Hotseat leagues - Local multiplayer with spp

Dear Cyanide/Focus,

How are you doing?

I assume you are in the middle of fixing BB2:LE's bugs.
Let me wish you the best of luck.

That being said, could you take the time to give us the hotseat league mode? ...Please?

Let me clarify that I have absolutely no ill-intent and the following text is in no way sarcastic.
Take my insistence on the present matter as a testament to the joy we get from your great work. BB2 is a fine video-game and that's no small achievement.

I know Netheos told us many times it's on the community wishlist and will maybe come at a later date but now that we can create online leagues with AI, couldn't you just let the same coach add as much teams as he/she wants and play them himself/herself?

BB2 is turn-based so, each local player would just play the turn of a team.

I realize this could raise the question of the fact that some choices and actions are supposed to be made during the opponent's turn and your system might be primarily conceived for display on two different computers but, as you already gave us friendly matches (aka hotseat games without spp), you seem to have all the tools needed already.

You also could just let us gain spp through friendly matches. We'd make our own league settings IRL and simply do our pairing ourselves.

I'm no developer but from my side I can't understand what's stopping you for making it.

Is there a reason we don't have such a basic (IMO) feature 2 years after release?

Are you concerned about letting these teams play online? In that case, you could flag them as "customized" or simply make them only playable in hotseat mode.

Is it a matter of not wanting people being able to play the game without owning it?
Wouldn't it be the exact opposite, increasing the visibility of your game and being the perfect entry-way for new players?

Is it technical?
If it's too difficult to do or too time consuming, enlighten us. Let us know how long it would take and what's causing trouble. We are an unusually understanding community, for a gaming one.

I'm perfectly aware you are working on ironing out the urgent issues of BB2:LE and I'm not asking for hotseat league mode to come tomorrow.

Nonetheless, two years after release and after a new edition, we really need more than a polite "we know you want it, we'll maybe get to it someday".

+1 OP

I'll just quote something from a thread I made on the steam forums...

I was playing my some low-level orcs against a matched dwarf team once, multiplayer. Every single inch of ground was a knock-down, drag-out fight. We fought tooth and nail, slamming on each other for two halves and moving the ball up and down the pitch one or two squares at a time until, on the very last turn of the second, I made a desperate rush with a lowly orc lineman... through tackle-zones to pick up the ball in a tackle zone, to exit and GFI twice for the scoring point, no re-rolls in my pocket.

I never see the AI fight so hard, or take those kind of mind-blowing chances. Instead, once you get it separated, it degrades its strategy into pockets of smashing that make no sense.

When I can move a full cage six squares up the pitch without opposition, then there is something wrong. One of the most maddening things is when you see the AI has a good solid drive itself, and instead of taking it it backs up to cage the ball. It has no sense of momentum, advantage, or time.

And as much as I have had some good MP matches like the one above, I'm primarily more interested in playing solitaire. I'm especially not interested in having every other match conceded to me when the opposing player's dwarf heavy gets KO'd. Playing against myself, every match would be a fight to the finish.

(And yeah, Abner, I'm running four teams through seperate leagues ate moment so I can have Friendly match playoffs at the end. It's so much fun getting to know the individual players and watch the teams progress, knowing that they will eventually be facing off with one another. Would be even more fun if they were all progressing together.)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/236690/discussions/0/?fp=2

Come on, Focus, make it happen.

Make them full featured - with ageing and SPP and deaths and all of the other stuff (optional, of course).

There are a lot of us who want to run our own fantasy football leagues, with player controlled teams that suffer all of the boons and banes the game has to offer. Flag them "local only" so that they can't be exploited and used in online matches....

I'm running four teams in four separate eternal leagues right now, just so I can have "friendly match" hotseat playoffs when the leagues have completed. It would be much better (easier, more immersive, and more engaging) if these teams were duking it out together.

Please guys.

@vindelanos said in Hotseat leagues - Local multiplayer with spp:

I never see the AI fight so hard, or take those kind of mind-blowing chances. Instead, once you get it separated, it degrades its strategy into pockets of smashing that make no sense.

I wasn't thinking about AI but yeah, hotseat leagues would also indirectly ease the lack of a proper AI opponent.
It'd make for a great tutorial for new players while retaining the consequences of death/injuries.

The more I think about it, the more I believe hotseat league mode would be nothing but great for all involved in BB2.

Hi every one,
Thanks for Blood bowl games (1 and 2 ; ) )

I'm totally agree with this post.
like I wrote on steam :
"Hello,

I would like to know how we can do a league only with friends offline ?
Sometimes we have BloodBowl evening with b**r and chicken, and we can't do a offline league with death, fleshood and experience for player.
If it's stay offline it's wont be a probleme to do that with our team, no?
A mode like that can exist? (I like play online, but it's not like with friends 🙂 )

Thanks for the game (and Styx), and if you can give us that.... Wonderful 🙂

Bonjour,

je voudrais savoir comment faire une lige uniquement hors ligne avec des amis?
Parfois nous jopuons des petites soirées entre copain, bi**res et poulet, et nous n'avons pas trouver le moyen de jouer dans une ligue offline avec des vrais morts, blessures, et des personnages qui gagne de l'experience.
Si ça reste hors ligne, ça ne devrait pas être un problème de jouer avec nos équipes, si?
Un mode de jeu de ce genre peut exister? (j'aime jouer en ligne mais ce n'est pas comme jouer avec les copains 🙂 )

Merci pour ce jeux (et Styx aussi) et si vous pouvez nous donner ce mode.... Que demander de plus 🙂 !"

Bonne continuation, au piree, ouvrez un workshop qu'on puisse modder le jeu.
Have good day, at worst open a workshop, we can modding the game with.

( of orcs and men, excellent, j'avais oublié de le dire sur steam 🙂 )

The more the merrier, or at least the louder!

Yes, a hotseat league mode can exist. It's just a matter of Cyanide/Focus deciding to make it or not.

+1 from me as well. If there's concern about coaches using it to build custom teams... just makes so that hotseat leagues impose the "Custom" flag on a team.

I'm going to throw in again. It really is a drag that this isn't in game (or rather, has been excluded). If you look at the logs, it's all there. Earnings, fan factor, injuries. SPP is nullified by a flag at the start of Friendly matches. Seriously, all they'd have to do for the progression side of things is turn it on and apply everything to the teams at the end of a match.

And like mrinku said, just flag the teams "custom" and the problem of cheating is solved. With custom teams there is no reason not to have this.

last edited by vindelanos

+1 I want the Hotseat league option as well !

@vindelanos said in Hotseat leagues - Local multiplayer with spp:

And like mrinku said, just flag the teams "custom" and the problem of cheating is solved. With custom teams there is no reason not to have this.

Exactly. Albeit, we don't really know if Cyanide is really concerned about that or if the reason we don't have hotseat leagues yet is different.

That'd be nice if we could have some answers.

@Netheos So you moved the thread in Ideas & Suggestions. Fine and all but why is it a subforum of Support? That surely won't help to increase visibility.

Anyway, having a look around on Steam, it appears the question of hotseat leagues has been a recurring one for the past 2 years there too.

Good to know other coaches really care for it.

Community Manager

@Naissun said in Hotseat leagues - Local multiplayer with spp:

@Netheos So you moved the thread in Ideas & Suggestions. Fine and all but why is it a subforum of Support? That surely won't help to increase visibility.

This post is a suggestion for future content. It belongs to the suggestion section. I've moved a lot of threads lately, because the general section was a mess. It's not done on purpose to reduce your visibility.

As you said in the OP, we're well aware of the wish for a fully fleshed out hotseat league in BB2. It's on the top of the community wishlist. It's always good to have more feedback from players, but it cannot be more noticed right now. It only depends on potential future content updates.

@Netheos said in Hotseat leagues - Local multiplayer with spp:

This post is a suggestion for future content. It belongs to the suggestion section. I've moved a lot of threads lately, because the general section was a mess. It's not done on purpose to reduce your visibility.

I perfectly understand. I'm only saying that "Ideas & Suggestions" being a subforum of "Support" is confusing to me.
When I read "Support" I think about technical support, reporting players/bugs, and things like that, not ideas & suggestions.

As you said in the OP, we're well aware of the wish for a fully fleshed out hotseat league in BB2. It's on the top of the community wishlist. It's always good to have more feedback from players, but it cannot be more noticed right now. It only depends on potential future content updates.

Thank you for this answer. I know we can be annoying asking for the same thing over and over but it's important to read from you that this matter is presently so high on the list.

Community Manager

@Naissun said in Hotseat leagues - Local multiplayer with spp:

I perfectly understand. I'm only saying that "Ideas & Suggestions" being a subforum of "Support" is confusing to me.
When I read "Support" I think about technical support, reporting players/bugs, and things like that, not ideas & suggestions.

You're right. I moved the suggestion section to the main BB2 hub 🙂

@Netheos En haut de la liste des souhaits de la communauté 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
Merci beaucoup, c'est génial !
Après la sortie de l'édition légendaire (la chaos édition quoi ^^ ) et le mode solo (comme dans le 1).
Vous avez déjà fait beaucoup! Et donc, il ne reste plus que les ligues locales quoi 😄 (et ce sera plus que parfait 😛 )
Merci encore 😉

At the top of the wishlist ;))))
Thanks it's so great !
After the legendary edition (chaos edition for the first game) and solo mode (like the first)
You made a lot !! And so, it miss only the hotseat league (and it will be better than great :p)
Thanks again 😉

@Tyrkall My fellow enthusiast friend, I too am glad hotseat leagues are most likely coming during my lifetime.

Let's rejoice by killing the filthy ghouls that shouldn't be.

I still can't flag a post for moderation so let me simply tag you here @Netheos, @Blood-Bowl-Moderator, @Global-Moderators

Blood Bowl Moderator

Sorted, the offending post has been removed.

Thanks for Reporting

Thanks @gcoleman76 for removing it.
We really need the flagging system to work though.

Just adding my weight to this shout. I'd love a local hotseat league, especially if I can save the game and continue whenever I like ( or at the very least at the end of a drive)

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.