A Plague Tale: Innocence is a moving story of adventure and bonding through the darkest hours of history. In today’s Story Trailer, get a glimpse of the heartbreaking tale of young Amicia and her brother Hugo, on the run from the Black Death, a plague of rats, the Inquisition, and worse besides. Today also marks the beginning of pre-orders on all platforms.
The story begins in the Kingdom of France, as the Hundred Years’ War and emergence of the plague start to take a toll on the population. The De Rune family lives a still-peaceful, sheltered life in their castle and surrounding lands, but it can’t last...
Amicia and Hugo's journey will take them to incredible places, some indescribably horrifying, others hauntingly beautiful, and many a mix of the two. The people they meet, and their fates, will shape their story - and it is unlikely either sibling would survive without the other. As they grow closer, the world gets harsher, and that bond becomes ever more vital.
Pre-orders are now available for digital and retail on consoles, and digital PC. Digital pre-orders come with extra coats of arms for Amicia and Hugo, while retail ones have additional benefits depending on region - please check local listings for full details.
A Plague Tale: Innocence releases May 14 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. Pre-orders are available now. http://aplaguetale.com/shop
We’d like to extend a huge thanks to those who continue to support Call of Cthulhu and give us feedback since the release.
Today, we’ve just rolled out a new patch that includes some new features and bug fixes. Please find the full change log below.
- Added the possibility to validate dialogue options with the interaction key
- Added the possibility to interact with puzzles with the arrow keys
PC Bug fixes
- All options are correctly shown in the Options menu
- Fixed some issues with 21:9 resolutions
- Added Japanese and Korean support
Improvements on all platforms
- Removed the mention of "Character Points" when hovering over Medicine and Occult skills after chapter 1
Bug fixes on all platforms
- Adjusted some SFX throughout the game
- Chapter 8: Fixed an issue where Algernon doesn't aim at the player correctly
- Chapter 9: Fixed an issue where Sarah would be standing instead of lying down in a key dialogue
- Chapter 9: Fixed an issue where players could get stuck while interacting with the bust in Sarah's office
- Chapter 12: Fixed an issue where Mitchell's state would be changed after giving the medkit to Cat
- Added Korean support
The Call of Cthulhu Team
It’s time for a new community update about MudRunner and what we have planned for the future.
We know that many of you are wondering if MudRunner will see more content added or if the next step is the release of MudRunner 2. We’re happy to confirm that we have a new free DLC planned for MudRunner.
We’ll unveil more details about this DLC in the upcoming months but you can expect something similar to the various free DLCs already released for MudRunner, such as The Ridge or The Valley.
Most of the team is now focused on the development of MudRunner 2. During Focus’ yearly press event “What’s Next”, much more info will be shared about the game. As some of you noticed, although it was originally scheduled for February, it has been moved to April 10-11. We’re sorry about this but it’s ultimately for the best, as we’ll have a lot more to show in April.
MudRunner Community Survey
Today, we’re happy to share this community survey, that we’ve prepared to get your feedback and suggestions about the future of the MudRunner franchise.
Click here to answer the MudRunner Community Survey.
You'll need about 10 minutes to fill out this survey. We'll close it in two weeks.
We want to be completely clear that the purpose is not to get a list of features for MudRunner 2. The development of MudRunner 2 is going great, and most features have already been locked down. We can’t wait to share more about that with you all!
The purpose of this survey is for us to get to know all of you a little better, for the benefit of the overall MudRunner experience, franchise, and future. Please do not interpret these questions as indications of what might appear in MudRunner 2.
The survey should take 10 minutes to complete. These questions have been chosen based on all your feedback since the launch of Mudrunner, be it from the Forums, Discord, Steam, or elsewhere.
Please share this survey with your MudRunner friends. Thanks once again for your passion and dedication to improving the MudRunner experience!
We’re happy to release our second update for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 today!
This new patch features various balance changes and bug fixes, including a rework of the boarding mechanics based on your feedback, various balancing tweaks, and stability improvements to the campaign co-op mode. Please find more details in our Beta news.
Thanks to everyone who tried this update in our Beta branch and posted their feedback. The changes are now live in the official version of the game. Please continue to share your suggestions and report technical issues - we carefully read our Steam community hub and official forum. You can also join our Discord to meet fellow players and get the latest news from the team: https://discord.gg/fqpAG2D
As the team works hard on improving the game with features and balancing based on your reports, you can find more info about our long term plans here.
We’ve also seen the feedback that some of you miss the persistent fleets from the first game. We wanted you to know that it’s been noted on our side. We’ll be looking at what could be done to improve that aspect and keep you updated in future posts.
Change log Patch 2 Battlefleet Gothic Armada II
- The boarding mechanic, a core feature of the game, has been reworked.
- Improvement and rework of the reinforcement feature. It now gives more control over the way fleets are deployed in campaign mode. Allows the player to choose which ship will be deployed just before mission launch and reinforcement flow
- Rework of the deploy feature in multiplayer (skills and upgrades can now be picked in deploy mode)
- 2v2 mode fleet capacity is now 1000 points by default
- Rework of the warp risk GUI: different display if the warp risk is new or older in the GUI score screen + display of the warp on ships in campaign
- Added a security step for the client’s disconnection during the AI turn in campaign
- Updated escort ship limitation number in multiplayer: 1/LC, 2/C - BC, 3/GC - BS + add a function to retrieve unit cost without getting all the body part from the unit
- Added tutorial tip on how to switch between galaxy and sector view (All campaigns)
- Clicking on an objective now centers the camera on the concerned system
- Added the upgradable POI number of each sector in galaxy view
- Added feedback when trying to buy a leader without enough fleet value available
- Added a “Retreat” skill on all ships that forces the ship to leave the battlefield by the closest edge. Counts as a classic disengage regarding score
- Spore Field skill radius increased from 1650 to 2000
- Pressure Spines upgrade now applies to all spore fields
- Necrons now regen 1 crew every 60 seconds up to the actual step limit, linked to Reactive Hull
- All Addmech ships now have exceptional accuracy
- Maximum accumulated fire number on a ship increased from 4 to 10
- Overcharged Lances trait now gives +9000 range instead of +4500
- Space Marines’ boarding torpedoes cost has been upgraded
- Adeptus Mechanicus lances damage increased by 50%
- Pulsar damage increased from 30 to 35
- Tyranid escort cost has been reduced
- Heavy Rail Guns’ angle reduced from 270 to 90
- Blood Letter Parties now apply 10 boarding charges with a 120 second cooldown
- Craftworld torpedoes’ loads reduced from 3 to 1
- Armour piercing is now a flat reduction of 25 points instead of an armour set to 50 points
- Armour Piercing ammunition armour reduction improved from -10 to -15
- Canticle of Omnissiah: boosts by X maneuver gauge/Boost by X Shield
- Commissar skill: Boost by X Morale/Boost by X maneuver gauge/Boost by X Shield
- Add an alternative skill to Adeptus Mechanicus ships on 1 charge skill Eye of the Omnissiah
- Feeder Tentacle skill now has various boarding values depending on the ship's tonnage
- Boarding critical now deals 1 damage, whatever the ship’s tonnage is. (the critical probability depends on the ship’s tonnage)
- Triggering the order "Call to Arms" disables the stances for its duration only, then the current stance is re-applied after the end of its effect.
- Imperial Admirals now have the "Summary Execution" order.
- Space Marines torpedoes price has been increased from 1.5 to 2.5 points per barrel.
- "Honour the Chapter" order has been removed from escort ships.
- "Pulsars" weaponries cost has been decreased.
- "Falling Moon" Drukhari Battleship cost has been increased to 350 points.
- "Impaler" ordnances health points have been increased from 10 to 12.
- The tyranid skill, "Reclamation Pool" now costs 3 crew per charge instead of 1.
- "Rush" distance has been reduced from 5k units to 4K units.
- "Goff'Ardboyz" upgrade critical assault chances are increased from +5% to +10%.
- "Sneaky Lootas" upgrade buff damages are raised from 5 damages per assault action to 20 damages.
- Wych Cult upgrade critical chances are raised from +10% to +20%.
Some progress has been made on the Coop mode. Please note that the co-op mode will be the main focus of Patch 3.
- Fixed the stop co-op button that was kicking the host to the main menu
- Fixed the score screen that wasn’t displaying when the client reconnects after a game
- Fixed the guest camera that wasn’t focusing a system under attack just after a battle
- Fixed players being stuck at the end of their second battle
- Fixed upgrade button animation for the client
- Fixed some elements of the client UI
- Updated co-op achievements
- Fixed several crashes in co-op
- Updated game over screen
- Removed the reload button for the client
- Fixed background faction cinematics
- Added a protection against a crash for null body part
- Fixed the blocked connection panel that now disappears if the client connection fails
- Fixed data representing Seglei that wasn’t changing ship client-side in the Necron mission The Prize
- Fixed the guest that couldn’t see which general was the main hero during campaign battles
- Fixed the bug that was allowing skill cancellation if the ship possession changed when a player was about to launch a skill
- Fixed client being disconnected ingame, server should not considered the game as lost anymore
- Fixed the white squares on the faction icons
1/ Campaign fixes :
- Fixed an error that wasn’t granting campaign effects to ships
- Fixed fleet selection panel (pre-engagement) that wasn’t working properly if the player was opening a new one without launching a battle
- Protection added on the Blackstone shoot trigger if this one is not destroyed during the shot in the mission Star Makers
- Fixed a bug that created a defeat when one of the player’s flagships was destroyed in the mission The Stronghold
- Fixed the absence of an objective when introducing the Ancient One (informing the player that it must not die) in the mission Last Gasp
- Fixed a bug that was displaying an empty map when launching a campaign introduction mission with the skill selection feature
- Fixed a bug that was displaying the reinforcement ships over the map when selected
- Fixed Ancestral Genome Panel display
- Improved mine visual on the campaign map
- Fixed incorrect display of upgrades in fleet viewer when above 12
- Fixed the Space Station’s name (Magnis Dominum) in the Tyranid mission The Flesh Is Weak
- Fixed the achievement “Natural Selection” that couldn’t be unlocked
- Fixed the Tyranids crash on Belis Corona
- Fixed the position of the fleets obtained as reward. Can’t spawn in a locked or hidden sector anymore
- Fixed a crash linked to the achievement of an objective, where the player loses Spire’s fleet
- Fixed a bug that was allowing the player to save a game during the enemy’s turn
- Fixed the achievement “The End of an Immortal Race” that couldn’t be unlocked at the end of the mission “Protector Of The Seventh Path”
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to deploy their ship in the monuments areas in the mission Chosen of Abaddon (Nurgle)
- Fixed a bug that was hiding objectives if some of them were already completed
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the ship hull value to update when repairing this ship in the Ship Viewer (campaign)
- Fixed a text that was not translated in the mission Protector of the seventh path / Imperial Truth
- Fixed an error of cinematic trigger in the mission Apostle of Destruction, if the Vengeful Spirit is destroyed during a dialogue
- Fixed the Death Guards Admiral ship that had no name
- Fixed the Space Station’s name that didn’t match with the name presented in the dialogue
- Fixed an incorrect mission name (The prize Part 2 > 1) in the mission summary
- Fixed the fleet power value that was able to show a number of 0 and was creating blocking situations
- Fixed the Imperial Pirates’ ships’ names that were not translated
- Fixed an error of warp risk display if there were several of them
- Fixed an incorrect reward description of the Imperial Truth mission objective
- Fixed a wrong name feedbacked when clicking on the F5 input (auto-save > quicksave)
- Fixed POI bonuses in the Necron campaign giving battleplans
- Fixed the Disengage skill for AI that should now be launched during scripted missions
- Fixed the bug that was blocking the camera movement in the sector/galaxy view when an on-map element was selected
- Fixed a bug that prevented an objective validation when the player had to execute a Lightning Strike on the Phalanx with Trazyn during the Necron mission The Stronghold
- Fixed a bug that didn’t display Turrets/Space Stations on enemy systems in the system overview
- Fixed the Biomass reward icons
- Fixed a bug that was activating the Plasmic Medusae event instead of the Plasma Storm when the player finishes the mission Slip Through the Net
- Fixed a bug that prevented some rewards to be properly displayed in the renown panel
- Fixed the fleet creation button that was appearing when the player was moving a fleet on a possessed system
- Fixed the objective Flesh is Weak that didn’t unlock the environmental effect Giant Asteroid
- Fixed the bug that was allowing player to select a system during the AI turn.
- Fixed the Repair Troops replacement values in the Game Help
2/ Battle fixes
- Fixed ships disengaging on the edge of the map (retreat) that weren’t taking warp risks
- Fixed the revoke button on the flag ship that wasn’t displayed in the Fleet builder (multiplayer)
- Fixed criticals calculation system on Runic Targeted Node
- Fixed Tooltip on the Boarding skill
- Fixed the Sooper Zzaps that wasn’t giving a 50% chance to avoid the holofield
- Added a ping button on the minimap
- Updated skin on speed buttons
- Updated the ship overlay: boarding widget + reworked stance/fire graphics
- Added a blood FX for Tyranids’ collisions
- Updated: thicker Dark Eldar missile trail
- Added cast FX to Augur Disrupt skill
- Improvements to Chaos macro FX
- Added trail to Tyranids’ ordnance
- Added new FX for Ork Plasma Bomb
- Improved feedback for ship part criticals
- Improved highlight on stealthed ships when hovering over it with mouse
- Fixed light macrocannon that was using heavy macrocannon impact explosion FX
- Reduced size of Defence Platform minimap symbol
- Selected skills and upgrades are now still selected after a battle
- Fixed a bug that allowed the player to change his own skills and upgrades by selecting enemy skills and upgrades in the battle menu
- Fixed the Holo/Shadow FX that wasn’t disappearing before a Microwarp Jump
- Fixed a bug causing maneuvers buttons to be disabled for no reason
- The achievement "Survival of the Fittest" can now be unlocked
- Added new skills icons for Chaos, Imperium and Tyranids
- Adrenal Glands skill
- Fixed Necron Boarding skill FX
- Fixed repair troop FX over time
- Fixed a bug that hid the Call to Arms stance icon while it’s still active
- Fixed the dust FX in the medium/large asteroid fields that were not centered
- Fixed a bug that was switching enemy stealth ships into bleeps when the player was taking back control of a Drifting Hulk
- Added FX to Dolmen Gate skill
- 2v2 Capitulation now asks for confirmation from the 2nd player
- Fixed the Elo gain that was displayed on the scorescreen after a 2v2 game
- Fixed the Ork upgrade Ded Big Gunz that wasn’t working for some weapons
- Fixed the Spore Field range circle that was the wrong size
- Fixed Tyranids’ macro weapons accuracy
- Fixed the Call to arms button on ally
- Fixed the AI Tau faction that can now select a Warefare
- Fixed the auto-engagement that now is priority before Retreat
- Fixed the Overload lances attribute tooltip.
- Fixed the bomb range GUI that wasn’t displayed around ships.
- Fixed the Micro Warp Jump skill that wasn’t displaying the ship ghost (feedbacking the new position).
- Fixed the Power Ram upgrade.
- Fixed the 2v2 vs AI game launch issue.
3/ Structure fixes
- Added a security check validating the name when a new save is made
- Fixed the right click (on an enemy ship) Sound FX that wasn’t influenced by any of the audio settings
- Fixed the phantom lance attribute that now works on Tracking Sense instead of Lock On
- Fixed a bug that was granting invulnerability to Tau ships (guest player side) when canceling a Warp Out at the last moment + the warp out FX was displayed indefinitely
Tindalos Interactive & Focus Home Interactive
We hope the list of the most frequently asked questions helps!
Q: What is A Plague Tale: Innocence?
A: A Plague Tale: Innocence is a story-driven adventure-stealth game telling the grim story of two siblings, Amicia and Hugo, fighting together for survival in the darkest hours of history. Learn more and watch the 16-minute uncut gameplay trailer in Roots of Innocence - Truths.
Q: Is the game’s setting historical?
A: The setting is historically inspired, but it’s our interpretation of what real Guyenne France looked like in that era. However, we were inspired by the architecture in Aquitaine, South of France. Learn more in our devblog on Art Direction.
Q: When will the game release?
A: The game releases on May 14th.
Q: Is the sling the only weapon in-game?
A: No, Amicia will be able to use different kinds of alchemy based tools adapted to different situations.
Q: Will there be a physical edition for the game?
A: Yes, there will be a physical edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Q: Is this game episodic?
A: No, the game is a stand-alone, you can access to the entire content at release.
Q: Will the game be localized in different languages?
A: Yes, here is the list of available languages.
Interface & Subtitles: French, English, Italian, German, Spanish (Spain), Czech, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil). Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish (South America).
Audio: French, English and German
Q: Do voice actors speak with a French accent?
A: Yes, since the game is set in 14th century France, we feel it’s more immersive to use French accents in the voice acting.
Q: Do voice actors use ancient French in-game?
A: The current French version uses modern French.
Q: When can I pre-order?
A: Right now! Pre-order are open here: http://aplaguetale.com/shop
Q: Will there be an open Beta?
A: There are no plans for an open Beta.
Q: Will there be a collector’s or special edition?
A: There are currently no plans for a collector’s or special edition.
Q: Will you publish an artbook, statues, ost, etc?
A: We don’t have plans for this at this moment, but stay tuned to our social networks to receive the information first-hand.
Q: Will the game be available on Steam?
A: Yes, here is the Steam store page link. https://store.steampowered.com/app/752590/A_Plague_Tale_Innocence/
Q: How much will the game cost?
A: The game costs €44,99/$44,99 on PC, and €49,99/$49,99 on consoles (or your regional equivalent).
Q: Will there be Ultrawide support?
A: The game will run on a 21:9 monitor with black borders.
Q: Will the game be enhanced for PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X?
A: Yes, the game will be enhanced for PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X.
Q: Will it be possible to play the game in first person?
A: It’s not possible to play in first person.
Q: Will there be a photo mode?
A: There isn’t currently a photo mode for the game.
Q: Will there be mod support?
A: We don’t have any plans to implement mod support.
Q: How long will the game be?
A: It’ll be 12 to 15 hours depending on how you play.
Q: Is this an open world game?
A: A Plague Tale: Innocence is a story-driven adventure game. It’s not an open world game.
Q: Will there be any paid DLC or a sequel?
A: There are currently no plans for DLC.
They're here! Pre-orders are now available for World War Z - celebrate with the Zombies Are Coming trailer!
We’ve just rolled out the latest gameplay trailer for World War Z, our highly anticipated co-op shooter. This “Zombies Are Coming” Trailer is the newest look at the game and shows off even more over-the-top, zombie-horde action, just in time to celebrate all pre-orders being fully live at digital and retail stores.
Powered by Saber’s dynamic Swarm Engine, World War Z unleashes hundreds of fast-moving, bloodthirsty zombies at a time for a one-of-a-kind action experience. Choose from six distinct classes and an arsenal of deadly weapons, explosives, turrets and traps. Outlive the dead through intense four-player co-op campaign missions around the world, and battle both zombies and real human opponents in competitive, team-based Players vs. Players vs. Zombies (PvPvZ) multiplayer.
World War Z is expected to launch on April 16, 2019, for PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC via the Epic Games store.
World War Z is available to pre-order digitally and at retail. For full pre-order details, visit https://wwzgame.com/buy. All World War Z pre-orders come with the Lobo Weapon Pack, featuring three golden weapon skins and the dual-bladed Lobo spade, at no extra charge.
Thanks, and enjoy!
Welcome back to our devblog series where we unveil a wealth of details about the making of A Plague Tale: Innocence, Asobo Studio’s upcoming adventure game coming 2019 to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Today, we’re excited to continue to share more info about a “protagonist" that you will have to face in our game: The Inquisition!
Let’s welcome our Game Director Kevin Choteau who will continue our discussion about the creation of the Inquisition in A Plague Tale: Innocence, starting with Narrative Designer Sébastien Renard last week.
The Inquisition, a Perfect Antagonist
The Inquisition seemed like a logical choice for an antagonist once we decided on setting the story during the Great Plague. We were also aware of the already existing mythology surrounding them. There’s a wide set of narratives (such as witch hunts and burnings at the stake) depicting them as the bad guys. Their disproportionately threatening presence beside two children made them a natural choice as an antagonist.
What was also interesting about this time period for us was that by then the Inquisition was almost at an end, as a result of the general and gradual decay of organized institutions. Everything was falling to pieces. Some factions of the Inquisition were deeply aware of it as they desperately tried to hold on to their power. In A Plague Tale, we meet a stronger Inquisition led by the Great Inquisitor Vitalis. Actively looking for a way to end the plague, Vitalis is also hunting Amicia and Hugo for unknown reasons.
Creating an original Inquisition for A Plague Tale: Innocence
It was quite tricky to research the Inquisition since there aren’t a lot of sources documenting their armed forces. You will find way more information on the Crusades than on the Inquisition, so we supplemented the already existing imagery around the Inquisition with our research into the Crusades and knights from the era. This melting pot of influences results in knights wearing bulky and very heavy armour. This directly influenced our gameplay as the Inquisition members are not as nimble as Amicia and Hugo, and can have trouble catching them. This aspect of gameplay directly helps Amicia and the player.
One of the coolest aspects about developing the Inquisition was creating great contrasts within the Inquisition. They project a confident and strong image, yet when the rats threaten them, even the most charismatic Inquisition members can succumb to terror. As soon as they notice the rodents, they lose all their charm.
The Inquisition has its own ways of fighting off the rats. The story is set only a few months after the beginning of the pandemic. At this point the Inquisition is trying to resist its spread the best it can since it hasn’t found the a great solution yet. The guards add spikes to their leg guards to stop the rats from climbing them, and safe spaces are created by lighting torches near their chariots. All the while, their alchemists work on developing new tools to make the Inquisition stronger than the rats.
A villain out of a tale: The Big Bad Inquisition
A Plague Tale is not a historical game, so don’t expect to see historical figures. As you have probably gathered by now, while A Plague Tale gets a lot of inspiration from real life, it is a fictional tale at heart.
The Inquisition that was present in Bordeaux at the time isn’t remembered as very violent or even aggressive. Once we noticed that Bordeaux didn’t suffer a lot from the Inquisition’s presence, we got turned to the English and the Spanish Inquisition for inspiration, due to their far more brutal ways.
We also pondered how to present religion since the Inquisition is historically linked to it. It does come up in the game since we wanted to portray how the Pope and the Church react to the excesses of the Inquisition and the Great Inquisitor Vitalis himself. After all, at the time, several Inquisition members were excommunicated because they went too far. But history isn’t what we want to recreate through our game: it’s only a setting.
See you soon for more behind-the-scenes information and anecdotes about the creative process behind A Plague Tale: Innocence!
A Plague Tale: Innocence releases May 14th on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.