So with each patch the game becomes more and more enjoyable! Thank you guys for keeping up on this!
Played a few matches so far and these are my thoughts:
- Really enjoying the new wolf as well as the increased amount of wolves. Really intensifies the game and makes them more threatening! The ability to block/break down doors is perfect as well.
- Noticed the new textures and sounds, great addition to the immersive aspect.
- I like the idea of the zones to find artifacts. Only entered one with 90% rad resist, was killed by fire-spitting plant spores, though.
- No medicines/healing during evacuation. Pretty much how i won majority of games, stocking up on health items and just outliving the final player in radiation at the end. This new method of disallowing healing however saves time and forces an end-game push which i think is better)
Things to touch up on:
- I kind of enjoyed the previous inventory menu before. It was smaller, less intrusive, and incompatible items were 'greyed/dulled' out making it easier to just open/drop item/close the menu quickly.
- The wolves body parts still glitch through walls when the door is closed, making them easy to kill from within a building.
- Wolves easily dodgable and just cease chasing you after a certain distance
- I do think the radius of the radioactive artifact zones is a bit too large. Atleast on the larger cities. I was getting hit with radiation, just running past, when not even in the city limit marked areas. Makes it highly demotivating/not worth it to look for an artifact especially when pressed against time. That's just me, though.
- Used the wolf heart.. not sure if it's suppose to summon wolves or convert already existing ones, but it didn't summon any for me, and the existing ones still kept attacking me
Have not experienced yet:
- Finding an artifact
- Able to combine non-conflicting customization items (like watches and gloves, masks and glasses, etc)
- More masks/headwear
- Increase in customization item prices from 1000 -> 1500
- Weapon: AK74u
- In-game text chat (Global/team in pre-game, team-only in actual match)
Sounds like a bunch of whining and personal opinions to the point of there being no challenge for you at all...
Sometimes i get to the end game with just scraps and most of the time, i have the best weapons, gear, and 500 - 800 rounds of ammo. Now, this isn't it designed for you to have max level gear, weapons, etc by the last zone. But you plan accordingly, and you take what you can and you survive with that, that's the fun part.
I like spawning near certain cities, but the thrill of the radioactivity is that you don't know if that city you're aiming for will be contaminated or not ... which may throw you off and now you have to make a plan B, which i personally enjoy.
As far as how the game ran.. i have to admit it was terrible during the very beginning of EA. Super choppy and low frames... but at some point, they fixed it and now it runs flawless, atleast for me.
They've made SUBSTANTIAL strides since EA, and are continuing to do so. It takes time, and they are testing new ideas as it goes, but the progress is still good.