Community Manager for Focus Home Interactive.
We've noticed that a lot of you are asking similar questions, and so that we answer all of them in one easy way, we decided to put together a post answering them all! Please find the most commonly asked questions below, but if you have any that aren't covered here, please let us know.
The Spintires: MudRunner team.
Will there be mod support on consoles?
The first goal of the team at Saber was to bring the Spintires experience to consoles in a new improved version. Releasing the best possible base game was the first priority. Now the goal is to fix the last remaining technical issues and bring some of the most requested features in the game (wheel support on consoles and working mirrors in cockpit view are on the list).
We hear your requests about mods on consoles and we understand them. They won't be available in the short run on PS4 and Xbox One. But we plan to support Spintires: MudRunner in the long run and we'll develop future updates with community feedback in mind.
Will there be Spintires: MudRunner DLC?
- Yes, at this time, we have released two free DLC - The Valley and The Ridge, and will be releasing a new expansion called American Wilds later this year. You can read more about American Wilds here.
Is there an official Spintires: MudRunner Discord channel?
- Yes! Access it here.
Does Spintires: MudRunner require an online connection?
No, you won't need to be online to play the game. You'll need to activate it only once, but once done, the only time you'll need to connect is to download patches and updates.
Does Spintires: MudRunner have first-person
Yes! Spintires: MudRunner supports cockpit mode!
Does Spintires: MudRunner have multi-USB support, for wheels, pedals and gearsticks?
- Yes, on PC. The game supports wheels, pedals and gearsticks, even if they are seperate devices.
Will consoles be able to use wheels/pedals/gearshifts?
- Yes, we support wheels/pedals and gearshifts on consoles. More information about peripheral support in Spintires: MudRunner can be found here.
Do you support multiplayer saves?
- Yes, Spintires: MudRunner supports multiplayer saves.
Will there be cross-platform play?
- At this time, we don't plan to support cross-platform play.
What is real-time mud?
- Muddy terrain, rivers, and other obstacles all realistically react to the weight and movement of your vehicle, thanks to the game's advanced physics engine. "Real-time mud" is the term we came up with to summarize all this!
Is there PC Mod support?
- Yes, of course!
Are you able to change time of day?
- Yes, in Casual mode you will be able to skip night at the cost of fuel.
Will Spintires: MudRunner have VR support?
- This is a feature that isn't currently planned for Spintires: MudRunner
Will lights, sound and mud be synced in multiplayer?
- Due to technical constraints of the game engine, we don't have the ability to implement multiplayer light, sound and mud sync at this time.
Will there be a map editor?
- Yes, on PC. As we will not be supporting mods on consoles, there also will not be a map editor on consoles either.
Is this a re-release of Spintires?
- Spintires: MudRunner is the ultimate version of Spintires. Developed not only for PC but also for the first time for PS4 and Xbox One. It's a huge upgrade over its predecessor, as this edition comes complete with "a brand new Sandbox Map joining the original game's 5 environments, a total graphical overhaul, a new Challenge mode with 9 new dedicated maps, 13 new vehicles and other comprehensive improvements." Original Spintires players on Steam will get 50% off MudRunner as a loyalty discount. More info and details coming very soon – follow us to make sure you don't miss any info.
Will there be a Nintendo Switch version?
- Yes! Spintires: MudRunner will be coming to Nintendo Switch in 2018.
Can you clarify the involvement of Pavel in Spintires: MudRunner?
- Pavel Zagrebelny, the creator of the original Spintires, is back at Saber Interactive as vision holder and lead developer on Spintires: MudRunner, and therefore, is fully involved in the project.
Focus Home (we) will be the ones publishing it, so we'll be releasing it, handling future updates (along with the dev team) and distributing it, too.
What will be the recommended settings/specs?
- The recommended settings for Spintires: MudRunner should be very similar to the original game, but may change as we get closer to release.
Do you plan to support Mac and Linux?
- At this time, we don't plan to support Mac and Linux with Spintires: MudRunner.
Will there be vehicle customisation?
- No. This means that you won't be able to add decals, change vehicle colours, or add rim spinners. Rest assured that you will be able to modify vehicles with log bays, trailers, and other modifications as you could in the original Spintires.
How will deliveries be handled?
- Deliveries will work the same way that they always have.
What framerate will Spintires: MudRunner run at?
- Locked to 30fps on consoles, locked to 60fps on PC.
Will there be 4k compatibility on consoles?
- We’re in discussions to bring PS4 Pro and Xbox One X features to the game, but we have nothing to confirm yet.
What languages will be available?
- At release, Spintires: MudRunner will be playable in 8 languages - English, French, German, Italian, Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian and Polish.
Will there be tracked vehicles?
- This is not currently planned.
Will you support dedicated servers?
- This is not currently planned.
We understand this concern, and I just want to let you know that we're reading and collecting all of your questions - we at Focus Home Interactive have always supported our games, during and after release. We strongly believe in Spintires: MudRunner, and our objective is to produce a great game, which we intend to continue supporting with updates to enrich the game's experience even after release. We always pay great attention to community feedback, and both we and Saber will make sure that MudRunner receives attention and improvements after Day 1.
We're doing our best to collect all of your questions, and are in discussions with the developers to get answers for them. Please bear with us while this happens, and we'll answer them soon
If you own the original Spintires on Steam, you'll be able to buy Spintires: MudRunner for 55% off.
This is due to a 50% loyalty discount for people that own the Original Spintires, and a 10% discount for pre-ordering. As Steam uses multiplicative percentages, this adds up to a 55% discount in total.
We're very happy to announce the development of Spintires: MudRunner, the ultimate version of the million-seller indie hit Spintires coming at the end of the year to PC and for the first time to consoles.
Like Spintires before it, Spintires: MudRunner puts players in the driver seat and dares them to take charge of incredible all-terrain vehicles, venturing across extreme landscapes with only a map and compass as their guides! Get a taste of what awaits you in the Reveal Trailer.
A huge upgrade over its predecessor, this edition comes complete with a brand new Sandbox Map joining the original game's 5 environments, a total graphical overhaul, a new Challenge mode with 9 new dedicated maps, 13 new vehicles and other comprehensive improvements. It’s not just an enhanced edition, it’s the ultimate off-road simulation experience!
Drive 19 powerful all-terrain vehicles, each with its own characteristics and attachable equipment. Complete your objectives and deliveries by enduring perilous conditions across wild, untamed landscapes in extreme conditions with dynamic day-night cycles. Explore an immersive sandbox environment, enhanced by improved graphics. Overcome muddy terrain, raging rivers and other obstacles that all realistically react to the weight and movement of your vehicle powered by the game's advanced physics engine.
With your map, compass, winch, and your driving skills as allies, go solo or join up to three others in the co-op multiplayer. On PC, download mods created by the passionate community for truck-loads of content and an ever-evolving Spintires: MudRunner experience.
Spintires: MudRunner will release this October on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Spintires owners will benefit from an exclusive 50% discount on Steam, on top of a 10% discount on all pre-orders. Pre-order now: http://bit.ly/MudRunner_Steam
Blood Bowl 2: Legendary Edition’s release is just around the corner! To celebrate this momentous occasion, the Content Reveal Trailer is now out, showcasing the latest teams and the newest features brought by the Legendary Edition.
The Legendary Edition not only brings eight new races, many new Star Players and two new cheerleaders, but also the single-player mode Eternal League, an unending career as a coach for any of your available teams.
Compete in matches across multiple seasons, participating in tournaments with different sizes and rules, as you keep evolving and levelling up your team.
The second new single-player mode is the Challenge Mode. This mode presents you with crazy and wild match situations, which have to be solved within a single turn with a set of pre-rolled dice. These challenges could be anything from sending a Thrall six-feet-under, pushing an ogre off the pitch, or scoring the most improbable touchdown of your Blood Bowl career. (For more information about the new single player modes, click here.)
Beyond these exciting new features are the new Khemri stadium, insane matches with All-Star teams and Mixed Teams, and many new tools and options enriching an already deep multiplayer experience. These will be revealed as we get closer and closer to the release of Blood Bowl 2: Legendary Edition!
Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition will be available as a stand-alone game for newcomers, and as an affordable expansion for all Blood Bowl 2 players this September on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Pre-ordering the Legendary Edition or the Official Expansion on Steam will grant you a 10% discount and beta access.
Pre-ordering the Legendary Edition will also instantly unlock Blood Bowl 2 base game + Team Pack races! Pre-order here!
The first Beta for Blood Bowl 2 - Legendary Edition has started!
This first test session is a stress test for our game servers. We want as many simultaneous players as possible, to make sure our servers hold!
We'd like to have a peak of players tomorrow, Saturday 5th, at 6PM (CEST). Please log on for a quick game at this hour to help us get the best possible results for this beta.
Note that you'll have to create a new account for the beta.
There’s no NDA, so feel free to stream and discuss your impressions about the game online.
End Date: 11AM (CEST) Tuesday August 8th.
Access: All Blood Bowl 2 owners (BB2 base game owners + Legendary edition preorders).
- 12 races (4 Legendary teams)
- Kislev Circus
- Underworld Denizens
- The 8 races from the base game (Dwarf, Dark Elves, High Elves, Chaos, Skaven, Human, Orc, Bretonnian).
- Multiplayer only
- Team Editor
- No Mixed Team
- No Star Player Team
If you own Blood Bowl 2 on Steam, you'll automatically get a new entry called "Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Beta" in your Steam library.
Besides the technical aspects, any feedback about the Legendary Edition is of course welcome! Please post any suggestion or feedback in our official forum.
We have 3 known issues for the beta - both will be fixed before launch.
Beta Known Issues
- Crash when a player with Mighty Blow rolls a double 6 on an injury roll.
- Missing Disturbing Presence effect.
- Concede pop up appears behind the escape menu
Thanks for helping us develop the best possible Blood Bowl video game!
See you on the pitch!
Cyanide Studio & Focus Home Interactive