You can toggle the radio beeps off and on in the options menu.
While this is helpful information, note that it doesn't help other players (beep-recipients) unless they know about the issue or are willing to communicate to you that they only hear you beeping (rather than mistakenly believing it'a problem on the beeper's end, like many who encounter this issue do):
I've actually been kicked for annoying my teammates this way unbeknownst to me
I notice this when transitioning the dot between objects too. When aimed down sights with a magnifier, the laser dot will temporarily become huge and then appear on the new object. This happens even without world geometry in the way; just aim at the edge of something (e.g. burned out car) and wiggle the sights back and forth across the edge.
@chaton I'm not the only one experiencing these issues:
- "any command that returns a longish response is corrupted"
- "if you use [mcrcon], the server runs 100 % CPU until restart"
- "The help & scenario command seem have some gobbledygook at the beginning of the response."
- RCON CPU usage (thread leak) investigation (Steam)
- RCON CPU usage (thread leak) FHI post
- Dev fails to provide examples of RCON clients that work "better than others"
- "There is no consistency to the packets and you end up randomly getting partial playerlists or partial responses. It's inconsistent so we can't parse it properly."
Hi, @chaton. Yes, I followed the specification. The problem is that if implemented to specification, the client does not work properly at all (no text can be obtained, as the received packet isn't as expected).
Please note that the current recommended client does not work properly. In your own admin guide you recommend mcrcon which does not produce any output (at least my implementation shows the received packet!).
The developer who told you this is a client problem appears to be incorrect, as no client works properly. I am willing to work directly with them on this as needed.