Design enquiries

Hey there! I have a few questions regarding the design strategy for some aspects of the game, so I thought to initiate a thread for everyone that has questions on design choices and strategies.

So, as many will have noticed, White Wolf is having a general rebirth, and this game is clearly part of it. How tight will you keep the mechanics of the video game to the new edition of the Pen and Paper RPG that White Wolf is developing? Are you planning on keeping a close discussion with White Wolf Entertainment on the character sheet and the mechanics to mimick the PnP or are you more free to act as you wish? Or maybe the mechanics will be hidden, without a "character sheet"?

That's it for now!

@il_DAck said in Design enquiries:

So, as many will have noticed, White Wolf is having a general rebirth, and this game is clearly part of it. How tight will you keep the mechanics of the video game to the new edition of the Pen and Paper RPG that White Wolf is developing?

Well, "Werewolf : The Apocalypse" was the original WoD werewolf game, while their second WoD (now renamed CoD by Paradox) werewolf game was called "Werewolf : The Forsaken"... so, I'd assume this game will be set in the old WoD universe rather than the new one, and if it's using PnP game systems it'd be more likely to use the old ones than the new ones.

Since White Wolf was bought out in 2015, the new owners have alluded to somehow combining WoD and CoD in some way, but I haven't seen much in the way of details on how they imagine that'll happen. Hopefully this product won't be where they try their hand at that. WoD and CoD do not mix - they were designed to be fundamentally different.

last edited by VoodooMike

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.