Community Manager for Focus Home Interactive.
@mofragn because no one is playing. Some people weren't able to update the game through steam (I am one of those people). Some people are tired of waiting for hours for game to load. Some people are sick of poor optimization. It was fine to give the game first tests and see what this game looks like. But now it couse so much pain to play only one round.
Hello, we're sorry you're having issues with the game. NA region is indeed having a lot of issues to get games but the Beta did run pretty well with a lot of games played in EU.
We're working on everything you mentionned to have a smooth experience for everyone. Could you tell more about your issue with Steam update?
Is there going to be OCEANIC Servers during the beta? How large would you consider the following of Insurgency within that region to be? Is there going to be continued OCE support once released?
Yes, there will be a server in Australia for the pre-order Beta 1. The OCE region will get as much support as the others.
Will bots be available in the beta or is it pvp only?
All modes will be available in the pre-order Beta 1, including bots. Cheers!
I cannot play because matchmaking is taking an eternity because there are never enough players to fill the lobby. I am trying to play from India. Can I change my server to EU somehow. Please help me so I can play as well.
Hi, we'll soon hotfix the game to allow you to change your region.
Issue isn't fixed for me. After 2 restarts my character still remains stuck in the lobby (and has been for over 10 minutes).
The current temporary fix that we've implemented right now only open a few matches to the EU server, hence the problem if you're not in EU or if too many players are playing in the EU region.
We are working on fixing this issue for all servers, sorry about the inconvenience.
will the Beta run on your dedicated servers or it's a MM system yet ?
Matchmaking system only.
Hello, we are investigating an issue where players are stuck at the main menu with "Match Found" being displayed.
We will keep you updated with our progress and expect this issue to be resolved quickly.
Edit: The current temporary fix that we've implemented right now only open a few matches to the EU server.
We are working on fixing this issue for all servers, sorry about the inconvenience!
This week's Closed Beta session is open!
It will be closed next Monday, August 6th at 5:30PM CEST.
Note that squad mode isn't available yet as we're running some last tests. It will be added in the Beta later today.
If you haven't received a key, don't worry as we send more regularly. Make sure you're registered for the Beta here to receive your key.
What to expect from the Beta?
We continue to improve the game based on your feedback from the previous Beta session and we're happy to let you play the latest version of the game in development. Our main priority is ironing out the server issues to ensure a smooth experience for all players.
Please find below this week's changelog:
- Greatly reduced the freeze when jumping from the helicopter.
- Fixed a bug where weapons were not being automatically equipped after attaching to the evacuation rope.
- Fixed a bug where a downed member of a squad would remain attached to the evacuation rope. Now the squad member will fall off the rope and take fall damage, further reducing the time their team mates have to revive them.
- Improved corpse rag doll animations.
- Improved the visualization of when a character is pushed by a vehicle.
- Fixed a bug where characters with broken legs were still able to sprint.
- Fixed a bug where taking damage wasn’t interrupting the health regeneration effects from consumables.
- Fixed a bug which allowed players to shoot without delay between bursts.
- Fixed a bug where players were able to reload while sprinting.
- Fixed a bug when you were able to change weapons without leaving ADS.
- Updated the window breaking mechanic. Now players can throw grenades through windows.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes doors would have different states between the client and server. This caused some players to be blocked by open doors and some to pass through closed doors.
- Improved rain effects increasing the intensity of the wet landscape.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally resulted in the cause of death not appearing on the death screen.
- Small fixes in the lobby's UI.
Quick reminder that the this Beta isn't covered by a NDA, meaning you can share videos, images and info about the game this week. Keep in mind that it's a work-in-progress version of the game, and players may encounter bugs or crashes, that may lower the quality of the in-game experience.
We’d love your help in identifying these bugs, so that we can make the Early Access release version of Fear The Wolves the best that it can be.
Please join the Fear The Wolves official Discord to synchronize with the team and testers.
Where can I share feedback?
Please report technical issues and general feedback on the Fear The Wolves official Forums. Before submitting feedback on the forums please check if there is an existing thread about the topic, or if it is listed in our known issues log.
When providing feedback please try to be as informative as possible, providing information on where and when the issue occurred.
We look forward to seeing you on the servers!
Fear The Wolves Team