We have been checking your system and we're sorry to say that you are under the minimum specifications for the game. You're right that the source of your problem is the map. We have passed this on to the devs, in case they decide to work on lowering the minimum requirements in the future. Very sorry we can't do more than this for the moment.
Okay, the problem might be related to EAC then. Please try following these steps:
- Run Steam and click LIBRARY.
- Right click on Battlefleet Gothic: Armada II > Properties.
- Click the LOCAL FILES tab and click on the BROWSE LOCAL FILES button.
- Open the EasyAntiCheat folder and run the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe application.
- Select Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 and click on the Repair Service button.
Also, please try verifying your game files on steam:
- Right click your game in the library
- Click properties
- Click the Local Files Tab
- Verify Integrity of game files
Please let us know if it works!
Please try following these steps to fix your issue:
- Open Windows Explorer or File Explorer from the taskbar.
- Open the Local Disk (C:).
- Open the Users folder then your Windows username folder.
- Navigate to AppData (*) > Local > BattlefleetGothic2 > Saved > Config > WindowsNoEditor.
- Open the Game.ini file.
- Set bFirstLaunch to False (bFirstLaunch=False).
- If bFirstLaunch is missing, please add the following line:
- Save and run Battlefleet Gothic Armada II.
(*) AppData is a hidden folder by default. To view this folder:
- Open Windows Explorer from the taskbar.
- Click Organize > Folder and search options.
- Click View tab and check Show hidden files, folders and drives under Hidden files and folders from Advanced Settings.
- Click OK.
- Open File Explorer from the taskbar.
- Click View tab and check Hidden items.
Thanks for the feedback, I've passed this on to the devs.