It's our pleasure that you like the game. Regarding save points, it's actually a feature to prevent players from reloading their game whenever they fail a roll of dice or make an important decision. And we cannot tell the game to save to a new slot.
Last week update saw the addition of the much requested gameplay speed feature, ten more horde missions in the Terminator campaign, and several improvements to the AI. We were pleased to see your good reaction and feedback, many thanks to all of you.
Our support for the game continues and today we're really happy to launch an update that addresses some ongoing issues with Space Hulk: Tactics. Please read below for the changelog.
- Fixed mouse cursor being visible when using a gamepad
- Fixed not downloaded maps causing freezes in the session browser
- Fixed roster not being synchronized when inviting a friend in a private session
- Fixed not loading gameplay speed correctly when loading a save from main menu
- Fixed Terminators facing an incorrect orientation upon waking up
- Fixed cinematics playing on the wrong character (e.g. playing "reveal" cinematic of the 2nd genestealer on the 1st Genestealer; who is standing still)
- Fixed interrupted move & shoot animations during AI turns causing AI to visually slide on the floor
- Fixed Miasmic Biomorph so that it ragdolls when dying instead of awkwardly switching to death pose
- Interactive object cell triggers can now have more than 1 orientation (can open door while not facing them, but being 90° from them)
- Change victory ratio on unplayed maps => 50/50 by default
- Following player reports we were able to fix more than ten crashes related to AI and other things, improving greatly the game’s stability.
Thanks in advance for any additional feedback you could provide us following these changes,
The Space Hulk: Tactics team
Today, we’re very happy to bring to consoles the First Major Update released earlier on PC featuring AI improvements, alongside with Terminator campaign changes, game balancing and bugfixes.
Regarding the AI improvements, we’ve been hard at work balancing the AI of each faction and improving their behaviours. Genestealer AI is now more aggressive in every aspect, while Terminator AI can now react more intelligently.
Also included in this patch are additional horde maps (from 9 to 20) in the Terminator Campaign. This adds more variety to the skirmishes found between main campaign missions.
We’re also preparing for the release of the Second Major Update which brings various gameplay speed changes and AI improvements in addition to the first patch. More information will be unveiled soon.
Please don’t hesitate to give us any feedback you may have with regards to these changes.
- Fixed a case where Terminators would block each other when trying to access a console
- Improved Terminator AI handling of Door-Console links
- Terminator AI is now less prone to kill its own teammates when burning a room
- Fixed a case of Heavy flamer not moving toward the room to flame
- Terminator AI now handles multiple flame room objectives
- Fixed the Terminator AI trying to block corridors that the Genestealers can't access in 1 turn
- Fixed the Terminator AI not knowing when a Genestealer spawn is blocked
- Fixed a case of Terminator AI getting stuck after completing part of an objective
- Fixed a case of Terminator AI getting stuck after recovering the servo-skull
- Genestealer AI now tries to overrun Assault Cannons with limited ammunition
- Genestealer AI is now more prone to send Genestealers into suicide attacks if it has reserves
- Genestealer AI now takes more risks regarding Overwatch fire
- Added more campaign horde maps (9->20)
- Played horde maps are now excluded from the list until they have all been played
- Rebalanced all Leaderboard ranks
- Added a confirmation popup when exiting squad customisation without saving
- Added a Heal icon on the ground to show the Apothecary's medical assistance area of effect
- Improved the Overwatch ground icon display for squares covered by both turret and Terminator Overwatch
- Added a floor icon for "the next frontal attacker is killed" card
- Added the option to disable motion blur
- Added the option to toggle off subtitles during cinematics
- Added a slider to change camera scrolling speed
- Improved sound effects throughout the game
- Improved card UI
- Improved objectives display
- Improved dice display in the log
- Added a log entry for Jamming and Unjamming
- Added a log entry for Healing attempts
- Improved the display of "Neurotoxin" special rule in unit details
- Re-added links between doors and consoles on Berathius
- Slightly improved automatic camera movement
- Added a cinematic at the end of Genestealer Mission 3
- Fixed some wrong rewards in Terminator Campaign events
- The "Slash" special attack and Medical assistance area of effect no longer requires line of sight (always affect the 3 frontal squares)
- The Axe Channeling ability description now properly reflects its "until next turn" duration
- The Hammer and Shield ability descriptions now properly reflect that they are used in frontal melee only
- The Frenzy card descriptions now reflect that it can't be used on Biomorphs
- Removed the No Bluff Special Rule from Eratrius local file
- Added Limited Blips Special Rule to Osulas local file
- Fixed the number of remaining AP when a unit opens a door while moving
- Fixed the number of remaining Assault Cannon munitions while a unit is in Overwatch
- Fixed a case where moving and shooting would consume extra APs.
- Fixed the "Next melee is a success" cards not working during the opponent's turn
- Fixed "+2CP per kill" cards giving only +1CP
- Fixed being able to shoot at a blip if overwatching the spawn
- Fixed a case of victory not being properly registered if a player exited too fast
- Fixed the "Average time per turn" not working properly
- Fixed a case of "Class Restriction" special rule not working
- Fixed the turret firing animations not starting at the right time
- Fixed various cases of UI not refreshing immediately
- Fixed resource points (PP/Ammo) UI not refreshing immediately
- Fixed blip value not refreshing immediately after changing it with a card
- Fixed card UI not refreshing properly when drawing cards mid turn
- Fixed a graphical glitch related to Orkish fungi
- Fixed Terminator portraits not being reloaded properly
- Fixed the base Genestealer customisation not being updated in real time
- Fixed emblems and patterns on lightning claws
- Fixed missing masks in Dark Angels customization
- Fixed a graphical glitch blood angel plasma customization
- Fixed a case of wrong cinematics being played during overwatch fire
- Improved consistency in log text
- Fixed missing text in unit details after using a "Next shot is a success" card
- Fixed a missing icon in the log when playing the "place a rubble" card
- Fixed being able to display the log or unit details with the extended map
- Fixed audio glitches in campaign cinematics
- Fixed Idle sounds still playing after exiting the campaign squad manager
- Fixed the additional spawn in Terminator Campaign Chapter I not having the proper visuals
- Fixed a graphical glitch during Genestealer Mission 2 intro cinematic
- Fixed missing dialogues in Genestealer Mission 5 and 6
- Fixed missing dialogues in Terminator Mission 12
- Removed an obsolete dialogue in Terminator Mission 9 introduction
- Fixed various typos and text mistakes throughout the game
- Fixed a crash related to the AI
- Fixed a crash on "flame the room" maps
- Fixed a case of crash during multiplayer games
- Fixed various other crashes
- Cases where the Terminator AI may not put itself in Overwatch, even when in direct danger. This will be fixed in the next patch.
- We’re currently aware of an issue that Asian PS4 players cannot finish the tutorial in the Terminator campaign due to a control issue. This will be fixed in the next patch.
As always, please let us know if you have any issues.
The Space Hulk: Tactics team