It’s been a week since the Treasure Map Update. We’re really happy to receive all your support and feedback. The team is hard at work on improving the game, and we’re happy to share with you a hotfix that addresses some of the main concerns players raised after the most recent patch.
You can find the details below.
- Secret stashes now open automatically right after searching
- The amount of blocked buildings per village has been decreased
- Decreased the amount of ammo for sniper rifles in airdrops and secret stashes
- Fixed an issue where players were able to loot through walls
- Fixed an issue where holes appeared in the land near Loading Station, Chistogolovka and Shepelichi
- Characters will no longer fall through the floor in the starting lobby.
- Fixed an issue where weapons would disappear if dragged over the sidearm slot
- Wolves will no longer be able to pass through doors.
- The radius for splash damage has been smoothed
- Fixed crossroad textures
- Fixed the missed particles, decals and UI elements in spectator mode
- Nvidia Highlights will no longer record when a player kills a wolf.
- Fixed an issue where windows would not break
- Increased the distance between two fallen cranes to prevent players for becoming stuck
- Fixed the localization in some languages
- Fixed an issue where if players were too far from some assets, the assets disappeared
- Fixes an issue where some building materials would become black in the rain
- Minor fixes to notification displays
As always, please feel free to contact us if you have any issues regarding the game.
Fear the Wolves Team
As we've announced a few days ago, Insurgency: Sandstorm’s major update on November 8 will bring many much-requested changes as we prepare for launch on December 12. This update includes a brand new map, Precinct, a new Insurgent weapon, as well as various options, tweaks, and fixes.
The new update teaser trailer showcases Precinct, a large scale urban map set within the fictional, contemporary conflict of Insurgency: Sandstorm. Tight corners, broken barricades, destroyed streets of burnt-out cars and makeshift roadblocks epitomize this map, bringing the frenetic action and tactical squad-based play of Insurgency to a brand new, urban locale.
Other improvements include graphical options, anti-aliasing, animation and character models, plus related optimization improvements to help the game run better on more systems, along with additional cosmetics. These, plus additional server browser improvements, will continue to see changes in the run up to release.
Finally, gameplay changes will target everything from hundreds of improvements and bug fixes to the specifics of movement speeds, weapon statistics, map layouts, an Unreal Engine update to version 4.20, and more. A full changelist will be available upon release.
Insurgency: Sandstorm releases on December 12 for PC. Steam pre-orders are available now and give instant access to the ongoing beta testing phase. Insurgency: Sandstorm will come to consoles in 2019. http://insurgency-sandstorm.com/shop
Glimpse into history with Call of Cthulhu’s launch trailer
What lies beyond the veil, scratching at our eyeballs but just out of vision, a terrifying nightmare we simply cannot see? Peer into clear dreams and the murky past in the Call of Cthulhu Launch Trailer, ahead of release on Tuesday, October 30. With music by Black Mirror, Utopia, and The Girl With All The Gifts composer Cristobal Tapia De Veer, the trailer is your last look into the void before release.
An official adaptation of Chaosium’s pen & paper RPG, Call of Cthulhu combines investigation gameplay with the unparalleled narratives of Lovecraft’s renowned Cthulhu mythos. What mysteries will you, as private investigator Edward Pierce, uncover on the too-quiet island of Darkwater off the coast of Boston?
Call of Cthulhu casts you in that role - a struggling alcoholic, tortured by the past, haunted by PTSD and strange visions, Pierce is a dogged investigator with a desire to find the truth. Contracted by the father of the late Sarah Hawkins to look into the mysterious fire that engulfed her mansion and killed her family, Pierce is immediately surrounded by distrustful locals and dead ends on Darkwater. Pressing on, his world begins to unravel as reality breaks down, and dreams become reality... All the while, the Great Dreamer prepares its awakening.
Call of Cthulhu is now available on Steam, the Microsoft Store, and the Playstation Store.