Problem while creating or accessing profile.

I cannot get passed this message on my start screen. Playing on the PS4, the little numbers in the corner are 3.0.102.7; help!

Focus Team

Hello, it seems your data are corrupted, you can go to Settings > Storage > System Storage > Saved Data > Blood Bowl 2 > Options button > Delete

You'll lose your solo leagues and campaign progression but should be able to access to the account again.

Could you please tell me, did what the Dev said work? Also, did you lose all your cyans and progress etc? Thanks.

Community Manager

@yellowbentines said in Problem while creating or accessing profile.:

Could you please tell me, did what the Dev said work? Also, did you lose all your cyans and progress etc? Thanks.

You'll only loose solo leagues and campaign, everything else is saved server side. You won't loose multiplayer teams and cyans.

Thanks for the swift reply. Still far from ideal though. Needs fixing. Had one match left of an 8 team round Robin. 6 matches is a fair amount of time to lose. If it helps you devs this is the first time this has happened to me and whilst it may be a coincidence it's the first time I saved mid game. Is that what is causing the corruption? You said you had figured out how to replicate the problem which brings you closer to a fix but that was some time ago. This needs fixing asap. If you know how it happens then what should I avoid doing to prevent it happening again? Tbh I really like the game and would still rate it quite high despite the crashes but this issue right here is a deal breaker. You're not losing the progress of a game but whole leagues. That means a major part of the game is broken and needs fixing or people will be within their rights to ask for a refund and will trash talk about your game. That's a shame as it is a great game but a problem like this is unacceptable. Needs prioritising with man hours and fixing fast!

If it's unfixable then maybe invest in storage and store everything server side for now? Means at least people don't lose everything. I suspect a large percentage of people ONLY play solo. I've not played any multilayer yet n don't intend to until I've played more solo but that's kind of pointless if I'm going to continually lose progress.

Community Manager

@yellowbentines said in Problem while creating or accessing profile.:

If it's unfixable then maybe invest in storage and store everything server side for now? Means at least people don't lose everything. I suspect a large percentage of people ONLY play solo. I've not played any multilayer yet n don't intend to until I've played more solo but that's kind of pointless if I'm going to continually lose progress.

That's a priority to fix this issue. We have a patch fixing the issue currently plan this month.

I paid for the legendary edition to enjoy the full aspects of the Blood Bowl world and loved the idea of a never ending league to allow me to develop a team of progressing players, I've got to the Autumn league now (3rd season) on the 7th game of 7 and this error has flashed up ... now this team that I have played has done me proud and I have grown attached to it. Your 'fix' does not sound very appealing to me at all as a result of this, does this mean the hours that I have put into this team and its growth are all to be lost and that its likely to happen again so there is no real save function?

That is totally unacceptable! I'm one match from winning the Chaos Cup and now you tell me I'll lose everything because they effed up the update!? Furious 😞

This has just happened to me today whilst logging in, and is now the second time this exact problem has occurred. Happened about 2 months ago and the above fix indeed let me log in again but completely fucked my progress. My team was still there but I had to recreate the eternal league, and its created teams that are overskilled and impossible to play against. I really don't want to do it again, and the only solution is starting with a brand new team which is obviously not ideal.

To support staff.

I have the PC version, before buying the expansion worked fine.
It doesn't use profile data settings to auto login with BB2
It now has this error.
I deleted documents\Blood Bowl 2 folder, after just deleting the profile folder didn't fix it
Still has not fixed it.
delete from PC, all personal data as well through steam
re download game
still has not fixed it
Do not use Steam Cloud, disabled.

Windows 10 Pro. AMD AM3+

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.