I understand what you mean Op. I think this has more to do with the animation system than the lack of inertia. The smaller movements could use some tweaks.
This video may be relevant in regards to FPS animation systems.
The devs need to strike a balance between responsiveness and gunplay.
@maa_bunny It sounds like something that would work well in Escape from Tarkov (a super-hardcore fps) , but I still think the devs should experiment with this in the next patch. They should experiment with unique features before the release date.
Maybe there should be a "comeback bonus" when you win a game after going through a losing streak.
Lets say you get 300 points if you win, if you lose, you get 100 points, plus 200 in the "prize bucket". When you win after your losing streak, you get your 300 points, plus the comeback bonus (the contents of the prize bucket). It will make comebacks feel more rewarding.
I have an idea. If you lose a game, xp gets put into a jackpot bucket. When you win a game, you get your xp for winning PLUS whatever accumulated in the jackpot bucket.
I'm ok with no deathmatch. Without objectives you have random camping. With instant spawning you have reckless behavior. Combine the two and you get random camping and reckless run and gun without anyone caring about avoiding getting killed. This is toxic as hell and the kind of mentality this breeds will poison other game modes.
I do think the wall weapon collision needs to be reworked a bit. Instead of always raising your weapon, it should work like this:
- Weapon collision in Far Cry 3+ was used to just let you know when the autolean/peek was active.
- When you aim down sight, instead your weapon becoming unfirable when it impacts a wall, it would just stop moving and make a 'tap' sound. Your camera would still move a bit, think of it like a rubber band on a pencil, the pencil being the weapon, the camera attached to the rubber band.
I can agree with you on on-screen notifications.
I always thought it was a bug that everyone took advantage of, where you could instantly ADS if you started a sprint before right clicking.
@thehappybub Oh, I get what you mean. Yeah, there should be a difference between insurgent and security technicals. Maybe different bumpers or a different car body. Some sort of radio equipment in the passenger seat.... an emblem...something to make them different from each other.
I have an idea. Armor can both be useful, AND in some situations you can have fast TTK across the board.
When you have NO armor...
- You'll have a heart hitbox. The smallest bullet in the game will kill you if it hits your heart hitbox.
- The armor is more effective at reducing damage from long range shots.
- Pistol rounds will have the most significant damage reduction.
- The weight of the armor will affect inertia as well as speed.
- Your turn speed will be affected as well (Like in Escape from Tarkov), you won't be able to instantly turn around.