New Races. Any chance to see Chaos Pact?
  • Will we see Chaos Pact in legendary edition ??
    It will be great to complete with more races ...

• Chaos Pact are not in LE. Shame but we're getting EIGHT new teams to compete with regardless. Wonder how LE tournies will work - currently top team of each race qualifies to make up the 16 teams. With 24 sadly even with them finally included - the Ogres, Halflings and Goblin coaches have no chance of qualifying lol

• I would like to see top coach of each race, and then 2nd best Goblin, Halfling, Ogre, Vampire, and then the top 4 coaches not already qualified. Just to get a couple extra incentives to play the lesser played teams.

• Well, they say there will be "Mercenary-Teams" and I'm pretty sure one of them could be some kind of Chaos Pact

• @Spiked-Wall-Man said in New Races. Any chance to see Chaos Pact?:

Well, they say there will be "Mercenary-Teams" and I'm pretty sure one of them could be some kind of Chaos Pact

Maybe, for GW chaos pact are now chaos mercenaries ...
    We will see.

• It would most probably have to be opened up to 32 players, maybe the top of each race then other top ranked teams...to be fair I haven't thought it through properly, just typing straight off the top of my head. I guess Cyanide would have to be careful with the current timeframe that the finals/playoffs wouldn't be complete until well into the following season.
    None the less, more races is going to be amazing. I am very excited for LE!

last edited by CalciumCas
  • I don't believe the mercenary teams will work on COL ladder. I believe I remember them saying private leagues with the option selected, and single player.

last edited by bcraig
  • @CalciumCas With Swiss format the number of total playoffs coaches becomes much less of an issue.

• @SirIronclad said in New Races. Any chance to see Chaos Pact?:

@CalciumCas With Swiss format the number of total playoffs coaches becomes much less of an issue.

Yeah, good point. Swiss format would work with an increased number of coaches.

• I don't know why we would assume that LE is the end... there are 8 coming with its release much like when the game launched. Nothing would prevent say DLC for Chaos Pact, Khorne Daemons.... Slaanesh.....(I just blew my own mind...)

• Community Manager

@bcraig said in New Races. Any chance to see Chaos Pact?:

I don't believe the mercenary teams will work on COL ladder. I believe I remember them saying private leagues with the option selected, and single player.

Yes, we'll set up a new league with mercenary teams, separated from the CCL. The official "competition offer" will increase a lot with LE.

• @Netheos

The official "competition offer" will increase a lot with LE.

Solid plan!

• chaos pact is more than a random mercenary team, they have M access.

• I for 1 am very grateful Pact have been overlooked so far in BB1 & BB2.
    In essence they can be a great racial addition in tournament & league
    environments but anyone from FUMMBL open leagues will tell you of
    the damage they've caused in the past by being so gameable -
    11 clpomb'ers at 1200tv? thanks but no thanks..

as for swiss - in an ideal world i'd be all over this but it's just not going to
    work. COL/CCL & even the champions cup aren't really for 'committed'
    coaches in the private league style sense.. it's hard enough atm to even
    get matches coordinated & played in the comparitively robust
    single elimination format let alone trying to convince some coaches
    to continue an (e.g.) 4 match swiss tourney after they've lost their
    1st match.. (let alone if they'd lost their first 2 games etc..)

• @Mercy-Flush How do you think Chaos Pact would fare in the current CL format?

And regarding my Swiss format: I was basically trying to say that we should no longer be limited to formats based on the power of two.

@Netheos What do you think? Should Champion Ladder playoffs format with 24 qualified coaches (one for each race) be possible and practical with LE? If so, what would a 24 player format look like?

• Community Manager

@SirIronclad said in New Races. Any chance to see Chaos Pact?:

@Netheos What do you think? Should Champion Ladder playoffs format with 24 qualified coaches (one for each race) be possible and practical with LE? If so, what would a 24 player format look like?

It's currently being discussed with the admin team. Nothing to say before the official announcement.

Views
  • Looks like your connection to New Races. Any chance to see Chaos Pact? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.