Why is it so hard to find an online match?

Am I the only one having this problem? I just want to play against people online. Why do I have to join a league, then enter a competition just to have to wait an hour for a contestant that's not coming?

Just use an Fing lobby system... 😒

You could simply join COL/CCL and stop complaining?

You could not be a smug little asshole. Have you considered that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEtm_qmgLpI

last edited by midyin

What Naissun said is fine, he wasn't being a "smug little asshole". If anything it is now you being an asshole and an immature git to boot.

You've been given your solution. Either accept it and follow, or don't and be quiet. Simple really. (With the attitude you have I believe the multiplayer community would be better off without you and playing in a solo league is where you belong.)

@midyin said in Why is it so hard to find an online match?:

Am I the only one having this problem? I just want to play against people online. Why do I have to join a league, then enter a competition just to have to wait an hour for a contestant that's not coming?

Were you able to find the right/official competition in the meantime? If you go to the official ones, you usually don't have to wait for more than 5 minutes

@midyin What I got from your video is that you understand I'm right but won't give me the satisfaction.

I hope that won't stop you from not waiting an hour to get a game going.

@Naissun said in Why is it so hard to find an online match?:

@midyin What I got from your video is that you understand I'm right but won't give me the satisfaction.

I hope that won't stop you from not waiting an hour to get a game going.

Despite what your butt-buddy thinks about me, that wasn't what you were suppose to take away from that video.
Take my hand boy, I'll walk you through it.

See, I asked a question. Now I don't know what you think it was, but saying "Use COL/CCL and stop complaining" is not actually an answer to the question. Because I'm a grown ass man and not a Teenaged girl I don't speak in millennial shorthand.
I don't know what the hell those acronyms mean, and frankly I could tell by the way you presented your "Answer" that you weren't actually trying to be helpful you were just being a dick.

What's the matter sweety? Did my question bug you? Did it somehow messy up your day?
Is that why you had to pop off like some limp dick little bitch?

Let me help you with a thought. There's this wild concept that I think is going to knock your little pink toe-socks off. Are you ready?
"The reply button is completely optional."
BOOM! I know, mind blown right?

So if you enter a thread and see someone has said something that you don't like or asked a question that your royal highness believes is beneath you to be bothered with. It will please you to know that you can just not click and save yourself and everyone a little time.. 😉

Or alternatively, you could choose to drop the snide baby-back bitch shit and talk like a fucking man...

@Arne said in Why is it so hard to find an online match?:

Were you able to find the right/official competition in the meantime? If you go to the official ones, you usually don't have to wait for more than 5 minutes

No luck. I been trying a bunch of them, but I keep ending up waiting until I finally give up and go back to playing against the PC.

What are the official ones named?

Despite what your butt-buddy thinks about me, that wasn't what you were suppose to take away from that video.
Take my hand boy, I'll walk you through it.

See, I asked a question. Now I don't know what you think it was, but saying "Use COL/CCL and stop complaining" is not actually an answer to the question. Because I'm a grown ass man and not a Teenaged girl I don't speak in millennial shorthand.
I don't know what the hell those acronyms mean, and frankly I could tell by the way you presented your "Answer" that you weren't actually trying to be helpful you were just being a dick.

What's the matter sweety? Did my question bug you? Did it somehow messy up your day?
Is that why you had to pop off like some limp dick little bitch?

Let me help you with a thought. There's this wild concept that I think is going to knock your little pink toe-socks off. Are you ready?
"The reply button is completely optional."
BOOM! I know, mind blown right?

So if you enter a thread and see someone has said something that you don't like or asked a question that your royal highness believes is beneath you to be bothered with. It will please you to know that you can just not click and save yourself and everyone a little time.. 😉

Or alternatively, you could choose to drop the snide baby-back bitch shit and talk like a fucking man...

We got a real charmer here.

Good luck with whatever your endeavor is Mr "grown ass man". I truly hope you'll find the official league, as difficult as it may be.

snip

So instead of asking for clarification on details that apparently confused you, you decided the most grown up response was to start calling people names?

I'm actually impressed.

@Phelan-Hood said in Why is it so hard to find an online match?:

snip

So instead of asking for clarification on details that apparently confused you, you decided the most grown up response was to start calling people names?

I'm actually impressed.

No, it was his bitchly little "and stop complaining" that he felt the need to follow it up with that made me call him out... honestly, I don't see why this is so difficult for people to figure out.. 😂🤣😂

Oh common, enough of this - all of you.

@midyin:
If you just want to play without a schedule against random opponents, the very first league (Cabalvicion Official League) is the way to go. This league has in general 3 competitions from which you can choose:

Anarchy ladder:
This one is new, I haven't played there, this is where you want to go if you play mixed or custom teams

Open Ladder:
This is probably the one you want to go in right now

Champion Ladder:
this one is closed right now, the next season will start soon. what you need to know: there is real price money here and only 5 concessions are allowed in one season

Because Champion ladder is closed, there are also probably less player currently playing (No data, just an intuition based on my behaviour) which may lead to a longer time to find an opponent.

last edited by JRCO

@Arne said in Why is it so hard to find an online match?:

Oh common, enough of this - all of you.

@midyin:
If you just want to play without a schedule against random opponents, the very first league (Cabalvicion Official League) is the way to go. This league has in general 3 competitions from which you can choose:

Anarchy ladder:
This one is new, I haven't played there, this is where you want to go if you play mixed or custom teams

Open Ladder:
This is probably the one you want to go in right now

Champion Ladder:
this one is closed right now, the next season will start soon. what you need to know: there is real price money here and only 5 concessions are allowed in one season

Thank you. I just had my first match on open ladder with my new Lizard team. I lost 2 to zip... 😂

last edited by midyin

I would be nice if the official guide at http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/en/bloodbowl2/multiplayer could say couple of extra words about the different official leagues, right now it only vaguely hints there will be official leagues, but doesn't really tell how to get there.

It's not super hard to figure out or Google, but in interest of people looking for the "quick lobby experience" (as this is rather common term in other multiplayer games) - it's not super intuitive. The Guide could be improved to include that information perhaps.

Anyway, thought I'd try to balance this thread with a constructive suggestion.

Or better yet, if there was a decent in-game tutorial pointing coaches to COL for easy and fast pickup games, to an up-to-date list of scheduled leagues (if you can commit to playing weekly). Or even just a tool-tip when trying to join a multiplayer league for the first time.

By the way OP, I'd recommend joining the Reddit Blood Bowl Rookie League. It has great communication, and experienced coaches go out of their way to help new people learn the ropes.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.