shop to see if the skin is owned by the coach before displaying it.

That's the way the shop has been built. Although all Star Players dedicated skins have always been free so far, meaning this system is pretty useless. But it explains why the dedicated skins aren't available in offline mode.

And sorry for the lack of answer after deleting the post, I was waiting for a confirmation about how the system worked Friday morning, and received it after leaving the office for the weekend.

Thanks for the reply.

Does that mean the setup may change sometime in the future to allow the skins offline aswell?

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.