I've found a bug that renders the user stuck post-mission "The Invasion Part.1" upon completion of said mission or failure of the mission (even partial if it is possible). The player is rewarded with three -1 leader. This renders the player unable to gain new leaders, replace lost ones or in some instances simply requires them to start gaining leaders from -1 rather than zero. (I have provided a screenshot)
I have attempted three conditions to trigger the event & successfully duplicated the trigger over a dozen times each. These are:
- Completing all three invasions on the first try, failing all three invasions on the first try, failing them in random sequence.
- Attempting to reload to try the above sequence.
- Reloading several, several turns back to try the above sequence
- uninstalling then reinstalling the game to try the above sequence
- starting a new game to try the above sequence
IN ALL cases, the same event occurred. It should be noted the game continues to run as normal. Please see the attached Screenshot.
As stated in the title. Upon completion of the "Invasion Part.1" Mission. When you are awarded 1 leader of each faction. The game instead reduces your leader count to -1 (See screenshot) for each. The bug also has the following effects:
- Future leaders cannot be added OR Future Leaders are added to this total move towards ZED.
- Partial Completion of the "Invasion Part. 1 Mission" results in all three leaders being added and the above effect.
- Failure of the "Invasion Part.1 Misson" results in all three leaders being added and the above effect.
As of last night, I was able to recover a save 80 turns behind my Turn 222. I am moving towards the mission as we speak. *Should this post be approved by the time I reach Invasion Part. 1 I can confirm if it repeats when restarted from such a long distance rather than from 1 turn from victory. In which I tested multiple times.
After completing the optional mission to defend the three systems. The one that would award you with three leaders for each fleet? I was rewarded instead with -1 leaders for all three factions that stuck.
Now, if I loose a leader? I can never replace him. If I gain I leader? Jokes on me! I didn't. Had I known I was enabling hard mode with that mission. I wouldn't have attempted it.
If someone could tell me where the save file is, I'd like to edit these -1 values back 1 as my most recent saves is right before the mission ends in success. So I'll go in, finish the mission, then correct the bug.