Insurgency: Sandstorm releases in a few months and we’re all very excited to get it in your hands. In order to ensure the best possible experience on release, we are doing another round of Windows PC-only Alpha testing.
There have been a lot of changes since our last Closed Alpha. We’d like to get feedback on all the new maps, balance changes, UI improvements, matchmaking systems, and server hosting functions that have been updated since the last public test.
When providing feedback please keep in mind that the game has not yet been fully optimised and some content is still work in progress, this Alpha is intended as stress test and not indicative of the final product.
This “Closed Technical Alpha,” as we are calling it is not a part of the pre-order Beta access program. Any players who pre-order Insurgency: Sandstorm on Steam will get access to an exclusive Beta version a few weeks before release. Players who are in the Closed Technical Alpha will not necessarily have access to the Beta unless they pre-order.
Please keep in mind that this Closed Technical Alpha is covered by a Non-Disclosure Agreement, meaning you won’t be able to share any screenshots, videos or info about the Alpha outside of the dedicated hidden forum.
The Insurgency: Sandstorm Team
Focus Home Interactive and Saber Interactive are pleased to announce their continued collaboration for development of the sequel to MudRunner, which once again dares players to take charge of incredible all-terrain vehicles across extreme landscapes.
MudRunner 2 brings back the series’ renowned physics engine, realistic driving mechanics, intense environments and sandbox gameplay, along with a host of new features and enhancements.
“Collaborating with Focus Home Interactive on MudRunner was a great success for both our studios,” says Matt Karch, CEO of Saber Interactive. “Thanks to their professionalism and continued enthusiasm for the project, the Focus team have established themselves as the ideal partners as we take the next bold steps in our MudRunner journey.”
“We are proud to partner with Saber Interactive once again on a series that has proven to be a hit with players and critics alike,” says Jürgen Goeldner, president of Focus Home Interactive. “With this new collaboration, we look forward to working closely with Saber Interactive to achieve our goal of offering players the ultimate off-road experience.”
MudRunner 2 is planned for PC and Consoles. The game will be further unveiled next year, beginning with the What’s Next de Focus press event in Q1 2019.
The preparation of Blood Bowl 2 World Cup 2018 is going well and we reached the stage where we'd like to discuss with all the community leagues interested in participating to the event!
As for the 2016 World Cup, we'll give away tickets for the World Cup Play-Off to the selected community leagues. More details will arrive soon.
If you are running a Blood Bowl 2 league, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org presenting your league to apply for the 2018 BB2 World Cup.
See you on the pitch,
I just signed. I would love to work in the industry and learn the way in writing games stories, project management or creative design. Are there any open opportunities?
Hi, you'll have to discuss about that with New World Interactive, job offers are on their website: http://newworldinteractive.com
Focus has also offers on its website here: http://www.focus-home.com/company
Have a nice day!
After the Closed Alpha a few months ago, we'll be launching a Closed Multiplayer Beta in the coming weeks to gather your feedback about the balancing and overall experience of Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 in multiplayer!
If you're interested, please click here to register and get a chance to participe in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Closed Multiplayer Beta - we'll contact you by email if you're selected!
The Closed Multiplayer Beta will be covered by a Non Disclosure Agreement, meaning you won’t be able to share any screenshots, videos or info about the Beta outside of the dedicated hidden forum and Discord.
The Emperor Protects!
We reached a new stage in the development of Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 and we'd like to have your feedback to shape the best possible game! More info about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 here.
If you're interested, please click here to register and get a chance to participe in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 Closed Alpha - we'll contact you by email if you're selected!
The Closed Alpha will be covered by a Non Disclosure Agreement, meaning you won’t be able to share any screenshots, videos or info about the Alpha outside of the dedicated hidden forum and Discord.
The Emperor Protects!
The post-apocalyptic Battle Royale FPS enters the fray in 2018!
Survive the post-apocalyptic danger zone of Fear the Wolves, the upcoming competitive Battle Royale FPS by the S.T.A.L.K.E.R veterans, Vostok Games.
The game drops players, in squads or as lone wolves, into the oppressive environments of a radiation-ravaged Chernobyl. The classic Battle Royale mode forces them to fight to be the last man standing out of 100 fighters, while another to-be-unveiled mode brings an exciting twist to the genre.
To secure the top spot, players will need to worry about more than just other survivors. Across the hostile wastes, everyone is threatened by deadly anomalies and the dynamically-changing weather. With time wearing on and the day turning to dusk, survivors are forced to constantly adapt their strategies.
Protective gear allows players to explore dangerous off-limit radioactive zones inaccessible to less-equipped opponents - but filled with powerful loot. All the while, the howls of mutated creatures echo through the wasteland…
Further breaking the mold of the genre, every game is made truly unique by the irregular and unpredictable spread of deadly radiation, which organically closes in on players with different stages of toxicity.
Safety is rarely certain, and adept players will need to read the environment to determine when it is no longer wise to remain in an area. Between all this, other players, tight shooting mechanics, and an arsenal of guns and melee weapons at your disposal, no two matches are the same.
These new screenshots showcase some of the locales players will visit while scavenging for weapons and hunting other players, including factories, power plants, small towns, and villages. There is also an exclusive first look at the game’s mutant wolves - fearsome creatures that stalk the perimeters of radioactive zones, attacking players in packs and proving formidable foes for anyone not adequately armed.
More information will be revealed at E3 2018 next month, so stay tuned for more!
Fear the Wolves comes to PC in 2018, later on consoles. Early Access begins this summer on PC.
End of day 2 for our Closed Beta!
We released our first update at noon (see patch log here) to fix some of the most urgent technical issues that you reported yesterday.
Thanks once again for your feedback and reports as they're the grassroots of our upcoming updates. Our current priority is to iron out server issues as much as possible for the Early Access release next week. Expect very regular updates throughout the week based on your reports.
We're currently testing a new update for the Beta when publishing this message. Depending on how the testing process goes, we'll release it either today or tomorrow morning - expect a short downtime to deploy the patch! (5-10 minutes maximum)
Please find the second patchnote below:
- Show ping on screen during a match.
- Show ping in the Main Menu to all servers.
- Auto-select the best region based on User ping on client launch.
- Simplified helicopter extraction.
- Fixed camera angles during parachuting.
We'd also like to encourage you to use the servers of your region (NA or EU) - you can set it up in the bottom right of the main menu. Note that we're working on bringing Asia servers - they should arrive in a couple of days!
See you in the Zone,
Fear The Wolves Team
Check out the intense new raw gameplay footage for Insurgency: Sandstorm and prepare for the first exclusive Pre-order Beta on August 9!
Insurgency: Sandstorm is New World Interactive’s new game: a reborn, improved, and expanded sequel to indie multiplayer FPS hit Insurgency, coming September 2018 to PC and 2019 to consoles.
See how close to the action you can get in the new trailer which features raw PVP gameplay from the Closed Technical Alpha. We're also happy to announce Pre-order Beta Test 1 beginning next week.
From August 9 through August 13, players who have pre-ordered Insurgency: Sandstorm on Steam will receive exclusive access to Pre-order Beta 1. This will be the first official beta test, and the first time the game will be playable at home. We're greatly looking forward to hearing what the wider Insurgency fanbase thinks and will be gathering as much feedback as possible leading up to the second Beta phase closer to the full release in September.
Available in Pre-order Beta 1 will be three maps from the final release build. Each is a complex maze of brutal interiors, deadly sniping lanes, and wide-open battlefields, each uniquely designed to make every moment of every game feel fresh.
Whether your playstyle is run and gun, slow-paced, or more specialized, you’ll find plenty to study and learn across the maps. The four game modes - Firefight, Push, Checkpoint, and Skirmish - each change the accessible part of the map, drastically altering the available strategies.
Pre-order Beta 2 will begin August 30, just a few weeks before release, and have a further three maps available for play. This will allow players to test the full content of the launch version of the game. New World Interactive will be focusing their work during Beta 2 on bug fixing, server stability, and starting work on their extensive post-launch support plans.
You can pre-order on Steam now for a 10% discount, reducing the price to €26.99 / £23.39 / $26.99. An additional 10% loyalty discount will be given to fans that own the original Insurgency, bringing the pre-order price down to just $24.99. This additional discount will be offered until the end of 2018, and all pre-orders will receive instant access to any ongoing beta tests as well as future ones. Note that the Loyalty Discount does not stack with other promotions.
As Pre-order Beta 1 will have no NDA and no streaming restrictions, those curious are invited to watch live gameplay on Twitch, YouTube, Mixer, and Facebook throughout the long weekend.
Insurgency: Sandstorm releases on Windows PC in September 2018, with Linux and Mac support coming later, and on PS4 and Xbox One in 2019. Pre-order now on Steam and get bonuses, including exclusive access to both Pre-order Betas. Stay tuned for another announcement next week! http://insurgency-sandstorm.com/shop
Is there going to be OCEANIC Servers during the beta? How large would you consider the following of Insurgency within that region to be? Is there going to be continued OCE support once released?
Yes, there will be a server in Australia for the pre-order Beta 1. The OCE region will get as much support as the others.
In the grim darkness of later today, there is only the release of Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2.
We're thrilled to release Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 today! We are currently aiming for a 6PM CET / 5PM GMT / 12PM EST / 9AM PST launch, but stay tuned as we may do a soft release a few hours earlier to make sure everything is working as expected.
A new Launch Trailer will prepare you for battle as all the fury of 12 factions clash for dominance in skirmish and ranked multiplayer, while three full grand campaigns offer hundreds of hours of single-player and co-op content.
With a focus on bringing naval battle strategy into the 41st millennium, Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 has you considering ship speeds, engagement angles, torpedoes, and strike craft while navigating the fantastical and daemonic special abilities of this dark future. Design and customise your fleet through a fully open points system, picking from one of over 80 sub-factions and dozens of fleet upgrades across seven ship classes and 12 distinct factions.
The team has worked hard on your feedback from the second Beta. As announced in our latest community update, today's full release brings a lot of balance tweaks and bug fixes. You’ll find some highlights and a patchlog at the end of this post. If you're new to the game, make sure to read our Quick Start Guide.
You can also join our Discord to discuss with fellow players and devs: https://discord.gg/fqpAG2D
You'll also be able to finally play the campaign co-op mode today. We'd like to remind you that, as announced at the start of the last Beta, this game is an incredibly ambitious project for our small team and we’ve worked hard to release a sequel improved in every way over the original. It includes 12 factions and three massive grand campaigns playable in co-op. But as we’re working around the clock to polish every part of the game, we're forced to release the co-op mode in an early access state today.
This means that we’re simply not entirely satisfied yet by the level of polish on offer in the co-op mode. It is now available, but we will continue to improve it and fix technical issues in this mode after launch. Our current estimation for the full release of campaign co-op is during March. In the meantime, the co-op mode will be playable on launch but you might experience some technical issues. Your feedback about this mode will be instrumental in making it stable as fast as possible.
Even though the game is now released, we're still interested in getting your feedback about all aspects of the game: balancing, technical issues, and the full Necron, Imperium and Tyranid campaigns. We'll continue to release updates and tweak the game with the help of your reports. Today is only the beginning for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 and we'd like to share more about our post-release plans.
As explained above, our first priority is to polish the co-op mode to release it fully as soon as possible. It will come with a balancing patch, as well as bug fixes and additional polish based on your feedback. We'll also develop the competitive aspect with official seasons and rewards to be announced very soon.
This first major update will be followed by the development of new ships and continuous work on balancing. As you've seen in our last Beta update, we have the data to monitor win rates and match-ups and we'll make good use of them to do regular balance tweaks until we're happy on that front.
After this we will be focusing on major new features. This includes a massive new game mode giving you access to skirmishes with truly humongous fleets and legendary ships (the Phalanx, Macragge's Honour, and other ships you see during the campaign). Thanks to the incredible support the game has received so far, Focus Home Interactive and Tindalos Interactive have also begun work on a new, full grand campaign. That’s all we can say for now, but we will announce specifics closer to release later this year.
We can't wait to share more, but as you can see, we've got plenty on the go in the coming months. Meanwhile, enjoy the full release of Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 and let us know what you think!
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 - Release Patch notes
- All three Grand Campaigns are now fully playable!
- Your Imperial and Necron campaign saves from Beta 2 will still work, enjoy!
- Campaign co-op is releasing in an Early Access state. It’s playable and fun, so please try it out and provide feedback, but those who want to enjoy a fully polished and bug-free experience may wish to wait.
- All profiles have been reset. This includes multiplayer rank and skill progression.
- The game is now available in multiple languages.
Improvements & New Features
- Playing skirmish against AI will now grant faction XP
- Added Game Option in the campaign to play non-scripted battles in Cruiser Clash mode
- There are 3 options available: Cruiser Clash, Domination, and Random
- You can choose between these at the start of a campaign or at any time during your campaign by going into the game options
- When playing Cruiser Clash, the stationary defenses are placed at random in a square on the battle map
- Added possibility to remove the Urgency Threat gauge at a start of a new campaign
- The game has been designed with the Urgency Threat in mind, but we understand players wanting to enjoy the campaign at a slower pace
- This cannot be changed mid-game, you will need to restart your campaign if you wish to disable or enable it.
- Skill keybinds are now displayed properly in battle
- All Factions
- Rally can now be used during a mutiny
- Reload stance candency bonus now only applies to macro weapons
- Collisions between allied vessels no longer causes morale damage
- Ship point cost for all Corsair vessels has been decreased
- Ship point cost for all Tyranid vessels has been increased
- Tyranid assault boat number per squadron decreased from 4 to 3
- Tyranid fighter squadrons decreased from 8 units to 6
- Spiky Carapace now ignores armor
- Mont'Ka crit chance bonus decreased from 100% to 50%
- T’au Warfare now properly applies to ships with the T’au Warfare attribute
- Cutting Beam now ignores armor
- Cutting Beam damage increased from 60 to 120
- Cutting Beam charge time reduced from 15 seconds to 10
- Tau Manta Bomber dodge chance increased from 20% to 40%
- Space Marines
- Space Marine Torpedoes activate their tracking system earlier
- Emperor Tarot can now target visible ships
- Imperial Navy
- Emperor Tarot can now target visible ships
- Burning Scale ship now properly has 1 launch bay instead of 3
- The Daemon Infestation upgrade now properly applies to all ships
- Kin Crewed Battery max cadency bonus reduced from 50% to 25%
- Kin Crewed Battery cadency bonus per second reduced from 2% to 1%
- In domination mode, the AI will no longer stay in the capture area without reacting to attacks
- AI now prioritizes ships that are not drifting hulks or undergoing a mutiny
- Fixed a memory leak in video playback during game hitches (such as when clicking on the create custom fleet button)
- Please note that they will still take some time to load
- Several localized crashes have been fixed
- Multiple localization fixes and improvements
- Custom fleets from the Beta can no longer exceed the point limit before launching a battle
- Multiple bug fixes and improvements
We're delighted to announce that our ongoing partnership with Games Workshop has been strengthened with the signing of multiple new titles across various IPs. Focus and Games Workshop will be working with developers at Saber Interactive, Gasket Games, and Streum On Studio across a wide range of genres and established franchises.
Saber Interactive will be working on one of Games Workshop’s most important licences, Warhammer 40,000, using their unique expertise and technology to develop a never-before-seen triple-A experience for consoles and PC.
Gasket Games, composed of veterans from the Dawn of War franchise, are developing a title matched to their core strengths in one of Games Workshop’s most popular IPs.
Finally, Streum On are evolving what they achieved with Space Hulk: Deathwing in a new IP, utilising their know-how in the First Person Shooter genre.
Focus and Games Workshop are also excited to continue their work together for the coming years and look forward to delivering and creating great experiences for Games Workshop fans and videogames players across the world.
The Legendary Edition of Blood Bowl 2 has been announced at Le What's Next de Focus, our press event in February 2017. We're pleased to finally unveil all the info about this new edition!
PC/Mac, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
For new players: the Legendary Edition with ALL the content of Blood Bowl 2 at the price of a full game. Contains BB2 base game + Team Pack (Wood Elf/Lizardmen/Nurgle/Norse/Necromantic/Undead/Chaos Dwarfs/Khemri) + Official Expansion.
For existing owners of BB2: the Official Expansion content.
All info about preorder on Steam are HERE.
Full compatibility between the 2 versions. Most small features and quality of life changes will be available to all BB2 players, even those who didn't purchase the Official Expansion.
Content of the Official Expansion
- 8 new races
- Pro Elves
- Kislev (based on the rules of Slanns)
- For a total of 24 races (the current 16 + 8 new)
- Swiss system competition
- Resurrection Mode
- No lasting SPP/injuries between each round.
- Team Editor
- Choose a race and get unlimited gold, as well as the option to add any skill/stat/injury.
- These teams get a tag “custom team” which can be banned from a league.
- Our goal with the combo “team editor + resurrection mode + Swiss system” is to give players the opportunity to experience the rules played on tabletop.
- New solo campaign mode
- Any race.
- Perpetual campaign.
- You have a map where you can go from a competition to another.
- Less cinematics/story and more freedom.
- A brand new stadium based on the “Khemri” theme
- Mercenary teams
- Teams composed of players picked from different races.
- Several groups of teams you can pick your players from (i.e. “Elf team” = Pro Elf, WE, HE, DE).
- These teams will also have a specific tag – they won’t be allowed in Champion Ladder for example.
- Star Player team
- Teams composed of 16 Starplayers.
- These teams will have a specific tag as well.
- New chat tab in a league
- Accessible by all coaches with a team registered in the league.
- Post-match chat
- You can discuss with your opponent even after the end of the game, as long as you stay on the “end of the match” screen.
Manual seeding in competitions.
Possibility to play a league with a mix of human players and AI teams.
- AI improvement
- The AI will take the current turn of the game into account (and not cross the pitch with dwarfs at turn 16).
- Optional skills
- It’s been discussed a lot with the community – more skills will be optional (Pass, Dodge, Tackle, Fend, Tentacles, Break Tackle).
Free Camera Mode
Save during a singleplayer match.
Option to deactivate ageing in solo.
- Enhanced Competition Administration
- Possibility to admin a match in detail (to decide TDs, injuries, SPP…)
- A pause system in multiplayer
- 3 pauses per player per game.
- No time limit to a pause.
- Any player can unpause at any time during a pause (even 5 seconds after a player paused).
- Players can use the chat during the pause.
FAME displayed during a match
New cheerleader models (not one per team, but a bit more diversity).
Cheerleaders will have the same colors as the team they're supporting.
Option to display the tooltip in dice probability (“2+” instead of “83%”).
- A lot more Starplayers
- We aim at 50 Starplayers total.
- They won't all have a "premium skin" but we want to make them all available gameplay-wise.
Option to mute chat in a match
Option to ban players from a competition in-game.
A lot of other small things – mainly “quality of life” improvements.
95% of the content of the Legendary Edition is directly taken from your feedback and suggestions about Blood Bowl 2 since launch. Thanks for being this commited and enthusiastic towards Blood Bowl!
A few screenshots to ease your wait - the bear is the big guy for Kislev!
Have fun on the pitch,
The most important indeed is that devs are focused on their work and we are expecting that the game will be great. It s a very waited title you have their Netheos ! (big pressure on thou !! XD)
Thanks The team is focused on the development for now, we'll have a lot to show when we get closer to release, but for now the focus is on the game.