Feedback From a BB1 vet playing BB2 for the first time.

New to BB2 with the Legendary Edition, but I played a tonne of the first game.

If nothing else; why are we missing a screen where we can look at the history of the team in a single place?

Give uz diz

I love being able to compare each units experiences, filter via Touchdowns/Yards Run/KO's etc. In BB1 all I need to do is click Career Stats, and then each individual Stat to sort by that one for best and worst.

In BB2 all I can do is look at a single unit at a time, and even his own stats are on two different pages. Why? And then I have to exit out, to look at anyone else.

As you can see, I had a custom badge/banner in BB1. No one else could see it unless they downloaded it manually, so there wasn't any issue with copyright violations etc. Why is this also missing?

Also, why is the there no option to queue multiple teams for matchmaking? It would cut down the long wait times if you had more opportunities to do so.

Why are there "BB1 Camera" options, but it doesn't actually work like said game? In particular, what is the point of having fancy stadiums, when we can't assign a key to free movement any more and look around?

Why does it not say what the injury on a player is when they're moved to the box? In BB1 you could select it and it would detail it on the player card, which was handy for pondering what to do post match whilst my opponent takes their turn. Now they all just show a red cross.

Troll Regeneration; Why does it not appear to roll the result before it asks if you want to use an Apothecary? I've burnt them before and failed, only to see the Troll then use the Regeneration and end up saved; great, except it was wasting me an Apoth I could have otherwise have kept for later. There's no option under Skills to make this voluntary, so it's a forced decision?

The player boxes in the Stadiums aren't big enough to hold all the injuries a Goblin team is likely to take, especially when the sent of specials end up there; I've had them overflow so I've had two red crosses appear in the KO box, blocking my ability to easily see who might be coming back. This is especially annoying as depending on camera settings, you can't easily see into the boxes.

Why is there no X to close many of the windows, and you have to press Esc?

Why is the word "Bite" censored for team logos?

Why can't we recolour our teams after they've been created? Why don't we have alternative colour schemes for when we play someone with too close a one? It would be nice to have a Red away kit for my team.

Why do Trolls only have one model type now? Why is there no visual improvement upon level up?

Many of these will no doubt be extremely long term complaints. Which makes it all the more confusing to me; we're at the Legendary Edition at last, which is the only reason I'm here, actually getting previously released content for a reasonable price... but why is the game still in such a weirdly inferior state with regards to presentation?

@Titler said in Feedback From a BB1 vet playing BB2 for the first time.:

This one I can easily answer: Because it can be a vulgar way to say "dick" in French and Cyanide is a French developer.

last edited by Naissun

If nothing else; why are we missing a screen where we can look at the history of the team in a single place?

I agree, I also miss the screen "home" of BB1 where u could have a look at all your teams.

And I mostly miss the coach search, u coud find the "home" of another coach.
From this page u could also look for your previous confrontations which was very cool imo.

Also, why is the there no option to queue multiple teams for matchmaking? It would cut down the long wait times if you had more opportunities to do so.

I think it is possible, you just launch each team you want one by one, no ?

Why are there "BB1 Camera" options, but it doesn't actually work like said game? In particular, what is the point of having fancy stadiums, when we can't assign a key to free movement any more and look around?

Did you try to press the C button ? U can move from BB1 camera to free camera to see what you want, including under the troll belt 🙂

Why does it not say what the injury on a player is when they're moved to the box?

Agree

Troll Regeneration; Why does it not appear to roll the result before it asks if you want to use an Apothecary?

I think it is correct, u must choose to useor not use the apothecary, before regeneraton roll, no ?

It means dick in french.

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

@ungern said in Feedback From a BB1 vet playing BB2 for the first time.:

Not sure if it actually works, though...

Troll Regeneration; Why does it not appear to roll the result before it asks if you want to use an Apothecary?

I think it is correct, u must choose to useor not use the apothecary, before regeneraton roll, no ?

Correct. Says so in the skill description for Regen.

Unless they changed it for BB2 you can't spin for multiple teams successfully.

If you spin multiple teams in a single league, only the most recent team you spin with is considered.

If you spin multiple teams across different leagues, the match start times are not synchronized so only the team whose league gets to the matching time first will normally be used. I suppose if you don't get picked in that league it might work with the second team in the other league...

I also miss being able to spin 4 teams and having more options to get a good matchup, and getting to be surprised which team you're going to play!

@Javelin said in Feedback From a BB1 vet playing BB2 for the first time.:

Unless they changed it for BB2 you can't spin for multiple teams successfully.

If you spin multiple teams in a single league, only the most recent team you spin with is considered.

Are you 100% sure of That ? I felt that Multiple spin was working OK for me. Will have to check then.

Troll Regeneration; Why does it not appear to roll the result before it asks if you want to use an Apothecary? I've burnt them before and failed, only to see the Troll then use the Regeneration and end up saved; great, except it was wasting me an Apoth I could have otherwise have kept for later. There's no option under Skills to make this voluntary, so it's a forced decision?

I believe the game is applying the Rule correctly. But I also believe it was excatly the same in BB1 so I am surprise by your remark.

Regarding you other feedback, I couldn't agree more and you can be sure most people do agree with you. The ambition cyanide and focus had on touching the console player Market as primary targets certainly explain these downgrad.

last edited by JRCO

@JRCO I meant to say "Unless they changed it for BB2 LE".

I am certain that each league starts at its own time. There isn't even a timer until one coach chooses to spin in that league, and at that time its a 300 second timer. I think having one timer that goes off every 5 minutes for every league would be better, but maybe they are trying to mitigate server load by having them separate.

As far as only taking the most recent team in a single league that chose to spin, that was definitely true in the past. I have not checked in some time though.

@Naissun said in Feedback From a BB1 vet playing BB2 for the first time.:

This one I can easily answer: Because it can be a vulgar way to say "dick" in French and Cyanide is a French developer.

Ahh yes, this would indeed explain it. I've actually heard it used, but it's pronounced "Beet-ay" I think in French? It's "Beye-T" in English so I didn't put two and two together...

That's an odd way of doing it, but it does seem to work I think... I queued up a Goblin team and another, and both show they're searching, and you can flip between the two and see the Goblin team has a unique message about adding 150TV so it's definitely showing two different teams searching. The old BB1 way made a lot more sense though!

Did you try to press the C button ? U can move from BB1 camera to free camera to see what you want, including under the troll belt 🙂

I just tried it in a replay, and this does actually work. Weirdly, looking at the game now, "Game Controls" is greyed out and can't be accessed even from the title screen, which is probably why I'd not found the option.

On this one, I'm sure it used to roll Regeneration before the Apothecary in BB1...? I might be mis-remembering though, as I stopped playing quite some time ago due to the boring nature of only ever meeting the same old Bash teams online. Oh well, the rest of the UI complaints are still there however!

last edited by Titler

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.