Setting up camp.

I was playing BB yesterday. I played 3 matches. One was against Amazons, the next one was against humans, and the last was Underworld Denizens.

The Humans was a lot of fun. I lost, but no complaints. The Amazons and the UD however set up camp by the End Zone to run done the clock...

I was annoyed, but not really sure how annoyed I should rightfully be.
In the tabletop and BB1 leagues I've played in that stuff is looked down upon as an exploit or as the guy running those leagues would call it "A bitch move".
I personally never did it, just out of respect for the other player. They here to play a game not watch me dance around wasting their time.

What's the popular consensus for that play?
Lagit Tactic, Or Douchey Exploit?

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

It's called stalling and is a sound strategy. Clock control is part of the game: why should I give you however many turns to score? Your job is to either take the ball from me or force me to score early, and it's not down to me to make it easier for you to do so.

In my opinion, respect in Blood Bowl is fouling the best piece of the opponent on turn 16.

So, stalling is definitely legit tactic.

For many teams it is the best way to win or at least to prevent losing.

Against slow teams, agile ones could tie the score almost immediately after the touchdown of the opponent. Stalling prevent that, or at least force them to try doing a one turn touchdown.

Not sure who is running your tabletop BB league but clock control has been a part of BB from as far back as I can remember. I can't remember a time when it has ever been "a bitch move" to deny your opponent multiple turns to come back at you. That's just good game play.

@Naissun said in Setting up camp.:

In my opinion, respect in Blood Bowl is fouling the best piece of the opponent on turn 16.

Typically, you get one free foul per game. I feel that not using that foul is just being wasteful... 🤣

@dode74 said in Setting up camp.:

It's called stalling and is a sound strategy. Clock control is part of the game: why should I give you however many turns to score? Your job is to either take the ball from me or force me to score early, and it's not down to me to make it easier for you to do so.

'Nuff said.

@calabim696 said in Setting up camp.:

Not sure who is running your tabletop BB league but clock control has been a part of BB from as far back as I can remember. I can't remember a time when it has ever been "a bitch move" to deny your opponent multiple turns to come back at you. That's just good game play.

It may be considered as such in certain leagues. Like, I remember some elves/stunty league with a great emphasis on ball and passing play, putting a lot of restrictions to prevent stalling, but it was their home rule feature, to "make game more dynamic and thrilling". So, it's a good thing to have something like that as an option, but not in main leagues, for sure.

@midyin said in Setting up camp.:

What's the popular consensus for that play?

To try to press them more so that they would score quickly. Or try to gang-foul some valuable player on their team. That also could be their attempt to lure you into doing something like that, and cause you some loses. You also should have tried to do something before they reached your endzone so they couldn't establish a camp there.

last edited by Mori-Mori

What the hell table top leagues you play in?

clock management is a major part of any table top game too. What kinda of scrubby league are you playing in?

I've seen it frowned on in TT leagues (fouling, too).

Annoyed the hell out of me when I first ran into it years ago, but as others have said - don't complain and try to do something to make them regret it. Like cages, chain pushes, crowd surfing and other tactics it's a legitimate part of the game.

It's usually at it's most annoying when you have a bench full of KO players and reserves and COULD do something to score again, or at least get in a few hits. But on the other hand, those players aren't going to get any more beaten up if the other guy strings it out to score on turn 16.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.