New Races. Any chance to see Chaos Pact?

Will we see Chaos Pact in legendary edition ??
It will be great to complete with more races ...

Chaos Pact are not in LE. Shame but we're getting EIGHT new teams to compete with regardless. Wonder how LE tournies will work - currently top team of each race qualifies to make up the 16 teams. With 24 sadly even with them finally included - the Ogres, Halflings and Goblin coaches have no chance of qualifying lol

I would like to see top coach of each race, and then 2nd best Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Vampire, and then the top 4 coaches not already qualified. Just to get a couple extra incentives to play the lesser played teams.

Well, they say there will be "Mercenary-Teams" and I'm pretty sure one of them could be some kind of Chaos Pact

@Spiked-Wall-Man said in New Races. Any chance to see Chaos Pact?:

Well, they say there will be "Mercenary-Teams" and I'm pretty sure one of them could be some kind of Chaos Pact

Maybe, for GW chaos pact are now chaos mercenaries ...
We will see.

It would most probably have to be opened up to 32 players, maybe the top of each race then other top ranked teams...to be fair I haven't thought it through properly, just typing straight off the top of my head. I guess Cyanide would have to be careful with the current timeframe that the finals/playoffs wouldn't be complete until well into the following season.
None the less, more races is going to be amazing. I am very excited for LE!

last edited by CalciumCas

I don't believe the mercenary teams will work on COL ladder. I believe I remember them saying private leagues with the option selected, and single player.

last edited by bcraig

@CalciumCas With Swiss format the number of total playoffs coaches becomes much less of an issue.

@SirIronclad said in New Races. Any chance to see Chaos Pact?:

@CalciumCas With Swiss format the number of total playoffs coaches becomes much less of an issue.

Yeah, good point. Swiss format would work with an increased number of coaches.

I don't know why we would assume that LE is the end... there are 8 coming with its release much like when the game launched. Nothing would prevent say DLC for Chaos Pact, Khorne Daemons.... Slaanesh.....(I just blew my own mind...)

Community Manager

@bcraig said in New Races. Any chance to see Chaos Pact?:

I don't believe the mercenary teams will work on COL ladder. I believe I remember them saying private leagues with the option selected, and single player.

Yes, we'll set up a new league with mercenary teams, separated from the CCL. The official "competition offer" will increase a lot with LE.

@Netheos

The official "competition offer" will increase a lot with LE.

Solid plan!

chaos pact is more than a random mercenary team, they have M access.

I for 1 am very grateful Pact have been overlooked so far in BB1 & BB2.
In essence they can be a great racial addition in tournament & league
environments but anyone from FUMMBL open leagues will tell you of
the damage they've caused in the past by being so gameable -
11 clpomb'ers at 1200tv? thanks but no thanks..

as for swiss - in an ideal world i'd be all over this but it's just not going to
work. COL/CCL & even the champions cup aren't really for 'committed'
coaches in the private league style sense.. it's hard enough atm to even
get matches coordinated & played in the comparitively robust
single elimination format let alone trying to convince some coaches
to continue an (e.g.) 4 match swiss tourney after they've lost their
1st match.. (let alone if they'd lost their first 2 games etc..)

@Mercy-Flush How do you think Chaos Pact would fare in the current CL format?

And regarding my Swiss format: I was basically trying to say that we should no longer be limited to formats based on the power of two.

@Netheos What do you think? Should Champion Ladder playoffs format with 24 qualified coaches (one for each race) be possible and practical with LE? If so, what would a 24 player format look like?

Community Manager

@SirIronclad said in New Races. Any chance to see Chaos Pact?:

@Netheos What do you think? Should Champion Ladder playoffs format with 24 qualified coaches (one for each race) be possible and practical with LE? If so, what would a 24 player format look like?

It's currently being discussed with the admin team. Nothing to say before the official announcement.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.